Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 10:33 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times

Advertisements

I have to laugh at Ivorytickler's promoting only taking drugs that have passed tests and have FDA approval.
I wonder if she's ever heard of
Actos
Benicar
Byetta
Crestor
Depakote
Effexor
Gardasil
Zoloft
Pradaxa
Topamax

Old 02-01-2014, 10:34 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, they moved in for pot. They took over production, and smuggling to supply the coffeshops. They change in pot laws offered them a suitable environment to run their business, and they brought other crimes with them.

'Other crimes'?

If growing/selling marijuana is criminal the problem is with the law, not the substance, no different than the 'other crimes' bootleggers brought with them during prohibition.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:36 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,722,203 times
Quote:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Insure domestic tranquility!!!! Lets not create laws which will do the exact opposite.
ENSURE domestic tranquility......leave the cannabis users alone!

Old 02-01-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
'Other crimes'?

If growing/selling marijuana is criminal the problem is with the law, not the substance, no different than the 'other crimes' bootleggers brought with them during prohibition.
I dunno....maybe that's just too complex for some people to understand.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:39 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
'Other crimes'?

I believe Finn is miss informed.

Holland imports most of its marijuana, it isn't grown or exported.

Tennessee is the biggest pot producing state in our union.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I have to laugh at Ivorytickler's promoting only taking drugs that have passed tests and have FDA approval.
I wonder if she's ever heard of
Actos
Benicar
Byetta
Crestor
Depakote
Effexor
Gardasil
Zoloft
Pradaxa
Topamax
How about Fentanyl? I mean....FDA and "the medical profession" said that it was perfectly safe (if used as directed). They lied. They LIE.

.....and Ambien? Ambien? LOL Anyone who would advocate a horrible drug, with such potentially deadly side effects, over cannabis for sleep issues? If I cared ANYthing for one of my loved ones, who were suffering from sleep issues, you can bet I'd be recommending cannabis over ANY of those "sleep aids".

Obviously, warm bath, cammomile tea, lavendar essential oils, warm milk, would all be first choice, but AMBIEN! (Zolpidem).....holy crap!

Old 02-01-2014, 10:44 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
'Other crimes'?

Yes, crime families brought in smuggling and distribution of all drugs, human trafficking, pimping, theft, distribution of stolen goods, robberies, murder, fraud, etc, etc They flooded the streets with all drugs and the use of drugs skyrocketed, and it resulted in more theft, robberies and burglaries committed by the addicts. That in turn resulted in creation of new laws to restrict freedoms of ALL citizens. For example in Amsterdam it is against to law to leave goods visible in parked cars because it creates temptation for drug addicts. Al this happened simply because they changed the cannabis laws. Ironically the thinking was that it would reduce crime.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:50 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,024 times
Prohibition itself causes the crime rate to rise since it turns people whose only offense is possession of a plant into criminals.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Yes, crime families brought in smuggling and distribution of all drugs, human trafficking, pimping, theft, distribution of stolen goods, robberies, murder, fraud, etc, etc They flooded the streets with all drugs and the use of drugs skyrocketed, and it resulted in more theft, robberies and burglaries committed by the addicts. That in turn resulted in creation of new laws to restrict freedoms of ALL citizens. For example in Amsterdam it is against to law to leave goods visible in parked cars because it creates temptation for drug addicts. Al this happened simply because they changed the cannabis laws. Ironically the thinking was that it would reduce crime.
As I've said, it was the law(s), NOT the substance.

The type of crime families you mention did much the same during prohibition, that worked well, eh?

Old 02-01-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
There seems to be a problem with understanding the English language, probably by dope addled minds. A substance not meant for human consumption is an artificial substance.

Did that sink in? Take some time to think about it, it will eventually work through that dope haze.

Did I miss a bulletin? Just when were YOU appointed arbiter of just what naturally occurring substances are/are not meant for human consumption?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies