Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 08:34 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Omg, you guys are so crazy funny its unbelievable. Liberals cannot be men because they believe in a safety net for those in need? Most liberals are white metrosexual yuppies? Only conservative men are into cars hunting and fishing?

You guys are proving everyday what I've always assumed. That most of the displays of y'all holding your guns, showcasing your trucks and recently hunted bucks is largely a pride thing and a way to tell liberals to suck it. Over the last five years I've noticed the people in my home town (which is about as reactionary as you can get), become way more "country" and way more expressive about their way of life. It's as though y'all really truly feel that your way of life us being threatened and so you guys turned up the "I'm a conservative and proud of it" mantra to 11!

I was seeing people I knew that were never really all that into the life suddenly dress like they worked at a feed store. Others wore cowboy boots when i'd never seen them wear a pair before and there were suddenly WAY more pics of them on FB with guns and hunted animals quoting the 2nd amendment and Bible verses.

Y'all really think your being rebels or something. LOL.

It's like y'all's way of being anti establishment or something.
The reactionaries in America have are not interested in facts or reality. They are only interested in comforting lies they can tell themselves over and over even though, deep down, they know absolutely none of those lies are true. That level of denial, of willful self deception, and just plain ignorance is what makes them right wing nutjobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 08:35 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times
[quote=radiolibre99;33380694]
Quote:
Omg, you guys are so crazy funny its unbelievable. Liberals cannot be men because they believe in a safety net for those in need?
No, liberals cannot be real men because they want a nanny to take care of them.

Quote:
Most liberals are white metrosexual yuppies?
The men, yes.

Quote:
Only conservative men are into cars hunting and fishing?
What do hobbies have to do with anything?

Quote:
You guys are proving everyday what I've always assumed. That most of the displays of y'all holding your guns, showcasing your trucks and recently hunted bucks is largely a pride thing and a way to tell liberals to suck it.
When you first decide what to think, and then seek to interpret everything you see as supporting it, and ignore anything that doesn't, it's called "confirmation bias" and it means you will ALWAYS be wrong.

Quote:
Over the last five years I've noticed the people in my home town (which is about as reactionary as you can get), become way more "country" and way more expressive about their way of life. It's as though y'all really truly feel that your way of life us being threatened and so you guys turned up the "I'm a conservative and proud of it" mantra to 11!
No, you're just becoming hypersensitive. Like a good metrosexual.

Quote:
I was seeing people I knew that were never really all that into the life suddenly dress like they worked at a feed store. Others wore cowboy boots when i'd never seen them wear a pair before and there were suddenly WAY more pics of them on FB with guns and hunted animals quoting the 2nd amendment and Bible verses.
Ditto last comment.

Quote:
Well, we're rebelling against you and the establishment.

Quote:
We are anti-establishment. And you're for the status quo.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The reactionaries in America have are not interested in facts or reality. They are only interested in comforting lies they can tell themselves over and over even though, deep down, they know absolutely none of those lies are true. That level of denial, of willful self deception, and just plain ignorance is what makes them right wing nutjobs.

Says the guy who is the precise opposite of his nickname.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:54 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
[quote=pnwmdk;33380909]
Quote:

No, liberals cannot be real men because they want a nanny to take care of them.

The men, yes.

What do hobbies have to do with anything?

When you first decide what to think, and then seek to interpret everything you see as supporting it, and ignore anything that doesn't, it's called "confirmation bias" and it means you will ALWAYS be wrong.

No, you're just becoming hypersensitive. Like a good metrosexual.

Ditto last comment.

Well, we're rebelling against you and the establishment.

We are anti-establishment. And you're for the status quo.
Lol. I grew up in small town Texas learning how to do a variety of things that many of you suburban golf polo wearing managerial, small biz boomer types that make up the bulk of the tea party do on occasion but make sure to let the world know when catch a fish or shoot a deer on FB to tell Obama and the "*******s" to suck it. And we are talking about hobbies because that's how the debate I was having with another started. Get with the program.

Anti establishment my a $ $. You're reactionary. Who the hell goes out to protest against a social safety net and for corporations to pay less taxes? Not men but total tools to power.

Quit deluding yourself. Fox News, Glen Beck and the GOP have you just where they want you.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:02 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,161 times
Quote:
Omg, you guys are so crazy funny its unbelievable. Liberals cannot be men because they believe in a safety net for those in need? Most liberals are white metrosexual yuppies? Only conservative men are into cars hunting and fishing?

You guys are proving everyday what I've always assumed. That most of the displays of y'all holding your guns, showcasing your trucks and recently hunted bucks is largely a pride thing and a way to tell liberals to suck it. Over the last five years I've noticed the people in my home town (which is about as reactionary as you can get), become way more "country" and way more expressive about their way of life. It's as though y'all really truly feel that your way of life us being threatened and so you guys turned up the "I'm a conservative and proud of it" mantra to 11!

If this is towards me you couldn't be more wrong.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
If this is towards me you couldn't be more wrong.
Not to you directly no, but I bet to some in here the glove fits. But did you expect me to think that someone in here would actually say, "ok you're right, you got me"?

Old 02-08-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Not to you directly no, but I bet to some in here the glove fits. But did you expect me to think that someone in here would actually say, "ok you're right, you got me"?
Fair enough.

Having lived across the country I haven't really met a staunch conservative. Most conservatives I know have more a relaxed and sometimes awkward personality that I can tolerate and aren't always "hip" to the latest things. Most liberals I know are generally hypocrites and very brash and snobby as I've previously posted. They make the place so blue (like my state and county) that they evidently move to an area (because they can't afford it where they've lived previously or it's gone downward through crime) which is generally ruled by...red politicians. They even bring their political views that the left from their previous place to their new place.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Fair enough.

Having lived across the country I haven't really met a staunch conservative. Most conservatives I know have more a relaxed and sometimes awkward personality that I can tolerate and aren't always "hip" to the latest things. Most liberals I know are generally hypocrites and very brash and snobby as I've previously posted. They make the place so blue (like my state and county) that they evidently move to an area (because they can't afford it where they've lived previously or it's gone downward through crime) which is generally ruled by...red politicians. They even bring their political views that the left from their previous place to their new place.
That's a class thing more than a political thing. I know what you mean. A lot of those snooty yuppie types think they are a part of a "creative class" and act accordingly which means to act like a snob.

I dislike those types too because they can be unsympathetic to people they deem "country" "rednecks".

My family were mostly union men that worked on the docks and were sailors. My dad is the only country conservative stereotype yet I'm a mix of the two, so you can't pigeonhole all people.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
That's a class thing more than a political thing. I know what you mean. A lot of those snooty yuppie types think they are a part of a "creative class" and act accordingly which means to act like a snob.

I dislike those types too because they can be unsympathetic to people they deem "country" "rednecks".

My family were mostly union men that worked on the docks and were sailors. My dad is the only country conservative stereotype yet I'm a mix of the two, so you can't pigeonhole all people.
I have a much different attitude towards Unions but some I keep hearing about live up to the negative stereotype. Very few unions I know aren't like that but I can see why they vote Democrat.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:50 AM

[quote=radiolibre99;33381123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post

Lol. I grew up in small town Texas learning how to do a variety of things that many of you suburban golf polo wearing managerial, small biz boomer types that make up the bulk of the tea party do on occasion but make sure to let the world know when catch a fish or shoot a deer on FB to tell Obama and the "*******s" to suck it. And we are talking about hobbies because that's how the debate I was having with another started. Get with the program.

Anti establishment my a $ $. You're reactionary. Who the hell goes out to protest against a social safety net and for corporations to pay less taxes? Not men but total tools to power.

Quit deluding yourself. Fox News, Glen Beck and the GOP have you just where they want you.
LOL!

You know nothing. Seriously.

I grew up a logger in Montana... By age 13 I fell trees, drove Cat and ran machinery in the family business. But that has nothing to do with being a conservative.

I'm a conservative because I'm not interested in a welfare state.

And, I protest an overbearing, damaging, and oppressive government.

And I want taxes lowered, because they are damaging to EVERYONE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies