Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 04:56 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times

Advertisements

It's strange reading posts by conservatives regarding Obama's performance, because they're completely detached from reality. I'm writing this posts from the point of view of a non-radical, non-right-wing nut, about some of the ridiculousness coming from the right. To let them know what the rest of America thinks when they expound their idiocy.

Things like, "Yeah, all those people who voted for him surely regret it now!"
Uh, who exactly? Around my neck of the woods and all the places that I've traveled to (aka not the South or flyover countries), people loves him. They don't agree with everything he's done but they by and large thought he is a very good president.

"The economy is in the tank!"
Come again? Did you forget the great recession engineered by the Republican president? Did you forget what the Dow Jones was like just five years ago? Tent city anyone? Now the economy is back, the stock market is back, and people are starting to find work again. Is the economy great? No. But a heck of a lot better than under the Republican leadership. Europe would kill to have our economy. Around my hood, the economy couldn't be better; so good in fact that people are worrying about the increasing cost of living and the potential lost of culture with so many transplant workers and new companies coming into the picture. You're telling me that this is somehow bad? Please.

"The ACA is bad and I told you so!"
You may as well scream this one to your computer because it's just as effective. ACA has been great. I repeat, great. This will be the single most defining legacy of Obama, people 50, 100, 200 yrs from now will point to this administration and say, "Great job." ACA is like the Hooever Dam or the feat Freeway construction of our time. People like to point to outliers, but the fact is, millions of people is or will be helped by ACA. Of all the good things that Obama has done, this one could be the game changer. It's law, it's good, it helps Americans, and conservatives you're wrong (again); get over it.

"Obama is unqualified"
This is probably the mostly head scratching of all. You mean the man who killed Bin Laden, fixed the economy, passed ACA, and pursuaded countries to reduce carbon pollution is not qualified? LOL. Truth is, he's been great. Not perfect but about as good as you can expect a president to be.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 05:01 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Sure am glad you set the record straight.

I was unaware everything is rainbows and unicorns.

After reading this I thought the OP was LexusNexus

Old 02-06-2014, 05:02 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
WOW Do you live in Colorado or Washington?

Old 02-06-2014, 05:14 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
1. The recession wasn't engineered by a Republican president.

2. He hasn't saved the economy, though its certainly not in a freefall. But the relative improvement hasn't been due to his policies.

You act like your opinions on these issues are facts. They're not. They're merely opinions.

3. Most people don't support the ACA so of course most people don't see him as a good president because of that.

4. Comparing passing the ACA to construction of the Hoover Dam or construction of the freeway system? Really?

Old 02-06-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
WOW Do you live in Colorado or Washington?

Old 02-06-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Sure am glad you set the record straight.

I was unaware everything is rainbows and unicorns.

After reading this I thought the OP was LexusNexus
There are actually a lot of people who feel this way. As evidenced by OP's post, they think they're the majority. (They're not, as Obama's poor approval ratings and Obamacare's poor approval ratings confirm.)

Old 02-06-2014, 05:25 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It's strange reading posts by conservatives regarding Obama's performance, because they're completely detached from reality. I'm writing this posts from the point of view of a non-radical, non-right-wing nut, about some of the ridiculousness coming from the right. To let them know what the rest of America thinks when they expound their idiocy.

Things like, "Yeah, all those people who voted for him surely regret it now!"
Uh, who exactly? Around my neck of the woods and all the places that I've traveled to (aka not the South or flyover countries), people loves him. They don't agree with everything he's done but they by and large thought he is a very good president.

Is this even serious? My side is still hurting from all that hard laughing. Nothing was said in your post that any delusional lefty extremist hasn't already said. This is nothing more than yet another "I Hate Conservatives" thread.

Meanwhile, the economy isn't better, 92 million Americans are out of the labor force (with possibly more to come), the (Un)ACA website still doesn't work, and there's more poverty than at any one time in this great nation's history. This government can't be trusted. Don't know what you happen to be seeing.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:27 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
The thing about posters like this is that there is now history with this president. Words have been said. Actions have been taken. Video has been filmed. Years of it now.

Posters like THIS one will be screaming at dog-whistle pitch in defense of Obama by the middle of summer (much as many of the Democrats who are running for re-election in November will be, as they scurry like cochroaches in the light to distance themselves from the president).

None of what posters like this say matters anymore. You either support the policies established by this administration or you don't. Your life is either better under this administration or its not. You either believe that the country is in better shape under this administration or you don't. None of these stupid, crappy, mouth-piece, trolling, look-at-me look-at-me posts matter anymore.

What needs to be said about who's racist and who's a nazi and who's a tea-bagger and who's a Repulitard and who's a Dumocrat and who's living in a dream world etc etc and etc has already been said.

Vote the way you damned well want. Nobody here is going to change anybody's mind.

But I DO think and firmly believe, that many, many, many people are paying attention now. Because there's too much - TOO many actions, TOO many words, TOO much video (not just on Obama but all those who will matter in November). Scurry cockroaches. Scurry.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:42 PM

23,549 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Great summary of 'history rewritten' as Michelle had advocated in her speech.

Somehow if Obama were that great and had such stunning accomplishments as listed, people would know about it. Don't you think? Since the media is in the tank for obama and federal agencies supress the political opposition and persecute political opponents whose left to say Obama is anything but a gifted leader and best prez ever?

and yet obama's greatness and heroic accomplishments seem to be a secret known only to his minions........

How hard can it be to sell such an epic tale of accomplishment? Shouldn't it sell itself?
Sad that it has to be trumpeted on an obscure website.

Guess people are as dumb as the Dems take them for if they can't recognize O's growing legacy.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:52 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Somehow if Obama were that great and had such stunning accomplishments as listed, people would know about it. Don't you think?
People DO KNOW about it. People like me.

The problem is that there are delusional people who always choose to believe lies that conform to their beliefs. How many Republicans thought Obama is a Muslim? LOL. I rest my case.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies