Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 01:16 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What kind of news? I thought cutting government deficits were going to crash the economy. We've been told non stop for 5+ years that only government can stimulate.

Why do you get angered by people who simply point out that your own post, will result in an economic crash, if left wing kook theories are correct..
The same thing goes for the Keystone pipeline, it's nothing but a "shovel ready" infrastructure project, something the libs were telling us was economic stimulus.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:20 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Changes are needed, since there is an obvious gridlock and silliness in DC. This is an election year and 2016 is an election year, so people need to speak with their votes.
So the voters are actually going to vote for representatives who put the country first, before party and cronies? So in other words every senate Democrat and Republican incumbent will be voted out? They sure as hell should be.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:25 PM

582 posts, read 778,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Thats because the Right tends to blame everything on Obama. Completely ignoring who controls what. Its ALL Obama.
And the liberals blame everything on Bush, even when he has been out of office for 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So the left says "hey OK lets look at deficits under presidents....since you claim its their responsibility"

Now look at the people posting in this thread.

Pick one-is it the president, or is it the senate? PICK.
No - when the President is of the same party as the Senate it is BOTH the fault of the Senate and the President. The President Obama is the leader of the Democrats, as such he has very strong influences over what happens in the Senate. That changes when the Presidency and the Senate are controlled by different parties. Then it would be the Senate has more control.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:26 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So the voters are actually going to vote for representatives who put the country first, before party and cronies? So in other words every senate Democrat and Republican incumbent will be voted out? They sure as hell should be.
Unfortunatly many voters never heard of the names they vote for in Congressional elections. I wish people did their homework, but they don't. Many vote for the letter "R" or the "D" based on party affiliation which they inherited from their parents. Yes, for some people it is as simple as that.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I don't agree that they should be all voted out. The problems stem mostly from the extremes on both sides. That would include most of the Democrats and about 20% of the Republicans. So we really only need to vote out about 40%.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:57 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,023,706 times
I like how they frame the future against the single worst year since WWII (2009).

And we're supposed to feel good that if we get a decade long stretch of Nominal GDP growth averaging 5% a year (~= to 3% "Real" GDP growth) we're going to make virtually NO progress on reducing the Debt:GDP ratio which is currently as high as it's been since the end of WWII?

Old 02-04-2014, 02:08 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Unfortunately it is againt the TOS to C/P everything in an article. You copy the link, and highlights, which is what I did.

Learn the rules, before slinging accusations!!

Why don't you call them and ask.
Conveniently only keeping the parts that make this administration look good.

Not telling the whole picture is a lie also. And blaming it on copyright rules is, well, very liberal.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Conveniently only keeping the parts that make this administration look good.

Not telling the whole picture is a lie also. And blaming it on copyright rules is, well, very liberal.
I am sorry you lack the knowhow to open and read links. But then again, how do you know what it said, if you didn't read it from what I included? You are being childish.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:50 PM

ringwise, Finn-Jarber,
Take it else where!!

Old 02-04-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
ringwise, Finn-Jarber,
Take it else where!!
It's my thread, and I am tired of people who don't have anything to say about the topic, but they come in anyway just to distract with some childish accusations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies