Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes, she's a convicted murderer and should do the time 65 26.10%
No, the US should ignore Italy's request 184 73.90%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 12:06 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Her own confession putting herself at the scene
The false accusation against her employer
The subsequent changes in her account as she was arrested
The mixed blood spots
The footprint
Her table lamp locked in the murder room
The different accounts of the locked door
Both cell phones turned off
The DNA evidence implicating her and her boyfriend
The staging of the murder scene..False break in..Moved body..Covering body
Her dubious account of her activity the morning after the murder
The witness who saw her and her boyfriend overlooking the cottage on the murder night
The shopkeeper who saw her when she claimed to be in her bed sleeping
The 3am call to her mother which she denied making
Her overall behaviour after the murder
All were disproved at the second trial. The third trial used completely different false evidence to try her again, none of the original evidence was even brought up. they just keep changing the rules to try for a conviction.. It's a matter of them continuing to try the case over and over until they get the verdict they want.
You really haven't followed the case closely...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 12:07 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
From your linked article,
She replied: “I was interrogated by the police from 11 at night until six in the morning. It was a very tough interrogation, with a dozen people who were yelling in a language I didn’t understand, and with one person who was giving me slaps to my head.”
A short time afterwards, realising that she made a false accusation, she tried to withdraw it, she said.

Miss Knox insists that the crime was committed solely by Rudy Guede, a small-time local drug dealer who is serving a 16-year prison sentence in an Italian jail after being found guilty in a separate, fast-track trial.
pointing out salient facts will never be sufficient to stifle poppy's incessant shrieks of 'racism!!'

Old 01-31-2014, 12:11 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Time to end the thread, we have already proven who are the racists and who voted for comrade obama. Bottom line is, she is innocent, and no matter what anyone says here, she will never be going back to that third world country..
Hope she makes a mint on a book and a movie, she deserves it for spending time in jail on a trumped up charge..
Love to all....

Old 01-31-2014, 12:13 PM

878 posts, read 737,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
. Double jeopardy thrumps, she's not going anywhere.
True. They just had her dad on the news and he said Double Jeopardy prevails. A Constitutional scholar on international law verified it to the host. Amanda is staying.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:17 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
on one hand, I think it would be unfair to send Knox back to Italy for what amounts to double-jeopardy, but on the other hand, I'd hate to have Italy retaliate by cutting us off from whatever it may be that they provide us...I don't know....Chef Boyardee or something???

why don't we dress up Justin Bieber in a skirt and send him over there in her place?

Old 01-31-2014, 12:28 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
All were disproved at the second trial. The third trial used completely different false evidence to try her again, none of the original evidence was even brought up. they just keep changing the rules to try for a conviction.. It's a matter of them continuing to try the case over and over until they get the verdict they want.
You really haven't followed the case closely...
Um, no.

The second jury was admonished for NOT considering all the evidence in the first trial. That's why a third trial was held.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:35 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
Time to end the thread, we have already proven who are the racists and who voted for comrade obama. Bottom line is, she is innocent, and no matter what anyone says here, she will never be going back to that third world country..
Hope she makes a mint on a book and a movie, she deserves it for spending time in jail on a trumped up charge..
Love to all....
I was wondering why righties were defending this woman so much. I get why they defend Zimmerman (killed a black kid), but Knox? Could this be the first clue?

Old 01-31-2014, 12:43 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I was wondering why righties were defending this woman so much. I get why they defend Zimmerman (killed a black kid), but Knox? Could this be the first clue?
I'm as far left as you can go. While it's sad that the man who killed Meredith Kercher (AND IS CURRENTLY IN JAIL DUE TO HIS DNA EVIDENCE IMPLICATING HIM IN THE CRIME) happens to be black, I don't see the need to expand upon it further. His race had nothing to do with it - his bloody handprint and semen does and it wouldn't matter if he was black, white, Asian, Middle Eastern, or Latino.

I have yet to see those who think Amanda Knox did it have a response to why Rudy Guede has been in jail after a conviction of murder and sexual assault, and why there are no plans to turn over his charges. How could both Rudy and Amanda have killed Meredith if they were not in cahoots? And neither of the convictions implicates the other?

Old 01-31-2014, 12:44 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Love to all....
This isn't political. Italy is not a 3rd world country. Stick to the facts. The facts are what proves her innocence, not all of this trumped up racial and political posturing.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:55 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
This isn't political. Italy is not a 3rd world country. Stick to the facts. The facts are what proves her innocence, not all of this trumped up racial and political posturing.
Clearly the Italian court has a different view of the 'facts'.

Personally, I don't know enough about it to have a view. However, if we have signed an extradition treaty with Italy then we should respect the terms of that treaty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies