Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 06:30 PM

86 posts, read 147,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Interesting approach you have - you're judging what I pass to my children as "misinformation" yet don't consider that your ideals may be in error. You should decide what is best for my child?
In your case, yes.

Quote:
What did you learn from your parents? Might *it* be the "misinformation" that should not be passed to future generations?
In your warped view of reality I suppose treating people equally, accepting people for who they are and not suppressing minorities is misinformation... Remember I had good parents unlike your children who are stuck with a bigot for a 'parent'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Your opinion, and you know what they say. What civil rights have I sought to keep from anyone? Marriage is not a civil right, it is a male-female partnership which as the root of a family has formed the basic building block of every society since we emerged from the caves. Your concept of same-sex partnerships being on an equal footing with real marriages as considered by all societies is laughable. Any success in pushing the homosexual agenda in normalizing such pairings is only a result of pandering by liberal politicians looking for a vote. It degrades real marriages by bastardizing the definition of what a marriage is.
Um, the right to be treated equal under the law? That's a pretty big civil right...

Straight folk have already made a mockery of marriage as it, you only have to look at the likes of Kim Kardashian. I've been with my husband (yes I am legally married) for 15 years, most straight marriages don't last a quarter of that time. We are like any other couple, we own a house, cars, a boat, we both have great jobs. We contribute to our community. It's people like you, who are stuck in the past and who cannot see past their own bigotry who have a hard time seeing there is no difference between our marriage and yours.

Quote:
Who gave homosexuals the right to redefine what a marriage is? Why not include horses, cars, and a copy of Windows as long as redefinition is taking place? None of this is any more silly than the idea of two men or two women marrying, let alone a "family" centered around such a pathetic freak show.
Since horses, cars and copies of Windows cannot sign a marriage license your comment is ridiculous.

Quote:
I do teach my child inclusion. Just not of you. And she's the kindest soul I've ever encountered, but has learned to distinguish right from wrong, and not to suffer fools lightly, even at her young age. Empathy? For bizarre behavior? And she understands what's normal and what is not. She supports equality, as do I, but not blindly for any damn fool with a crazy notion of what the new "normal" should entail, particularly when it runs counter to a just and moral society.
You teach selective inclusion, people are ok so long as x, y, z. That's not inclusion. It's amazing that she's managed to preserve her kindness with people like you raising her. As others have mentioned when she goes to college and experiences the real world, outside of your bigoted bubble she'll learn about the real world. Perhaps she'll even experiment a little.

Exactly what type of 'equality' do you support?

Old 02-10-2014, 07:11 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Again, who gave homosexuals the right to redefine what a marriage is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by photofox View Post
Straight folk have already made a mockery of marriage as it, you only have to look at the likes of Kim Kardashian.
I agree. Most of the libs and train wrecks in Hollywood make a mockery not only of marriage, but of life itself.

Quote:
I've been with my husband (yes I am legally married) for 15 years, most straight marriages don't last a quarter of that time.
Males cannot have husbands. Your "buddy"?

Quote:
We are like any other couple, ...
Couple of what?

Quote:
...there is no difference between our marriage and yours.
Mine's legitimate. Yours is a mockery.

Quote:
You teach selective inclusion, people are ok so long as x, y, z. That's not inclusion.
Including those who are deserving of being included. Would you feel so inclusive and Kumbaya sitting next to Hitler who killed gays wholesale? Next to an Iranian mullah who tumbles stone walls onto your kind? Next to Fred Phelps? What about if any of these were waiting an opportunity to eliminate you next? How's that inclusion feeling now?

Quote:
Perhaps she'll even experiment a little.
Trying to get under my skin planting that thought? You missed. But, to address your comment, I'll just say again that actions have consequences.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:31 PM

You forgot to respond to
Quote:
Exactly what type of 'equality' do you support?
Quote:
Again, who gave homosexuals the right to redefine what a marriage is?
Who gave heterosexuals the right to define it? Government decides who can and cannot get married and in my state (NY) that includes both straight and gay couples.

Quote:
I agree. Most of the libs and train wrecks in Hollywood make a mockery not only of marriage, but of life itself.
Politics aside it's still heterosexuals who've made a mockery of marriage and well before gay couples could marry anywhere in the world. Don't try and spin it to the liberals either, plenty of conservative bible thumpers are just as responsible.

Quote:
Males cannot have husbands. Your "buddy"?
My NY State marriage certificate would disagree. It has more authority in this matter than you.

Quote:
Including those who are deserving of being included. Would you feel so inclusive and Kumbaya sitting next to Hitler who killed gays wholesale? Next to an Iranian mullah who tumbles stone walls onto your kind? Next to Fred Phelps? What about if any of these were waiting an opportunity to eliminate you next? How's that inclusion feeling now?
This comment is almost as ridiculous as your comment about horses and cars.

Quote:
Trying to get under my skin planting that thought? You missed. But, to address your comment, I'll just say again that actions have consequences.
Not at all, just telling you how it is. You oppress your daughters ability to experience the real world, it's only natural that she'll rebel and experiment a little in college. She'll have a great time when she is finally away from your hatred and bigotry.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:32 PM

493 posts, read 782,871 times
a call to my conservative/family oriented brethren. its time to take responsibility

cable networks make their money from subscribers fees paid to them by television providers like cable and satellite companies. those companies in turn charge the consumer for access the cable networks.

For the Love of God, and all that is Good, please if you have a cable or satellite service please cancel it. NOW. your monthly bills are fueling the perverse agenda and the war on the American Family

Old 02-10-2014, 08:50 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
She'll have a great time when she is finally away from your hatred and bigotry.
Yeah, she tells me that all the time. She just phrases it as "You're the best daddy in the world!"

Old 02-10-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Yeah, she tells me that all the time. She just phrases it as "You're the best daddy in the world!"
Of course because you've brainwashed her. We already went over that...

Old 02-10-2014, 09:37 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,842,313 times
Kids called each other *** in school all the time, but I had no idea what homosexuality really is until I was in high school. Part of the innocence of childhood is not knowing about sexual perversions. Exposing them to it early isn't sane or healthy. Junior might decide to imitate what he sees on Disney and decide that he or she is in fact gay. It just isn't right.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:13 PM

544 posts, read 610,149 times
Just like TV shows have been brainwashing people into the lie that 10% or more or people are homosexuals, by always having a gay character or two or five..

we will very soon see the TV shows, always showing at least 1 gay couple/married.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:57 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
People who should not be near children are pedophiles/sexual offenders.
Actually, the spectrum of people who should not be near children is much wider and includes homosexuals.

Russia has got the right idea - they welcomed gays to Sochi/Adler and rightfully requested that those people stay away from their children.

Russians value children and tend to look out for their welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies