Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 05:43 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
"There's nothing affordable about it"; local news in PA films employees learning about

No sympathy from me. PA voted blue. Boo hoo!
I thought PA would go red like they did before. Talking to people there they don't like Obama. There were anti Obama signs everywhere in western and central PA except of course the cities Pittsburgh and Philidelphia and those people thought it was too hard to present a voter ID when voting. In Philadelphia, 59 voting divisions in the city, Mitt Romney received not one vote. Zero. Zilch. Very suspicious if you ask me.

Last edited by petch751; 01-30-2014 at 05:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 05:44 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Shrug, look, theres a ton of poorly informed opinions here, it gets old. You want to debate SPECIFICS then hey-thats actually fun. Lets do it.

But very few here on the right want to talk specifics. Sometimes I do, other times I get tired of just how stupid some people can be and treat them to a little of their derp.

The bottom line is-this program has provided insurance for MILLIONS. and it has saved money while doing so. And our healthcare and insurance system has been a unmitigated disaster, if this is so horrible that we go single payer eventually then this is awesome. If it improves our system-awesome.
Slow down there buck.

Some 2.1 million people signed up for a plan in time for their coverage to start January 1, according to the Obama administration. But with the payment deadlines stretching until January 31 at the latest, anywhere between 12% and 30% of those folks still haven't paid up, insurers say.

Obamacare deadbeats: Some don't pay their first premiums - Jan. 30, 2014

Millions is a little ambitious. You're lucky to even have 2 million. That's completely ridiculous considering the claims Obama and friends made/make. I keep hearing revenue neutral from Obamabots but those predictions are based on the numbers of people, including young people who pay into a system they won't use, estimated to join Obamacare and unprecedented savings and cost controls.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:07 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Kaiser Institute reported that the average employee contribution towards their employer sponsored healthcare was $4565 in 2013, pre the implementation of ACA. This means half of employees paid more than the average and half less.
That's not what an average is. You're thinking of a median. Not the same.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:21 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Slow down there buck.

Some 2.1 million people signed up for a plan in time for their coverage to start January 1, according to the Obama administration. But with the payment deadlines stretching until January 31 at the latest, anywhere between 12% and 30% of those folks still haven't paid up, insurers say.

Obamacare deadbeats: Some don't pay their first premiums - Jan. 30, 2014

Millions is a little ambitious. You're lucky to even have 2 million. That's completely ridiculous considering the claims Obama and friends made/make. I keep hearing revenue neutral from Obamabots but those predictions are based on the numbers of people, including young people who pay into a system they won't use, estimated to join Obamacare and unprecedented savings and cost controls.
Slow down there yourself, you're forgetting the millions that got medicaid coverage. You only list those who signed up for the plans. Thats only part of it.

Another 8 million would qualify (unknown how many would sign up) if red state governments didn't block it in their states.

Additionally theres a lot of things in the bill rarely talked about that improve medical care, and help control costs.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:37 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
No just at least 51% of the base and 25% of the voting population. Ever taken a look at a Tea Party Rally or people who go to see Sarah Palin? Pretty hard to find anyone under 60...thats the Republican base. I guess you think its a bunch of college kids..LOL.

I was 45 when I attended my first Tea Party gathering in 2009.

Lots of young people there.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:44 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Shrug, look, theres a ton of poorly informed opinions here, it gets old. You want to debate SPECIFICS then hey-thats actually fun. Lets do it.

But very few here on the right want to talk specifics. Sometimes I do, other times I get tired of just how stupid some people can be and treat them to a little of their derp.

The bottom line is-this program has provided insurance for MILLIONS. and it has saved money while doing so. And our healthcare and insurance system has been a unmitigated disaster, if this is so horrible that we go single payer eventually then this is awesome. If it improves our system-awesome.
This is what you call debating facts?

Check the video - that's real life - real people being forced by Obamacare to pay more than they can afford. you don't need a study.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:47 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I thought PA would go red like they did before. Talking to people there they don't like Obama. There were anti Obama signs everywhere in western and central PA except of course the cities Pittsburgh and Philidelphia and those people thought it was too hard to present a voter ID when voting. In Philadelphia, 59 voting divisions in the city, Mitt Romney received not one vote. Zero. Zilch. Very suspicious if you ask me.
Lot's of interesting things have happened in recent years.

Ancient history, but remember when McCain closed the gap in the polls with Obama in September 08 or so and voila - banking crisis.

And by the way, I think McCain was awful.

I just don't believe in coincidences.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:50 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
This is what you call debating facts?

Check the video - that's real life - real people being forced by Obamacare to pay more than they can afford. you don't need a study.
good lord, no thats a political photo op thats being manipulated. Its pretty sad.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:54 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:

Actually, it's taken away insurance from millions. Obama and co have been caught lying about the 6 million on Medicaid. Only a few hundred thousand are actually newly insured. The rest are just renewals. Even the WaPo called the Obama admin liars for using that claim and said the media should quit repeating it.

And out of the 3 million in private plans, many haven't paid. The last estimate I saw was that only half had paid.

6 million lost their insurance, and more cancellations are coming. We now have more uninsured than ever, thanks to Obamacare.

And I think you can now kiss single payer goodbye. People will never trust the government that can't build a working website in 3 years with more than a half billion dollars to take over all their healthcare. Obama's poor management is turning Americans away from government, not towards it.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:01 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Slow down there yourself, you're forgetting the millions that got medicaid coverage. You only list those who signed up for the plans. Thats only part of it.

Another 8 million would qualify (unknown how many would sign up) if red state governments didn't block it in their states.

Additionally theres a lot of things in the bill rarely talked about that improve medical care, and help control costs.
Oops, not millions. Obama lied to you, and you believed him. This lie has been covered extensively by the media.

Warning: Ignore claims that 3.9 million people signed up for Medicaid because of Obamacare

White House Caught in Another Massive ObamaCare Lie....This Time About Enrollments - Fox Nation

Quote:
RealClearPolitics concluded that only 380,000 new people have enrolled in Medicaid under ObamaCare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies