Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 01:35 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Foolish, you are doing the same. How does allowing gays marriage affect straight marriage or children?
Homosexuals who either shamefully adopt children or willfully bring them into the world through IVF, are purposely denying children a normal family structure and placing them in a sub-optimal development environment.

Marriage is defined as the union between a man and a woman and the ideal arrangement for a child to develop is in a household where a mother and father figure are both present - and that is the definition of a family.

Why do you so desperately want to destroy the fundamental building block of our society- the family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 01:49 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
My tween girls love that show. I don't follow it and didn't realize it had such a couple, but that's ok by me.

They know about gay marriage already because we discuss the news. I typically have news on in the car and I don't change the station as soon as I hear the word "gay" or "same sex". The older one has read a teen-level book that featured a teen lesbian character. Even if it weren't on the news, they'd know. I told them about homosexuality several years ago because so many kids at school were using the phrase "that's so gay" both to describe things and other students' behaviors.

The reality is that there are gay people among us. Our neighbors, our teachers, our doctors, maybe our family members. My kids know that we shouldn't treat people unkindly because of differences.

I'm so glad they aren't growing up to be like many of the P&OC commenters here.
What a good mother you are!! My 10 year old nephew watches all of the Disney shows. In fact, I've watched so many with him that I see many repeats of the same show I'm not "out" to them, but I'm sure that their Mom (my sis) must have said something. Their family knows other gay people socially. My 14 year old niece's volleyball coach is a gay man and the girls on the team or their parents thought nothing of it when he brought his boyfriend to one of their tournaments. Many people in the real world are not as uptight as the C-D forum types, or maybe I'm just lucky? It's wonderful that Disney is helping with this. The truth is that many of these kids are thoughtful and bright. Many of them will come across some people that are different than themselves and it's a good idea that they grow with good social educations. btw, I think that the butler on the show "Jessie" should just come out of the closet already too.

Last edited by wehotex; 02-11-2014 at 01:57 AM..

Old 02-11-2014, 02:01 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why are you mentioning Christianity, in response to a post that Harrier made, and not talking about Jews or Muslims?

Harrier's opposition to homosexuality has nothing to do with religion - it has to do with fundamental human morality, an understanding of which you appear to be lacking, given the first sentence of your post.
Really, I am immoral because I am gay. That is so stupid and yes, Christian. What morals are you using to judge gays with anyway? I do not hear Muslims and Jews proselytizing like I do christians all the time.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:05 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Homosexuals who either shamefully adopt children or willfully bring them into the world through IVF, are purposely denying children a normal family structure and placing them in a sub-optimal development environment.

Marriage is defined as the union between a man and a woman and the ideal arrangement for a child to develop is in a household where a mother and father figure are both present - and that is the definition of a family.

Why do you so desperately want to destroy the fundamental building block of our society- the family?
BALONEY, you are parroting the mormon church is all. Why don't you work on banning divorce or ban parents the right to give their child up for adoption. It is not sub optimal for a child to be raised in a loving home regardless of the sexual orientation of the parents. Who defines that marriage is only between a man and a woman, certainly not the federal government and they are the ones that back the 1049 federal marriage rights, not some friggin church. I call your bluff on this one, name one solid reason to deny same sex couples marriage that does not eventually contain something from a bible.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:02 AM

Quote:
What morals are you using to judge gays with anyway?
Human morals.

Harrier is not judging you or anyone, he is making basic discernments of fact.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:05 AM

Quote:
I call your bluff on this one, name one solid reason to deny same sex couples marriage that does not eventually contain something from a bible.
Willfully denying a child a normal family structure in order to further the selfish wishes of the gay army agenda is the equivalent of child abuse.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:09 AM

608 posts, read 482,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Homosexuals are humans. Treating them any less than (which includes legislation that negatively impacts their family) is, in fact, bigoted.
I am not treating them less than anyone else. I simply don't like their lifestyle or want them around me or my family. Same goes for drug users,thieves,liars,thugs,white trash etc etc....In fact I knew a woman that was supposedly homosexual who had 2 sons...she was in a relationship with a girl for a while but is now with a guy...we are still friends...she wasn't the in your face flaunt it kind of person...
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
No, you're not a bigot if you're anti-abortion or pro-gun. But yes, you're a bigot & a homophobe if you are indeed homophobic. Basically, that's the definition of the word. Understand?
Phobe means someone is scared of something...no reason to be scared of homosexuals. I simply don't like them. I am not a white trashaphobe or a druguseraphobe I simply do not like them nor want them around my family.
Quote:
Very well said.

It is amazing how hypocritical the left is with their hatred of basic human morality.
Thank You.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:18 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,028 times
Quote:
Willfully denying a child a normal family structure in order to further the selfish wishes of the gay army agenda is the equivalent of child abuse.
So its no longer just an agenda, its an ARMY with an agenda?

You sir are fearing a menace that simply does not exist.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:38 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Actually I have a wonderful marriage, thank you for asking. She's an amazing woman and my best friend in the world.

She'll go to college well-prepared for what she may encounter, and not be taken in easily. It's you who lack the concept of what the real world is, and it's not anything like your glitter and unicorn visions.
According to you, gay marriage degrades marriage. Your marriage must be a crap marriage now then. Unless what you said is.....a paranoid bigoted lie? Could it be that gay marriage has.....no effect on your marriage? Holy crap!!!!

I went to college, I work, I live in the real world. I don't have bigoted parents. It's all good. Must suck to be you though!

Last edited by northnut; 02-11-2014 at 08:57 AM..

Old 02-11-2014, 08:39 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Actually, the spectrum of people who should not be near children is much wider and includes homosexuals.

Russia has got the right idea - they welcomed gays to Sochi/Adler and rightfully requested that those people stay away from their children.

Russians value children and tend to look out for their welfare.
Wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies