Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 11:54 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Wow. Kill a kid and become a wannabe celebrity.
The general public made him a "celebrity" not the shooting.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:07 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Zimmerman is officially now a member of the Kato Kaelin/Octomom club of pseudo-celebrities who just need to go away...

Didn't DMX just get out of the pen? (He's always getting out of the pen)

My money's on him even though he looks worn out these days. He just declared bankruptcy again, he's a hungry fighter who needs this one...literally, he's fighting for a sandwich.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:18 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
DMX should chase Zimmerman around the ring, then after Zimmerman throws a few punches, he can shoot him in the heart, claim self-defense and go home to beat his wife, all while being lauded by his loyal supporters.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:42 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
SMH I just can't. I thought George Zimmerman was not guilty but to reduce the killing into some sort of spectacle is obscene but at the end of the day Black folks are the main people obsessed with Zimmerman. So he's milking the obsession for all it's worth.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:45 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,858 times
Question: Why is Zimmermann capable of a boxing match now but was a scared little boy that had to pull out his gun & shoot some teenager because he couldn't hack a physical fight then?

Old 02-05-2014, 01:53 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Question: Why is Zimmermann capable of a boxing match now but was a scared little boy that had to pull out his gun & shoot some teenager because he couldn't hack a physical fight then?
Seems like he needs to be tried in an Italian Court with Amanda Cox.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:58 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
SMH I just can't. I thought George Zimmerman was not guilty but to reduce the killing into some sort of spectacle is obscene but at the end of the day Black folks are the main people obsessed with Zimmerman. So he's milking the obsession for all it's worth.
Anything to bash "black folks" If a tree falls in the forest and lands on a rabbit, it has to be the fault of the monolithic "black community." If a black man skids on ice and hits a tree, he had to have been throwing up gang signs to cause the accident. He definitely had to be up to no good, just like Trayvon! If a kitten gets stuck in a tree it's because a black man put him there and because he was raised by a single black cat with a victim mentality so she didn't teach him to climb down trees. Like all the other blacks he needs government assistance so the fire department is called. It's Black peoples' fault that it keeps snowing in the northeast too..if only the didn't speak Ebonics in their prayers when asking God for good weather, he might have understood them.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:19 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:

Here is the thing... It does take some ability to be able to minimize a threat with your bare hands. Having said that, in the case of Zimmerman, and Martin (we weren't there so only he Martin, and God knows what really happened), if it went down as Zimmerman said it did, getting his face bashed into the concrete (which can kill, or cause serious injury BTW) then at that point he has the right to use whatever means to defend himself. Now, should Zimmerman have followed him? No. But, if the story holds true, then Martin should not have attempted to confront him. I know if I'm walking through a neighborhood at night, and someone starts following me I sure as hell am not going to confront that person. Unless I'm absolutely cornered. Unfortunately, it's a sad situation all around. As for this situation, I personally think Zimmerman is making a spectacle of himself, in attempt to cash in, and he would be better served by staying under the radar, and living his life in a quiet matter. And again, if this fight goes down... my money is on DMX.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:39 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
a ring fight and a street fight are two different kettles of fish. Years ago there was an incident in Seattle where a boxer was here for the Goodwill Games. The boxer was out partying w/ friends in downtown Seattle, and got into an altercation with some Seattle street punks. The boxer lost the fight, and had to be taken to the hospital.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:43 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
a ring fight and a street fight are two different kettles of fish. Years ago there was an incident in Seattle where a boxer was here for the Goodwill Games. The boxer was out partying w/ friends in downtown Seattle, and got into an altercation with some Seattle street punks. The boxer lost the fight, and had to be taken to the hospital.

This is true. Very true. IMO in a street fight, there are no rules. You do what you have to do to defend yourself. If there is no other way out of course. Honestly, I'd much rather take the high road, as I'm Mr. Miyagi like that, but that unfortunately isn't reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies