Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 10:38 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times

Advertisements

If there's one party which is responsible for the dismal state of the US education system, it's the Democrats plain & simple.

Firing an incompetent schoolteacher is extremely time-consuming and prohibitively expensive, and especially in liberal hellholes such as California and all the rest of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 11:14 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Firing an incompetent schoolteacher is extremely time-consuming and prohibitively expensive, and especially in liberal states such as California and all the rest of them.
Perhaps this is true. But given that blue states such as california have much better education systems than red states... it's evident that what crap those states are doing is much worse than keeping incompetent schoolteachers.

And this is not such a big problem in all blue states. NJ has weakened teacher unions and is able to maintain top quality teachers while getting rid of incompetent ones.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:24 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
The fine state of Massachusetts, of which I am a proud citizen, came in third

Old 02-01-2014, 02:07 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,593,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, Kansas, Utah, That's 5 states and New Hampshire and Colorado typically lean Republican.

So that is 7 by my count.
Yeah... ten years ago

Old 02-01-2014, 04:08 AM

30,356 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I've clicked through from #20-#11. FIVE of the 10 "states" (one is DC) I've seen voted for Romney in 2012. There are two others that went for Obama in 2012 but are still widely considered purple states.

No need to click through any more. OP is a liar.
Of course he lies, he is a Democrat. Still, the 2 most innovative states are Washington (state people, not city or district) and Cali, and both are left leaning and it does seem like most creative people are left leaning. I would like to see objective analysis why. I also think many creative people are Libertarian thinkers.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:37 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
The southern states were built by slavery, are we really surprised?
Coca-Cola and CNN were built by slaves? I'm gonna need a link for that.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why get an education if you can just hammer nails into plywood instead

I got an education from 2 colleges. During college I worked construction when I didn't have class.

After college, I was making $250,000 a year installing hardwood flooring. Then came the illegal aliens....

Old 02-01-2014, 06:10 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
At what point will people here come to the realization that there's no such thing as a red or blue state, no such thing as a Republican or Democrat state?

Even the most left or right leaning states have hundreds of thousands, sometimes millions of people who lean the other way. There are MILLIONS of blue voters in Texas, There are MILLIONS of red voters in California.
Lol, my wife is blue and I am red.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:44 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I don't think that is what this means. If you look at the states with the highest amount of innovation, they are also the most educated states. The idea that education fuels innovation is understandable. The most educated states also happen to be blue states for the most part.
Isn't the Governor of NJ a Republican?

4 of the top 5 most educated counties in NJ vote Republican. By educated, I mean those with a Bachelor's Degree or more.

ALL of the bottom 5 least educated counties in NJ vote Democrat.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:03 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
This thread made me think about the following. I always wondered how Senator Bernie Sanders from Vermont could even exist in our corporate controlled federal government. Perhaps the reason is Vermont has the smartest people in the country.

U.S. States Ranked: Smart to Dumb - Netscape News
Bernie is from Brooklyn, NY.

He keeps VT a haven for the wealthy while the natives struggle and property tax terminates land owned in the family for generations. Wait until HUD is finished with Westchester county and hears about VT.

There are no bathrooms in VT for visitors.

To fish the Conneticut river that borders VT you need a NH fishing license to stand in VT and fish the river....lot of strange 'innovations' in VT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies