Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 06:30 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Sounds like the security business is going to have a good year in Colorado.
It's the cost of doing business.
Unfortunately the society as whole will have to pay the price of skyrocketing crime. Even those who opposed drugs will have to pay the price for this mistake. Local governments will struggle to provide security for their citizens.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:31 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Denver Police spokesperson disputed these figures.

Quoted from your story.

At anyrate, if true it's because of the price, and security easily fixes this. Jewelry stores are often targets for this reason. Finn would outlaw gold.

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It attracts criminals who will increase crime overall. In Holland the number of crime families went from 3 to over 90, and robberies, theft etc skyrocketed. But then again, I already told you.
Your theory was soundly trampled on and resoundingly debunked in the other thread. Do you really think we need to go through all of that again?

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I agree. Let's admit that prohibition of marijuana didn't work and close shop on it. After all, it's been nearly a century and marijuana use is at its highest point ever. I'd call that ample evidence that it is a failed policy.
I know, right? Funny how they refuse to admit the "war on drugs" is a failure, despite overwhelming evidence to the fact... but ONE MONTH into legal pot in CO, and they're already declaring it's a failure? Come to California some time, and I'll show you how this looks 20 years down the road! The club I go to most often looks like any other store, and doesn't even have a line on most days.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:34 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
I agree. Let's admit that prohibition of marijuana didn't work and close shop on it. After all, it's been nearly a century and marijuana use is at its highest point ever. I'd call that ample evidence that it is a failed policy.
You got to understand the OP is anti legalization for MJ and is looking for any excuse to justify his position. The fact that it being illegal didn't stop availability or usage much at all or the the drug it self is a passive drug doesn't matter he would much rather see the people continue to pay billions in taxes in a war on MJ and see many have their lives ruined in the criminal system because of marijuana.

The fact that many drugs are legal and you can get them at any drug store yet these drugs DO addict someone to where they sell their body or rob people to pay for it, and sometimes overdose escapes him.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Your theory was soundly trampled on and resoundingly debunked in the other thread. Do you really think we need to go through all of that again?
Crime statistics are not theories. You can believe, or not believe anything you want. I am not here to change the minds of hard core drug activists like you, but the inform those who are interested in the truth.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:38 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Crime statistics are not theories. You can believe, or not believe anything you want. I am not here to change the minds of hard core drug activists like you, but the inform those who are interested in the truth.
Your entire argument about Holland is based on your fallacious claim that marijuana is legal there. It isn't, as has been repeatedly pointed out to you, but you refuse to admit that you are wrong. Seriously, find a better argument.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:41 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
It attracts criminals who will increase crime overall. In Holland the number of crime families went from 3 to over 90, and robberies, theft etc skyrocketed. But then again, I already told you.
Ugh crime families are already involved in the drug trade. It being illegal gave them the black market to prosper in. One need only look at the history of prohibition of alcohol in America to see that prohibition gave birth to a huge increase in crime mobs and gangs and once alcohol was legalized again they diminished dramatically.

The is no difference between alcohol and MJ in the sense of this. However if you limited liquor stores to accepting only cash and limited them to banking no doubt you would see a increase in robberies of these stores when the criminals know large amounts of cash is on hand with minimal security.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Ugh crime families are already involved in the drug trade.
Ugh, yes three of them were involved in Holland, and that number jumped to over 90 after they went soft on crime.

You want to see a 50 fold increase in crime families in US? I don't, but it seems to be happening already after ONE MONTH. Colorado can keep their issues

Old 02-05-2014, 06:49 PM

3,315 posts, read 2,131,554 times
Criminals targeting businesses that, due to antiquated federal laws, are insecure and hold large amounts of untraceable cash and merchandise?

Ya don't say...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies