Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 12:31 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,835,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You're obviously not an NDN. Calling a Washington, DC football team the 'Redskins" is no different than calling the Oakland football team the Oakland N!jjers or the New England team the New England Honkies or the Dallas team the Dallas TeaBaggers. How About the Pittsburgh Pollacks? Maybe the San Francisco Dagos?
Does the Miami "White Devils" have a nice ring to your ears?

We are not mascots. We are the nations of Redmen with a long history and honorable culture. You have no right to diminish us as one of your pets for a white man's sporting team and we will never accept it.

You have no right to claim that because there were times we warred against each other you were justified in exterminating us and our society just steal our identity and to use us as a warped, white man's cartoon for your entertainment. Some things that humans do to each other should never be forgotten by mankind no matter how long ago.

If you believe so, you are evil and insensitive at the core of your being.

I am Mohawk. My fathers and uncles built your New York City's tallest buildings without safety lines or nets. We are an honorable nation that your ancestors destroyed. Now you would diminish us to a cartoon on a football helmet. The whole idea and the people who abide by it suck.

I wholeheartedly recommend you change the name of your Washington sports team to the "Washington Running White Dogs" to more accurately represent you in the future.
Like butchering women, children and the elderly. The U.S. Army fought, killed and captured Indians but also turned them over alive to agents. Indians, fought, killed and captured U.S. soldiers and never returned one alive to the authorities.

Nobody cares except for those who need to find guilt in their lives.

We can claim whatever we want as we won and you lost and lost mightily.

I am a realist as that is how history progresses. If you are too sensitive then you fail at the basic test of being a man in your culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 12:35 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I LIKE when they expose what's in their dark hearts. They ALWAYS reveal what's inside them. Always.

Sometimes we turn on the light and boom! More roaches than first believed. But once it's known they're there they can be dealt with.
No, it's what in you all's paranoid schizophrenic heads. The facts are that many Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, and NATIVE AMERICANS do not find or think this is offensive or think that the team should change their name, but some how in you all's sick heads, you disregard this fact and conveniently and creatively point to finger at White Conservatives. You want to see a roach, then look in the mirror.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
No, it's what in you all's paranoid schizophrenic heads. The facts are that many Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, and NATIVE AMERICANS do not find this offensive or think that the team should change their name, but some how in you all's sick heads, you disregard this fact and conveniently and creatively point to finger at White Conservatives. You want to see a roach, then look in the mirror.
Nah.

It's because I hang out with actual Apaches and Navajos.

Though I just read a book by Jim Northrup (Ojibwe) and he'd tell you you didn't know what you were talking about. What with him be another of those actual Indians who objects to the nickname and you just some white guy on the internet. The Book is "Rez Road Follies" in case you decide to, here's a new word for you!, educate yourself.

Dare to learn.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:43 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Nah.

It's because I hang out with actual Apaches and Navajos.
Good for you. Most of America do not, and Americans, more so than any other demographic, do not have a problem with nor are racist against any of them. They aren't on the radar.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:43 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Like butchering women, children and the elderly. The U.S. Army fought, killed and captured Indians but also turned them over alive to agents. Indians, fought, killed and captured U.S. soldiers and never returned one alive to the authorities.

I am a realist as that is how history progresses. If you are too sensitive then you fail at the basic test of being a man in your culture.
A. Who the F are YOU to tell him what constitutes being a man in HIS culture? You people on this thread are the most self-centered, egotistical idiots I've ever heard of.

B. Now you're saying it's OK to be racist because the native peoples fought back when their lives, culture and territory was invaded and taken away?

Good God.

Cockroaches indeed. Run, little roaches. The world will pass you by, just as it did the racists who instituted slavery and Jim Crow.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:45 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Yes, I say screw them. Every company and person in the U.S. should not have to change their name or kiss everyone else's *ss just because some are over sensitive. You do not get to force private companies to change their name based on the "feelings" of some, and using your same logic, the "feeling" of some do not get to cancel out the "feelings" of Native Americans and a large majority like or are offended by the name. It does not work like that.

This has NOTHING to do with conservatives because many Conservatives, Liberals, Independents, White, Black, Hispanics, and Native American think the name should stay the same. Blacks are called "Black" because of their skin color, and Whites are called White because of theirs. If people what to be offended based on people stating the obvious fact, then so be it.
You aren't being logical of course private companies have changed the names of products or symbols, etc that people find offensive.

What world have you been living in? Over and over and over again private companies respond to people's feelings and change things that people find offensive.

So you are just flat out wrong with your assertion.

Just look at the arguments of both sides, one side is saying hey this name is racist and offensive and the other side is saying forget them we will keep the name because we want to.

The position of the team can't hold, because the arguments are so unequal.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Good for you. Most of America do not, and Americans, more so than any other demographic, do not have a problem with nor are racist against any of them. They aren't on the radar.
Lol. Don't leave Podunk. It's obvious you're very comfy.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post

Did you watch the video? It's not just me. It's all Native Americans find the term Redskin offensive. Note that we do not find the Cleveland Indians offensive, nor do we find the Florida State Seminoles offensive. The Indians were labeled "Redskin" around the same time the blacks were labeled "Nijjers". You had to be dragged kicking and screaming to stop using the term to describe blacks and we expect the same concerning the vile label 'Redskin".
What I can't understand is Why is it so important to you to keep an obvious racist slur? Why does it matter so much to you to defend it so vigorously? For us NAs it's about respect and acknowledgement.

The Washington Redskins was established 82 years ago in 1932. At that time, most whites called black people nijjers and Native Americans "Redskins". We as a nation have evolved since that time. The term nijjers is not acceptable in this day and age. We ask that you join the community of man in the here and now and abolish the other term. Just because a derogatory term has become common usage over time does not mean it has lost it's meaning or impact on the individuals it demeans.

It would be my extreme pleasure to physically show you the man I am, scooter boy.
I do know that you would never call me Redskin to my face but one time in your short miserable life.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:01 PM

Yeah, Hokay. Yeah.
You folks lost out and now whine like the best of the marginalized peoples. Always find someone to accept your BS.
Hokay!

Old 02-03-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
A. Who the F are YOU to tell him what constitutes being a man in HIS culture? You people on this thread are the most self-centered, egotistical idiots I've ever heard of.

B. Now you're saying it's OK to be racist because the native peoples fought back when their lives, culture and territory was invaded and taken away?

Good God.

Cockroaches indeed. Run, little roaches. The world will pass you by, just as it did the racists who instituted slavery and Jim Crow.
Indian warrior culture would denigrate a sensitive man. He raved about how proud he was of his culture. Have you read so little in your life that the Internet is your source of learning?

No racists. Just realist. Stronger culture won and for a reason. Get used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies