Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 09:27 AM

577 posts, read 435,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm glad you mentioned that or I never would have guessed.
My point was, if they had offered someone formidable that didn't come across as pathetic, I would have been worried. They didn't.. so I"m ont worried...

Hell.. if even ideas were proposed I might have contemplated and thought about them.. stewed on it for abit to see if I can get behind it.. nothing was offered.

I voted Republican once..... I was willing to listen once.. but they lost me with their stupidity ... and last nights rebuttal was a perfect example of how they still continue to loose my ear...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 09:27 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times
Like others, I want to know more details about the mythical Betty in Spokane.

I count at least two things in the reply that ought to infuriate conservatives. Number one, she admitted that we can't go back to the old system. Second, she saved for college. College -- that supposedly liberal indoctrination palace of sin.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:28 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
My point was, if they had offered someone formidable that didn't come across as pathetic, I would have been worried. They didn't.. so I"m ont worried...
The truth is there is no one outside of a Democrat that would have pleased you.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:28 AM

577 posts, read 435,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post

I count at least two things in the reply that ought to infuriate conservatives. Number one, she admitted that we can't go back to the old system. Second, she saved for college. College -- that supposedly liberal indoctrination palace of sin.

I'd like to see proof that her minimum wage McDonalds job helped her pay for that college..

HOwever, we all know min wage is worth 20% less today than it was decades ago.. and that college education also has a significantly higher cost than it did then too..

Old 01-29-2014, 09:30 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The truth is there is no one outside of a Democrat that would have pleased you.
Not true. If someone else promised her free stuff, I'm sure she'd gladly shill and vote for them.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:30 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post

On top of that, sounds to me that someone got some Financial Aid. No way in hell she worked in McDonalds and saved enough for College. A lot of holes in that story somewhere.

Tell you, female version of Chris Christie. Conservatives need to look with one eye open on this one.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:32 AM

26,494 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I thought I was listening to a female version of Chris Christie.
- I was single when I was elected
- I married a Naval Officer
- I have a 6 year old with Down Syndrome
- I have a 2 month old
- I worked in my families Orchard
- I was in 4H
- I saved for college
- worked at McDonalds Drive thru

So, where is the Rebuttal again?
Ummm, isn't that how many of these things go - your personal story to show a point, or is this the first one that you have watched?

At Inoye's funeral, Obama mentioned himself 63 times.

In his first 41 speeches as president, Obama mentioned himself 1,198 times.

At Mandela's funeral, Obama mentioned himself more than he mentioned Mandela - during his tribute to Mandela.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
I'd like to see proof that her minimum wage McDonalds job helped her pay for that college..

HOwever, we all know min wage is worth 20% less today than it was decades ago.. and that college education also has a significantly higher cost than it did then too..

Wasn't that cheap where McDonalds would have paid it all.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Ummm, isn't that how many of these things go - your personal story to show a point, or is this the first one that you have watched?

At Inoye's funeral, Obama mentioned himself 63 times.

In his first 41 speeches as president, Obama mentioned himself 1,198 times.

At Mandela's funeral, Obama mentioned himself more than he mentioned Mandela - during his tribute to Mandela.

Uhmmm was there a rebuttal on policy required in those speeches?

Old 01-29-2014, 09:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
On top of that, sounds to me that someone got some Financial Aid. No way in hell she worked in McDonalds and saved enough for College. A lot of holes in that story somewhere.

Tell you, female version of Chris Christie. Conservatives need to look with one eye open on this one.
I have no clue as to what she did but I was working a minimum wage job when I went to college. I came out with no debt.

Yes, indeed college costs since then have grown far far far faster than inflation or wages but we don't seem to want to have that conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies