Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 07:55 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,657,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes, and you do realize this isn't the religion forum.
I never said anything about religion now did i? I just said you are quick to label a party right away as if no democratic party posts anything here ever Get it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 07:56 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Seems to me each party has become its own religion.

Worshiping the religion and not the nation.

It is not different than the Holy War being wage now across the globe.
If you look at the leadership of both political parties, one is dominated by rich white people, but with some non white people in positions of power while the other political party's leadership is nearly all white and male.

If you look at the constituencies of both political parties, you find one party's constituency still mostly white, but with a huge percentage of non white people, as compared to the other political party whose constituency is nearly all white.

You could do this kind of differentiation of the political parties on a number of levels, and the reality leads one to reach the same conclusion.

The Democratic party is much more diverse than the conservative party.

This means generally there is much more disagreement amongst Democrats than there are disagreements amongst conservatives.

This means that conservatives are much more unified in their beliefs than the Democratic party.

What does a religion require? Shared beliefs. Objectively speaking the conservative party is much, much, much closer to having its members treat it like a religion than the Democratic party.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:57 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,657,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
No.. the difference is Dems don't worship ANY particular religion and want to keep religion OUT of legislation. We are a more diverse party...

The religion is only on the Republican side..
MMMMMMMMMM i dunno about that , i would lean more to the republic side but i am not a religion freak, i actually think religion should not be mixed or used in politics.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:11 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,034 times
On a slight sidenote: North Korea has practically banned all religion. Now would you rather call it the least or the most religious country in the world?

Statism IS a religion

Old 02-04-2014, 08:25 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Quote:

In a sense. I see where you're going with this.

The main problem today is that there is no perceived middle ground. Any politician on either side that steps out of lock-step with their party seems to get trounced...

Old 02-04-2014, 08:35 AM

577 posts, read 435,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
MMMMMMMMMM i dunno about that , i would lean more to the republic side but i am not a religion freak, i actually think religion should not be mixed or used in politics.
Of course that doesn't apply to all repulsive nor does the lack of religion apply to all dems. However many of the parties overall stance on issues is always stated as being Christian based. Although if you ask me a lot of their attitudes seem lacking of compassion and doesn't seem to have much of Christ in it to me.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:37 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Never worship or trust politicians, they will always break your heart or $crew you over. And beware those on either side of the aisle politicizing everything, not only are they irritating, they're boring, and when they get power they're dangerous.

Peggy Noonan said it best when she wrote “Beware the politically obsessed. They are often bright and interesting, but they have something missing in their natures; there is a hole, an empty place, and they use politics to fill it up. It leaves them somehow misshapen.”

Old 02-04-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
On a slight sidenote: North Korea has practically banned all religion. Now would you rather call it the least or the most religious country in the world?

Statism IS a religion
I think that much like king worship. Totalitarian regimes require worship of the leader with religious zealotry. In fact, in North Korea I think the current leader's grandfather was considered to be a GOD who would never die amongst the people of North Korea. At least that was what I saw on a documentary about North Korea.

Again, of the two political parties, which one worships a leader by the name of Ronald Reagan? Which one invokes Ronald Reagan's name like a religious chant election after election?

Democrats don't do that. They don't invoke the name of FDR, or Kennedy, or Clinton, or any President really. No Democrat goes around saying I am an FDR Democrat or a Kennedy Democrat.

conservatives go around saying I am a Reagan Republican. Republican Presidential candidates still bring up Reagan's name repeatedly in appearances and debates.

Which political party worships the nation's founders to fetishization?

American conservatives are a worshipping bunch period.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:55 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:

Yes. A different kind of "divide and conquer". Progressives & Conservatives. Pawns in the game.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
In a sense. I see where you're going with this.

The main problem today is that there is no perceived middle ground. Any politician on either side that steps out of lock-step with their party seems to get trounced...
This is just not the truth.

The Democratic party is the middle ground. And I don't view this as a particularly good thing about the Democratic party.

Based on their public policy positions, the political leadership of the Democratic party is mostly moderate or center left is the term.

President Obama is a moderate. Bill Clinton is a moderate. Hillary Clinton is a moderate. Joe Biden is a moderate. The Democratic party is dominated by moderate not very ideological elected officials especially at the national level.

Being too liberal is what is seen as a problem for Democrats amongst democrats.

The conservative party is dominated by conservatives. Not being conservative enough is what is seen as a problem for republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies