Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 11:42 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
All you have to do is wear a mini skirt, lose, wave the flag, join the tea party, and stay noisy.
he seems to be batting 4 out of 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 11:45 AM

878 posts, read 737,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Trying to rehabilitate the image of Sarah Palin is a lost cause. Trying to resurrect her career in national politics is a lost cause.
That will change during the mid-term campaigns coming up. I guess you forget how successful she was in the 2012 mid-terms with her endorsements.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:57 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Look Britt....it's glaringly apparent that the Rapture-ready Bible Spice grifter is giving you nocturnal emissions, but I personally would LOVE for her to run.
When she was running for VP, the folks up here were turning to each other with "WTF??" and then bursting into peals of laughter.
Good times, you betcha!

Old 01-30-2014, 11:57 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
That will change during the mid-term campaigns coming up. I guess you forget how successful she was in the 2012 mid-terms with her endorsements.
I don't care how successful she was with her endorsements (by the way, that doesn't prove that she's good as much as it proves she's lucky). She will not be President, she will not be Vice President. She will not run the GOP or play king-maker in the next GOP nomination process. She's just an idiot that Democrats love the opportunity to tee-off about whenever she opens her mouth and sounds like a mean girl from junior high (did she actually use the word 'sheeple?' are you kidding me?) and that some Republicans feel the compulsive need to defend even though most in the GOP don't want to see her on a national ticket again.

And I don't care what you think about her intelligence, or what hilarious links you got. I've seen her speak. She's a moron. Americans have made up their minds about her, and most of us agree, we don't want that imbecile in a position to use more than 6,000 nuclear weapons. You are wasting your time.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:01 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Why do you slam Alaska as a hick state? Does it offend you? You do know Alaska is one of the most vital states that pertains to American's national interests and national security. And what is wrong with Alaskans having oil money?
just ignore and don't take it personal, obviously the poster doesn't know what he/she is talking about

Old 01-30-2014, 12:02 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by votre_chef View Post
i don't care how successful she was with her endorsements (by the way, that doesn't prove that she's good as much as it proves she's lucky). She will not be president, she will not be vice president. She will not run the gop or play king-maker in the next gop nomination process. She's just an idiot that democrats love the opportunity to tee-off about whenever she opens her mouth and sounds like a mean girl from junior high (did she actually use the word 'sheeple?' are you kidding me?) and that some republicans feel the compulsive need to defend even though most in the gop don't want to see her on a national ticket again.

And i don't care what you think about her intelligence, or what hilarious links you got. I've seen her speak. She's a moron. Americans have made up their minds about her, and most of us agree, we don't want that imbecile in a position to use more than 6,000 nuclear weapons. You are wasting your time.

^^this, in a well said nutshell^^

Old 01-30-2014, 12:05 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I don't care how successful she was with her endorsements (by the way, that doesn't prove that she's good as much as it proves she's lucky). She will not be President, she will not be Vice President. She will not run the GOP or play king-maker in the next GOP nomination process. She's just an idiot that Democrats love the opportunity to tee-off about whenever she opens her mouth and sounds like a mean girl from junior high (did she actually use the word 'sheeple?' are you kidding me?) and that some Republicans feel the compulsive need to defend even though most in the GOP don't want to see her on a national ticket again.

And I don't care what you think about her intelligence, or what hilarious links you got. I've seen her speak. She's a moron. Americans have made up their minds about her, and most of us agree, we don't want that imbecile in a position to use more than 6,000 nuclear weapons. You are wasting your time.
Thank you.

Succinct.

The reason I have remained a Republican through all the craziness with the ultra right wingers is that I want my vote to count in primary elections so I can help weed out the nutball, one-issue candidates, in hopes we can actually put up a slate of decent candidates next go round.

If I keep having to deal with Sarah Palin and her followers, I will just give up and switch my affiliation to Libertarian and be done with it.

And I am not the only person who feels that way. Palin LOST US THE ELECTION IN 2008. I wasn't enthusiastic about McCain but I sure as hell preferred him to Obama. And now we are stuck with another 3 years from Obama and his ilk (thinking about Eric Holder, in particular).

I have already made up my mind that I will actively campaign for Hillary if the GOP can't come up with someone with national appeal . . . and Sarah Palin sure as hell ain't that.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:07 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Governor Palin was nevertheless following the express advice of one of her attorney Tom Van Flein who told her the Trust complied with all laws and was indeed unassailable. It wasn't her fault
And then the Alaska Personnel Board dismissed it
That is never an excuse on an ethics violations which she was convicted of. Why do you try so hard to defend someone who is clearly a dirty politician?

Old 01-30-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
anifani

In both cases, folks were dazzled by personal charisma rather than substance.

your right and I was starved for change, McCain/Paulin were not idea for me, so I voted for Obama..

I also believed him.... you should never believe any politician...lol

Old 01-30-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is never an excuse on an ethics violations which she was convicted of. Why do you try so hard to defend someone who is clearly a dirty politician?
Hun they are all dirty, believe me, most people b/c they are young voters, have no idea what Hillary and her husband did....

You've got to be a dirty politician to run, if your a good guy, you won't get anywhere, they will sabatoge you, unless you play the game, and I'm sorry to say, most Americans refuse to believe that and continue to back corrupt politicians b/c they honestly do not know any better or are afraid to face reality, admitting to something like this would be stating that they are wrong and most people cannot accept or admit they have been wrong and brain washed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies