Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 02:45 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Don't know the party of the only US President who was forced to resign in disgrace?

It was probably a Republican.

What exactly does a POTUS who was in office from 1969-1974 have to do with the media in 2014? I love the pathetic leftist deflections. They get funnier every time I visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 06:22 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,071,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Their methodology is called common sense and the ability to recognize the obvious. These are things that escape leftists.
Their methodology is called cherry-picking data and anecdotal evidence. Kind of like saying that dudes who make ladies and gay guys drool are the norm on the city-data politics forum because Sharks with Lasers does.

If they analyzed all scandals and all mentions of political parties normalized for other variables such as time, type of scandal, etc., then I would believe this.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:38 PM

37,955 posts, read 22,128,069 times
Quote:
However, we all know the media isn't biased because the liberals say so.

Don't Know the Party of a Politician Caught in a Scandal? He's Probably a Democrat | NewsBusters
They do it over and over and over again.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:41 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,129,126 times
Quote:
Their methodology is called common sense and the ability to recognize the obvious. These are things that escape leftists.
Yeah, I guess at those durn colleges where liberals hang out they teach the scientific method... Not "This is what I that 'dere believe.. Yessir."

Old 01-31-2014, 06:50 PM

57,203 posts, read 26,160,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Democrats are in a constant state of denial.

Republicans are uprfront with their shannegans since they know they cannot win in the media.

The Media helps the Dems cover- face it.

By the way still no evidence Christie knew anything- so as of right now Bridgegate is a bigger Faux Scandal then F&F, Benghazi and IRS targeting put together.
You're saying the republicans are up front with their scandals in the same breath you mention Bridgegate

Old 01-31-2014, 06:50 PM

3,313 posts, read 2,130,341 times
Participation in the (D) vs. (R) "war" is the reason "they" win and The People continue to lose.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:54 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,801,761 times
Don't know the party of a politician caught in a scandal?

It's because you're watching Fox News and they're lying and telling you that the REPUBLICAN caught in a scandal is a Democrat.

REPUBLICAN Mark Sanford, noted Appalachian Trail hiker and Argentine-o-phile, falsely labelled a Democrat by FOX NEWS.

REPUBLICAN Mark Foley, avid sexter of underage interns, falsely labelled a Democrat by FOX NEWS.

"Fox News! We lie, and you stupidly believe it!"

Old 01-31-2014, 07:11 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,247,410 times
Quote:
Leftists aren't have as good at scandals as Rightwingers. What was Nixon anyhow?

Republican sex scandals outnumber Democrat sex scandals two to one | Nerve.com

A decade of sex scandals - First Read

Rating the Greatest GOP Sex Scandals of the Past 20 Years | Alternet

Are Republicans Getting Away With Sex Scandals?

https://www.truthwinsout.org/blog/2010/07/9600/

Old 01-31-2014, 08:55 PM

14,007 posts, read 14,990,004 times
Democrats are just as bad, do you know the last Massachusetts speaker of the house to not end up in Jail? Billy Bulger, Brother of Whitey, who admitted to knowing where his brother was. So that 4/4 criminals.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:05 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,002 times
Actually, this is probably going to get me in some trouble, but since I tend to be more of a moderate (Call me a RINO, fine) I will say that I have noticed this trend for over 10 years and Republicans are mostly right on this. When the major networks cover any scandal outside of the senate or the house, they often do not mention the party affiliation of the offender if he is a democrat, but do so more often if they are a republican.

Where it is really glaring is when they discuss Think Tanks. If it is a conservative Think Tank, the reporter almost always seems to describe it as a "conservative think tank". If it is more of a liberal-leaning think tank, you rarely hear the reporter describe it as a "liberal" or "democratic" think tank. What? Are there no liberal think tanks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies