Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 05:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Well, to be fair it was not the company itself...it was a single store whose management (and employees) decided to do so. They should be commended for their actions.

The people who gave the money to those who wish to limit the civil rights of homosexuals were corporate management. If the store management agrees or not is not stated, nor should it impact the expression of how people feel about what the corporate office has done. They have the free speech and choice to say and do what they please, as well as other people have that protected as well.
d
of course it wasn't orders from the top, but still, the franchise owner had his/her heart in the right place and she represents to company. Wouldn't it be nice just to accept the gesture and not try to pick the company apart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 07:58 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I love Chick Filet. The service is outstanding. They bring your food to the table. The restaurants I've been to are very clean. Their food is healthy and delicious. They are community minded. They are closed on Sunday to honor God. Now this act of humanity.
And I love when served they say," MY pleasure" instead of the phrase I really can't stand, "No problem".

When I ask for something and thetsay, "No problem", I don't care if it is a problem or not. I AM the customer and they should be there to please the customer.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:40 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,669,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And I love when served they say," MY pleasure" instead of the phrase I really can't stand, "No problem".

When I ask for something and thetsay, "No problem", I don't care if it is a problem or not. I AM the customer and they should be there to please the customer.
And Chick-Fil-A employees are there to please the customer.!!!

I experience that quality every time I visit Chick-Fil-A.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:51 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Good thing the snow/ice storm didn't happen on a Sunday...
If it had happened on a Sunday, everyone would have been safe and sound at home and not stranded on the roads.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:54 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:

I don't have a problem with "no problem." I do prefer "you're welcome" or "my pleasure," but nothing wrong with "no problem" in my opinion. It's better than no response at all. It's not a whole lot different than the typical response to "gracias" being "de nada" (it was nothing).

Old 02-01-2014, 07:43 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,745,177 times
I want to know who gave the stranded drivers toilet paper and access to their bathrooms?

After all, 12 hours parked on the ice freeway, the stranded had no restrooms, except the frozen bushes...

Old 02-02-2014, 07:05 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:

When an employee is instructed/forced to say any phrase, that is job not his sentiment.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:17 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,232,788 times
Atlanta drivers are *******.
No offense.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:31 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,669,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
When an employee is instructed/forced to say any phrase, that is job not his sentiment.

Whose job is it to 'nit-pick' and constantly find fault with the kind quality of Chick-Fil-A and their exceptional employees, who bring warmth and friendliness
to their delighted customers?!!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies