Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 11:38 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Even the UN's IPCC is backing off of their AGW claims.
And now it's global COOLING! Return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 29% in a year

You can fool some of the people some of the time...
That's a tabloid. Why do you consider yourself informed? Did you even bother to see if the people they claim to be quoting agree with your tabloid's article?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Wow. Another AGWer. Are you all allergic to actual scientific evidence, or what?
You quote tabloids. To you, as to all denialists, "science" means believing anything that parrots right-wing lies and automatically declaring anything that contradicts them to be fraud. I can tell by the way you try to pass off tabloid articles as "actual scientific evidence".

Old 01-30-2014, 12:12 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
That's a tabloid.
Sourcing the UN's IPCC.

NatGeo does, as well:
Quote:
Although climate models have been predicting increasing average global temperatures over the next century or so, the past decade has not shown as much warming as most scientists had expected. The year 2012 was no warmer than 2002. The IPCC draft report acknowledges a "global warming hiatus," according to media reports.
Does "Global Warming Pause" Debate Miss Big Picture?

Take your failed 'attack the messenger' buffoonery elsewhere.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Sourcing the UN's IPCC.

Take your failed attack the messenger buffoonery elsewhere.
Why should I take their word for what the IPCC says? They've already shown they're willing to lie about such things when they deliberately misrepresent the Met Office.

I love that "attack the messenger" garbage. Really, it's just "wahhh, you won't pretend the tabloids and blogs I like are just like real science!" Well, suck it up. I've said this several times, but I'm willing to continue to make the point; if it isn't good enough for a doctoral thesis, it isn't good enough for me. I don't care about your low academic standards, and I don't care if you complain about my high ones.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:19 PM

And I'll point out that after you complain about me, your tabloid is still just a tabloid. Complaining about me does not make lies true.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Why should I take their word for what the IPCC says? They've already shown they're willing to lie about such things when they deliberately misrepresent the Met Office.
NatGeo and the BBC misrepresent the Met Office? Are you sure about that?

Old 01-30-2014, 12:31 PM

Your worthless tabloid does. I am sure about that.

This worthless right-wing talking point has been brought up here before. And, as was pointed out before, rebounding from a record minimum is not "recovery", it's regression toward the mean. Sort of like the lie about how temperatures aren't rising because 1998 was really hot, only inverted. Same worthless argument, though. No wonder it was in a tabloid and not in anything worth taking seriously.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Your worthless tabloid does. I am sure about that.
Worthless? It concurs with NatGeo and the BBC. There's been a 10+ year trend of COOLING. Other countries are demanding answers from the IPCC about why their predictive models failed so spectacularly, and fewer people believe the AGW BS than ever.

That's what happens when one tries to pull 'attack the messenger' buffoonery. One makes a colossal fool of oneself.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:41 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times

Old 01-30-2014, 12:46 PM

BBC News - Global warming pause 'central' to IPCC climate report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies