Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 06:43 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, apparently not, but they did find marijuana in his system.
Lol. A drunk guy kills his whole family and you would blame the beer. Active thc and metabolites are NOT the same thing.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:44 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,971 times
Quote:
It is illegal, so it is obviously wrong. Habitual users have no respect for the law. Yes, the best way to stick it to the cartels is to reduce consumption, but the legalization would the exact opposite. It would increase consumption, and put the cartels on steroids like it did in Holland. Increased presence of cartels brings other crimes like human trafficking, hard drugs, fraud, violence, property crime etc.... The government has a constitutional mandate to prevent that from happening.
: smack:

Just like the re legalization of alcohol made the gangsters stronger.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:16 AM

724 posts, read 593,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Current active peace officer here.

If anyone who uses marijuana is a "druggie" then anyone who uses alcohol is an alcoholic. No one is advocating driving while high, so stop bringing it up.

If someone smokes in their own home by themselves, or uses a vaporizer, or they eat edibles...how are they affecting anyone else? Please explain.

There are field sobriety tests for drugs, so stop talking about something you know nothing about. A police officer who is a DRE (drug recognition expert) can determine if someone's driving is impaired by drugs.

And there are blood limits for active thc. 5 nanograms of ACTIVE THC per milliter of whole blood has been set in certain states and it is supposed to be the equivalent of .08 BAC.

What else ya got?
Thanks officer.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:20 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,722,203 times
Can I just state, for the record, that I am exceedingly grateful that the anti-weed weed crowd, does NOT smoke weed? The paranoid, obsessive behavior, exhibited by many of these individuals, indicates that use of cannabis MAY have extremely negative side effects for those people.

I'm glad that one of the posters brought up her family's predisposition to schizophrenia, it explains the paranoid delusion concerning "contact highs". I do NOT mean that in a negative way. We're talking instinctual sh*t here!

In another post, I said that we do not NEED a doctor to tell us what we're feeling, or HOW we're feeling, or even what we need to do for ourselves, in order to feel right/better. What we DO need to do, is educate ourselves on how to fix what's not working right and prevent negative health issues, through proper diet and exercise.

As I've already stated, many of the anti weed crowd, seem to have concrete thinking, irrational, paranoid fears, which seeks information in areas which are completely biased...due to their financial supporters. That is a huge red flag! Written on that flag, you'll see the words, "This person is HIGHLY likely to suffer "adverse side effects", should they choose to use cannabis".

Some people are "allergic" to medications. Some folks' bodies are unable to metabolize certain substances. Some people contain defective mutated genes, which may or may not cause a noticable "defect", in current and future generations.

The whole thing in a nutshell is this.... Those who should not smoke weed, should NOT smoke weed. Those who should NOT drink alcohol, should not drink alcohol.

There isn't a weed smoker out there who doesn't have the same choice to make, as the person who's having a drink after work. If 2-3 tokes does the trick...do you take 6-8? If you just plan on having one beer...do you have 3,4,6,12? Do you stop at 6 oz of wine?.....or drink the whole bottle?....or two? Do you do this FREQUENTLY?

Don't get me wrong. There are people who become addicted to a whole lot of things. Drugs and alcohol are only a couple of them. Jeez, I know people who are addicted to bi*ching and feeling sorry for themselves? Should we illegalize that? It's harmful to your health and irritates the sh*t out of everyone who has to be near them! LOL

I'm addicted to coffee! It has adverse side effects for me. If I drink too much, I get the shakes, heart palpitations, can't sleep at night if I drink it after noon. (Cure? limit intake, don't take after noon). If I don't get my coffee? Get the f*ck out of my WAY!!!!!!! (Cure? Drink some coffee)...and I'm the nicest person ever!

To the poster, worried about 2nd hand pot smoke, should their neighbor toke on the back porch? That isn't going to change your "mental processes" one little bit...at least not permanently. You will likely suffer a slight panic attack, overthink the hell out of it, get paranoid when you hear someone talking outside, just knowing that it's voices in your head...because your neighbor's 2nd hand weed smoke triggered a psychotic episode.

Relax.....take a Xanax....your neighbor's pot smoke had nothing to do with it.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:16 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Even if 400 million people use it, it still doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. (My parents taught me right from wrong a long time ago. And marijuana was in the "wrong" category.)

The best way to kill the cartels? Don't use/buy it in the first place.

only if everybody would quit drinking alcohol, gambling, taking opiate pain killers, cocaine, heroin, meth crack and eating fatty foods, only in a perfect fleet utopia..

Old 02-02-2014, 09:16 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,458,627 times
Thinking about the consequences and the dangers attributed to Marijuana use, the OP first concern is how employers may be affected. An average person may first consider health related issues, the moral use of drugs, the effect on close family and friends. Perhaps the potential danger a stoned driver may bring to others.
But not here. In America we consider first what impact Marijuana may have on employers! Isn't it weird?

Old 02-02-2014, 09:32 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
It is illegal, so it is obviously wrong. Habitual users have no respect for the law. Yes, the best way to stick it to the cartels is to reduce consumption, but the legalization would the exact opposite. It would increase consumption, and put the cartels on steroids like it did in Holland. Increased presence of cartels brings other crimes like human trafficking, hard drugs, fraud, violence, property crime etc.... The government has a constitutional mandate to prevent that from happening.

your needle is stuck in the groove again.. cherry pickin again:sm ack:

its not even close to being legal in Holland !!! how many times do people have to drill that into your skull..

the max amount of pot a coffee shop can sell is 5 grams, and the coffee shops have to buy their cannabis from illegal suppliers..

if pot was fully legalized in the us and sold for a reasonable price the organized crime will vanish just like it did with alcohol...

New Harvard Study: Marijuana Does Not Cause Schizophrenia | The Weed Blog
good link for ya!!! I know you are big on schizophrenia..

I'm going to play the broken record back at you..

Old 02-02-2014, 09:36 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,626,192 times
Are gateway drugs any substance that someone tried before moving on to a harsher drug or are gateway drugs substances that cause you to move to a harsher drug to continue the high?

Old 02-02-2014, 09:47 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
Are gateway drugs any substance that someone tried before moving on to a harsher drug or are gateway drugs substances that cause you to move to a harsher drug to continue the high?
I agree with your post, but you got to understand that the Pro Pot Crowd will say any thing just because they have a addition problem on some level and tired of the real threat of being prosecuted by law enforcement.

Most working adults with real jobs do not partake Pot or never mind feel the need for a Crown and Coke on a daily basis. There is enough problems and we do need the long term issues of pot.

A dumb down uncaring America, I do think so!

Old 02-02-2014, 10:07 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,694 times
I say we decriminalize all drugs, but legalize none of them. Let's face it, if weed was sold at convenient stores, the number of stoners in this country would literally double because people that wouldn't normally try it, would try it. The problem with weed is that unlike booze one can smoke it all day long and still hold a job. I used to smoke for years, and I can't think of more than a few fellow smokers including myself that didn't regularly blaze at work, while driving, or any other time that one should not be impaired. They say that weed isn't as addictive as alcohol, but I don't see it. Most people I know that still smoke weed are people that habitually smoke it; whereas, most people I know that drink are social to moderate drinkers. I do know quite a few people with drinking problems, but it's not the norm, like it is with the people I know that still smoke.

Just my 2 cents. I'm sure I'll get blasted by some potheads for calling it like it is, but it's human nature to defend our actions. It's no different than people claiming that their speeding doesn't cause accidents or that their pit bulls are't any more dangerous than other dog breeds.

Denial, it's not just a river in Egypt kids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies