Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 11:20 AM

577 posts, read 435,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I haven't seen a single person in here from any political standing try to defend taking food away from children. You made this about politics and claimed that Conservatives wanted to starve children, it doesn't get much more stupid than that.

Conservatives have pushed for food stamp cuts all the time..LOL.. it's what they do..

They advocate for cuts to the poor, yet don't want to raise the minimum wage.

They claim that people should make better choices and do something to get a better job.. then start a thread chastising the President for encouraging people to get a college education .. or education beyond H.S (which is the ONLY way to get a job that pays a wage that lifts out of poverty)..

So.. seeing something like this take place just ticks me the hell off... and it's completely insane.

I guarantee you that the person who did that is a registered republican.. or identifies as a fiscal conservative.. the money is far more important than the people.. .in this case, the children.

Sorry.. it's just how I feel. .and on a political forum I get to voice that opinion.. especially on these boards ripe with people who think this kind of stuff is fine...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 11:22 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,822,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
SUX for the kids, but mostly for having retarded parents that can't even understand a letter from the school informing them the lunch money run out.
If that was my parent, I'd be frickin pissed
The parents need a spanking lol.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:22 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
When you pick your day to decide not to feed the kids anymore, why not call those kids into the office and then contact their parents--or have the kids call them in the presence of whoever in the office does this sort of thing--and explain right then and there that they are not going to get lunch today because there is no money left in their account?

This method of trying to collect by humiliating the child and then putting the responsibility onto the kid so that s/he will go home and tell the parents what happened is childish and sleazy on the part of the school administration.

Kid: "Hey Mom, I'm leaving for school. Where is my lunch?"

Mom: "I did not have time to pack one. I had to go find your daddy to get him to pay his child support."

Kid: "That's ok. I will just get lunch at school. Do I have enough credits in my account?"

Mom: "What you talkin' bout? I thought food was free."

Kid: "I can't get a school lunch unless you put money in my account. Where is the money the state sends you to feed me each month? "

Mom: "I thought your daddy handled all that. Here are few dollars to get something at the market on the corner. I will take care of this today".

Kid: "Thanks Mom! You're the greatest!!!"

Don't be a Mr. Bungle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7X5-Drctk

Last edited by Spaten_Drinker; 01-31-2014 at 11:52 AM..

Old 01-31-2014, 11:57 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Thats a shame , feel bad for them kids. Thats a messed up school policy , must be a mormon thing lol .
It should be a nationwide thing, I worked in a school today and the lunch ladies were talking about this issue

The food may get thrown away but students can't be denied food no matter how much they owe, they get fruit, vegetables, milk, and usually a cheese sandwich. That's a law in most states.

The food needs to be tossed because when the child picked up the food, did he/ she cough on it? Put his/her thumb in it? You can't give out food that a child touched because if the next student who gets it then gets sick, guess who's suing the district? The sick kids parents, its happened everywhere in every state, that's why the food needs to be tossed.

Last edited by James420; 01-31-2014 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: H

Old 01-31-2014, 12:03 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,487,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
School in Salt Lake serves then trashes the lunches of kids with lunch debts.

School throws away lunches of students in debt - Hot Topics

That's wasteful and cruel.
It's not only mean, it's stupid. Until the bill is paid, don't issue a report card. Problem solved.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:17 PM

Btw, If the parents are getting food stamps or welfare, most likely they already qualify for free lunch.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:25 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Btw, If the parents are getting food stamps or welfare, most likely they already qualify for free lunch.
I think it was said that these kids don't fall into that category. They are not kids whose families are eligible for the free lunch program. They are kids who parents have the means to pay but for some reason(s), didn't.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think it was said that these kids don't fall into that category. They are not kids whose families are eligible for the free lunch program. They are kids who parents have the means to pay but for some reason(s), didn't.
Oh ok, either way they still should get fed. Fruit, vegetable, cheese sandwich something. Things like that are usually left out of articles to demonize someone. I don't like the food getting tossed but little Timmy comes home with a tummy ache and the district gets blamed for it so I don't blame them for tossing the food.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:43 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,329,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Thats a shame , feel bad for them kids. Thats a messed up school policy , must be a mormon thing lol .
LOL? Try substituting other religions or races to that comment and see if it sounds funny to you too.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:45 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
Conservatives have pushed for food stamp cuts all the time..LOL.. it's what they do..

They advocate for cuts to the poor, yet don't want to raise the minimum wage.

They claim that people should make better choices and do something to get a better job.. then start a thread chastising the President for encouraging people to get a college education .. or education beyond H.S (which is the ONLY way to get a job that pays a wage that lifts out of poverty)..

So.. seeing something like this take place just ticks me the hell off... and it's completely insane.

I guarantee you that the person who did that is a registered republican.. or identifies as a fiscal conservative.. the money is far more important than the people.. .in this case, the children.

Sorry.. it's just how I feel. .and on a political forum I get to voice that opinion.. especially on these boards ripe with people who think this kind of stuff is fine...
Weird, I am a fiscal conservative and I would NEVER take away food from kids and throw it in the trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies