Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2014, 09:40 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Might want to rethink that propaganda.

Long-term effects

Main articles: Long-term effects of cannabis and Cannabis dependence
Exposure to marijuana has biologically-based physical, mental, behavioral and social health consequences and is "associated with diseases of the liver (particularly with co-existing hepatitis C), lungs, heart, and vasculature" according to a 2013 literature review by Gordon and colleagues.[SIZE=2][1][/SIZE]
Cannabis use disorder is defined in the fifth revision of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) as a condition requiring treatment.[SIZE=2][1][/SIZE] Several drugs have been investigated in an attempt to ameliorate the symptoms of cannabis withdrawal. Such drugs include bupropion, divalproex, nefazodone, lofexidine, and dronabinol. Of these, dronabinol has proven the most effective.

Effects of cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MARIJUANA: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD

What I find amusing is when you crack on people for using You Tube, and yet you're using Wikipedia LOL! Secondly....oh goody let's pump someone full of toxic crap for so-called cannabis withdrawl! No thanks! If I really wanted to take pills, I'd get jacked up on Xanax, or some crappy opiate!

Old 02-04-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
The indoctrinated Anti-Hemp people are lucky they were born during the astronomically small time frame that marijuana has been illegal.

But even luckier for us, they will still be around when it is completely legalized again. What will they do then?

I guess they will have to find a new hobby. Personally, I really don't care. So long as they leave me the hell alone!

Old 02-04-2014, 09:52 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
It's laughable that you consider "domestic tranquility" to be threatened by marijuana...Do you not understand?...Do you fail to listen?..
Do you really think that prescription drugs and alcohol aren't to blame for domestic violence?
The only thing accomplished by jailing a working man/woman who smokes a little pot occasionally to relax after work, is that the breadwinner in the family can no longer provide, so the govt needs to.
Ask any cop who he feels most threatened by...a gentle, relaxed, happy pot smoker, or an insolent, violent, unpredictable drunk.
Holland went from tranquil to a crime ridden nation in a very short period of time after they went soft on drug crime. I do not want that to happen in US. The change in laws in Holland atteacted dozens of crime families in to the nation, and all crime skyrocketed (robberies, theft, murder etc). So, it is not about you relaxing on your couch, it is about everything else that comes with it.

Ironically the pro-pot argument in the 1970s Holland was the exact same as in 2014 US. The Dutch thought it would reduce crime, but the exact opposite happened.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-04-2014 at 10:06 AM..

Old 02-04-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Holland went from tranquil to a crime ridden nation in a very short period of time after they went soft on drug crime. I do not want that to happen in US. The change in laws in Holland atteacted dozens of crime families in to the nation, and all crime skyrocketed (robberies, theft, murder etc). So, it is not about you relaxing on your couch, it is about everything else that comes with it.

For the last time, that is because it is D-E-C-R-I-M-I-N-A-L-I-Z-E-D and NOT L-E-G-A-L-I-Z-E-D!!! Decriminalization is half a**ing it, and still keeping the black market in play. When prohibition of alcohol went away, so did all of the bootleggers, and speakeasys!

Old 02-04-2014, 10:39 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Hey! To all the "highly intelligent" folks, who've been participating in this thread? .....I SALUTE you! It's so good to know you all!
I salute you too! That was one hell of a post. Couldn't rep you again.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:

Ironically the pro-pot argument in the 1970s Holland was the exact same as in 2014 US. The Dutch thought it would reduce crime, but the exact opposite happened.

Well were the hell are the people supposed to get their weed from if they can't go to the store and buy it?

They get it from criminals.

Yes, our Prohibition of all aspects of the plant, and Holland's Prohibition of distribution has caused increases in crime.

What's new??

How about you use an example from a country that actually legalized the plant. Say Uruagay.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:45 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
When I said two wrongs don't make a right, I meant (as I'm sure you already know) that since there is already a problem with alcoholics and drunk drivers in society, why add yet another problem (making a mind-altering drug legal)?
Why do you want to punish users of only certain 'mind-altering' drugs?

Own a lot of liquor stocks do ya?

Own a lot of BigPharma stocks do ya?

Old 02-04-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Well were the hell are the people supposed to get their weed from if they can't go to the store and buy it?

They get it from criminals.

Yes, our Prohibition of all aspects of the plant, and Holland's Prohibition of distribution has caused increases in crime.

What's new??

How about you use an example from a country that actually legalized the plant. Say Uruagay.

Better yet. Let's see how it plays out in our own country in say places like Colorado and Washington. I'm betting the sky won't fall, and 'Murica will be just fine. Anywho....those who fear legalization I suspect are afraid that it is going to hurt their bottom line. Remember, in the case of the PIC... gotta keep them prisons full, and with Big Pharma, gotta keep people buying their crap!

Old 02-04-2014, 10:51 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
It is illegal, so it is obviously wrong. Habitual users have no respect for the law. Yes, the best way to stick it to the cartels is to reduce consumption, but the legalization would the exact opposite. It would increase consumption, and put the cartels on steroids like it did in Holland. Increased presence of cartels brings other crimes like human trafficking, hard drugs, fraud, violence, property crime etc.... The government has a constitutional mandate to prevent that from happening.
And WHEN it's made legal it'll be obviously right, eh?

Or are you just terrified of change?

Old 02-04-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Better yet. Let's see how it plays out in our own country in say places like Colorado and Washington. I'm betting the sky won't fall, and 'Murica will be just fine. Anywho....those who fear legalization I suspect are afraid that it is going to hurt their bottom line. Remember, in the case of the PIC... gotta keep them prisons full, and with Big Pharma, gotta keep people buying their crap!
I have a guy I work with who's out in Colorado and was there for legalization. He'd never tried marijuana before but wanted to visit the dispenceries. He said some of them had customers take a number and come back because the lines were so long.

Once Colorado starts reaping in all the benefits some of the other states will follow suit. You know government and the corrupt can't resist their money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies