Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 02:53 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Wow one of the worst investment choices I have ever seen on CD. Between the penalty and market climb,just how much did you lose.
You think so? I bet they just might get the last laugh. I would never even consider putting any of my money in any investment our government offers us today. They are so corrupt you would have a better chance in Vegas with your money.

If any of you think your 401 K's or any pension is safe from Uncle Sam you are not paying attention. Mark my words, they are eying it right now and I bet they even have a plan in place to BS all the gullible Americans so they can get at your funds. It's happened before and it will happen again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 03:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,208,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
You think so? I bet they just might get the last laugh. I would never even consider putting any of my money in any investment our government offers us today. They are so corrupt you would have a better chance in Vegas with your money.

If any of you think your 401 K's or any pension is safe from Uncle Sam you are not paying attention. Mark my words, they are eying it right now and I bet they even have a plan in place to BS all the gullible Americans so they can get at your funds. It's happened before and it will happen again.
LOL only a fool trusts professional liars with their future. Look at the fools who still trust the proven liar named Obama.... LOL look at the fools who trusted that SS would be enough for their retirements.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:38 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,146,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
One thing I have learned about Thailand is to believe nothing on CNN. Bangkok is not Thailand.
No doubt. Go up north to Mae Hong Song and it's a totally different world.

Encamping....

Mircea

Old 01-30-2014, 03:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,208,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabar View Post
Hmm, perhaps Thailand would be a better business move, mine is very west of Thailand, somewhere in the south china sea and I am a distant local of that place, I'll be honest. Making profit is ok, but the locals are a little deceiving, can't do business like that. It's good you did good with your investment. BTW did your home bring you some revenue with it being somewhere near the natural gas area? Hows the toilet roll industry? you still pissing the office staff off? lol

btw, i agree with your cnn quote, I am a constant visitor in Camp pendleton and guess what channel they always have on? Bush sold the biggest lie in recent history, obama picked up the tab and yes, he is also a liar.
Kabar I know you, but I can't seem to place you.
My home did bring in revenue due to the gas.
The toilet roll industry is doing well. People need to poop and no one wants to use their bare hand for clean up. LOL
I am fortunate in Thailand. My wife is Thai and her family is honest and we have no worries.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:21 PM

18,800 posts, read 8,458,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Yes, govt and bankers are joined at the hip. Govt has learned long ago how to creatively account. It has just gotten exponentially worse the more they abstract and gamble with it.
I can't vouch for actual numbers, but look at these national trends. US GDP almost doubles due to a massive increase in production of real goods and services. Not from accounting shenanigans.

Military production during World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-30-2014, 04:37 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,423,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post

Your words are marked

Three times there have been talks in DC about the government "managing" our retirement accounts for us and giving us an annuity when we're ready to retire.

First time was Guarducci talking to Congress telling Congress Americans wanted this.
Second time was the bankers talking to the DOL (3 day event) telling the DOL that Americans want this.
Third time was that new Consumer Protection Agency saying they were considering something to protect Americans' retirement money.

In all cases the money would get turned into safe Treasuries and you would get annuity like payments.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:28 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,927,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I can't vouch for actual numbers, but look at these national trends. US GDP almost doubles due to a massive increase in production of real goods and services. Not from accounting shenanigans.

Military production during World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's both, actually. No one would say that there is no production in the US. Yes there is real production, but GDP definitions have been "tweaked" and tech is over counted as well.
Worse Than the Great Depression: What the Experts Are Missing ...

Old 01-30-2014, 06:30 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,927,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Your words are marked

Three times there have been talks in DC about the government "managing" our retirement accounts for us and giving us an annuity when we're ready to retire.

First time was Guarducci talking to Congress telling Congress Americans wanted this.
Second time was the bankers talking to the DOL (3 day event) telling the DOL that Americans want this.
Third time was that new Consumer Protection Agency saying they were considering something to protect Americans' retirement money.

In all cases the money would get turned into safe Treasuries and you would get annuity like payments.
Yes, that one was fairly recent iirc.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:24 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,931,169 times
The fleecing of America continues.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,423,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How is the little one? I bet she is a charmer.
LOL I agree with you about the Bounty. It is by design.
How have you been? I went through several cancer repeats since we last talked.
Back on topic.
You like many of us believe in covering your back door and not depending on big bro. I see on the horizon where the fed will try to nationalize all retirements and lump them into 1 big pot. I hope I am wrong but I don't think so.
I also have that same premonition.
The chatter is there and has been since 2009.
$14 trillion is not something they will take their eyes off of.

IMHO I think they will start off making it voluntary and optional.
In all three sessions they've had that has been repeated over and over.
Something along the lines of Obamacare.
They will dangle some type of carrot to get people handing over their money voluntarily.

When that happens is when I cash out.
Who would think that stuffing your money under the mattress might become the best "preservation of capital" strategy for the future ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies