Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 06:30 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Hmm. Unforseen consequences and a terrible tragedy. I wonder how long it took Clinton and Co. with their advisors and focus groups to come up with those statements. We're going to hear this blather for the next two years and Democrats will forgive her and bash Republicans as sexist and waging a war on women everytime we criticize her.

Hey libs...you nitwits rejected her overwhelmingly in 2008, she's an even more flawed candidate today. Why do you people suddenly want her so badly now?

Just more lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Her opponent should make an ad with the 3am clip and then her saying, "what difference does it make?"

Perfect.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
How come you guys never use the whole quote? Are you afraid to admit that it doesn't mean what you want it to mean?

"With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator."

It's a pretty weak (and disingenuous) tactic to rely on quote mining to isolate one part of her statement in order to use it completely out of context, especially when the statements before and after it frame the context quite clearly.

Now, if you had a legitimate point to make, why would you have to rely on dishonest quote mining to make it?

And what part of "It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again" do you disagree with, anyways?

No, the whole statement says it.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude
Her opponents will make all sorts of adds. Some will be more honest than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
True - as will she.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude
None are likely to ultimately beat her.

I'm not sure why you would say that; she was the frontrunner and assumed candidate before Mr. Obama came up and beat her.

First, I don't expect ANY honesty from her.

Second, good point!

Old 01-28-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I honestly think it is funny how right wingers keep bringing this topic up and trying to paint Hilary with a bad brush with it. They way they word things you would of thought that is was Hilary herself who picked up a gun and went on a murderous rampage in Libya.

The Americans killed in Benghazi were killed by savage Muslim Radicals. How exactly is this Hilary's fault? What could she have done to change things?

She could have paid attention the the attacks that had been taking place in the area, the fact that the Brits had pulled out due to the known danger, and she could have beefed up security as had been requested but had decided to turn down that request.

That's what she could have done to change things.

You see, there is no excuse, it was her responsibility and she blew it.

Funny how this I all too well known but left wingers keep ignoring it and defending her.

I guess that makes you complicit in the grand scheme of things and appears to make your thoughts "not too honest".

Old 01-28-2014, 07:28 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Typical of a Clinton. She wants to have it both ways.

If she truly regrets it, not just the fact that it makes her look bad, why did she proclaim "What difference does it make"?

She did not appear to regret it when she made that statement, or even regret it until it became an inconvenience to her.
because it is obvious that you do not know what those words mean.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
She could have paid attention the the attacks that had been taking place in the area, the fact that the Brits had pulled out due to the known danger, and she could have beefed up security as had been requested but had decided to turn down that request.

That's what she could have done to change things.

You see, there is no excuse, it was her responsibility and she blew it.

Funny how this I all too well known but left wingers keep ignoring it and defending her.

I guess that makes you complicit in the grand scheme of things and appears to make your thoughts "not too honest".

First off you are wrong, the Request made was to have a security team made up of all locals to earn the trust of the Libyan people. That request was never denied, they were just not able to find the number of qualified locals to create the detail. The search was on going, even when the attack happened.

There is an astronomical difference between something being denied and something not being completed.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:32 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
So is this a sign of guilt showing? Or is she wanting to purge the memory of it and put it behind her because with a 2016 run for the presidency, she can't let this be a central thorn for her campaign. I say the latter.

Hillary Clinton Admits BIGGEST Regret is BENGHAZI Attack - YouTube

Hillary Clinton: "My Biggest Regret Is What Happened In Benghazi" | Video | RealClearPolitics

QUESTION: Any do-overs that you would -- relative to Secretary of State?

HILLARY CLINTON: Oh, sure. I mean, you know, you make these choices based on imperfect information. And you make them to -- as we say, the best of your ability. But that doesn't mean that there's not going to be unforeseen consequences, unpredictable twists and turns.

You know, my biggest, you know, regret is what happened in Benghazi. It was a terrible tragedy, losing four Americans, two diplomats and now it's public, so I can say two CIA operatives, losing an ambassador like Chris Stevens, who was one of our very best and had served in Libya and across the Middle East and spoke Arabic.
The interview persuaded me that Hillary is running full-force in 2016. I didn't think she would for various reasons. She will be almost 70; she said many times that she was tired of the 20 hour days, etc. I figured that she wanted people to think she was running so that she could monetize it--her $400,000 speech to Goldman Sachs, etc.

But she would not do this unless running full-force for 2016. The question now becomes which GOP aspirant is best equipped to defeat her in 2016.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:14 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
It gets taken out of context because she made it glaringly obvious that it's the only part she actually meant.
Wow, you posted that with a straight face! Impressive.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:31 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Guess this is all the more the lefties need in a President................Hillary Clinton Partied While Benghazi Mission Begged for Help | FrontPage Magazine
In contrast, even when members of Mrs. Clinton’s own party describe her achievements, they tend to point to a lot of miles traveled (956,733 to be exact).

On August 30, just 12 days before the U.S. Consulate was overrun in a coordinated terrorist attack and four Americans were murdered, Clinton was in Rarotonga, a South Pacific island between New Zealand and Hawaii, population 13,000. Judging by the festive, tropical welcome party pics, it looks like it was a fun time.

Considering the June attack on the consulate, the August emergency meeting, and over 200 terror-related incidents in Libya since strongman Muammar Qaddafi was ousted, the U.S. embassy in Tripoli repeatedly requested additional security from State Dept. headquarters in Washington.

So what did then-Secretary Hillary Clinton and staff do? While staff turned down multiple media requests, she got out of town. Literally.

She packed her bags and traveled the world, visiting 112 countries, the most ever by any Secretary of State, and according to State Dept. records, logged nearly 1 million miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies