Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 09:59 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,312,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Nobody forced Hoffman to get high.

he caused his own death, not liberals or Hollywood

I thought you cons believed in personal responsibility
Personal responsibility is for OTHER people.

Kinda like when so many of these people scream about medicaire going after their estate for medical bills......

Old 02-04-2014, 09:59 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,212,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Nobody forced Hoffman to get high.

he caused his own death, not liberals or Hollywood

I thought you cons believed in personal responsibility
I don't agree with putting the blame on liberals or Hollywood. I do agree with the quote though.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:03 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,306,221 times
What a stupid thread...getting political over the poor guys death. Addiction is a nightmare. Read this and forget Breitbart and worry about those around you...Russell Brand: my life without drugs | Culture | The Guardian

Old 02-04-2014, 10:04 PM

31,949 posts, read 14,955,784 times
People are going to do all kinds of illegal drugs no matter what. And once upon a time, these drugs used to be legal. Did we ever have a problem when they were. No we didn't. Why not legalize them and control them. Sorry, just my opinion.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,097,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
People are going to do all kinds of illegal drugs no matter what. And once upon a time, these drugs used to be legal. Did we ever have a problem when they were. No we didn't. Why not legalize them and control them. Sorry, just my opinion.
That was because heroin was only used by doctors as an extreme painkiller, not as a recreational drug.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:23 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,030,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Liberals and their heroin and rainbows and fluffy clouds and death.

I turn it off when it says breitbart. Or huffpo. HUff po is like a USA Daily Mail. Make that for Breitbart, too. I got better time.
The only news about US current events worth reading comes from the UK... go figure!

Old 02-04-2014, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by natalie469
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That was because heroin was only used by doctors as an extreme painkiller, not as a recreational drug.
You are delusional man! Heroine, cocaine, LSD, pot...etc. were all abused long before they became illegal.

DRUGS never become illegal until there's a profit to be had under the guise of legality.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:55 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,263,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
"Without a sound moral structure around those in Hollywood who have every financial and talent advantage, the path to destruction is far too easy. "

This is a valid quote.
No it's not. It is complete hogs' wallop.
The moral structure of Hollywood is no more or less than the rest of the nation. These people are not aliens- they are us. Addiction takes many forms, and anyone can fall into it.

False righteousness and hypocrisy are just other addictions, and must be avoided as much as drugs, booze, or any other poison to the system.

Brietbart himself proved how lethal those are; if he had been more temperate, he wouldn't have left orphans behind him. He and Hoffman were the same age when they went horizontal permanently.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:33 AM

He also pointed out Libertarians. We are hated by both sides because we believe people should be accountable for their own actions. I do agree, it is ridiculous to blame any political view for an addict who overdosed because of his own cravings!

Look, the war on drugs is designed to make everyone a criminal, and to profit from it. Left, right, middle has no bearing on the truth of the war on drugs being a complete disaster: a fact is a fact!

Stop this immoral irrational war, and put the money towards drug awareness and recovery, not interdiction and incarceration. This is ridiculous at the very least!!!

You seem to have 20-20 vision when it's a liberal talking point, yet quick to crucify ANY conservative point. Don, I'm sorry but you've proven yourself to be a partisan hack.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:30 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,927,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
"Without a sound moral structure around those in Hollywood who have every financial and talent advantage, the path to destruction is far too easy. "

This is a valid quote.
People die of self induced drug use every day. Lots of people with sound moral structure abuse drugs...they just dont put needles in their arm, they instead go to their doctor and complain of pain, anxiety, or sleeplessness.

Hoffman is just the focus this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.