Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2014, 08:19 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times

Advertisements

And when temperatures are broiling this summer, wingnuts and the scientifically illiterate will not be saying a word about what is actual climate change.

The Dumbing Down trolls on.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 08:24 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,888 times
Quote:
And when temperatures are broiling this summer, wingnuts and the scientifically illiterate will not be saying a word about what is actual climate change.
Boy I sure wish temperatures were boiling now!

Old 02-09-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Thank God US republicans are the only political group of people on this planet, that are stupid enough to (not) be concerned about man made global warming.
The Republican Party, small as it may be (200 some members of a nation of over 300 million) are in bed with the corporatists who are responsible for climate change. They have a vested financial interest in denying science, while poor white trash sitting at home watching FOX News does not benefit at all, but will have to live with the consequences, as will their children and grandchildren.

But when selfishness and care only about oneself is seen as a virtue, then you just worry about yourself, and whether or not you can survive what we are doing to this planet, and most of these older types think they will be dead before the real fun begins.

Younger Republicans may one day stand up, but by then it might be too late to change anything. This argument helps explain why the Dumbing Down of America is deliberate, and this forum helps illustrate how effective it really is.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Boy I sure wish temperatures were boiling now!
That's because you are scientifically illiterate. Ignorance is bliss.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:35 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,888 times
Quote:
That's because you are scientifically illiterate. Ignorance is bliss.
And you pal don't have the education enough to admit when you're wrong!

Old 02-09-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
And you pal don't have the education enough to admit when you're wrong!
I'm in agreement with 97% of climate researchers who agree that mankind is causing a warming planet. The data proves that the earth is getting warmer. Every November for the past 33 years has been warmer than the previous November, to use only one example.

You don't agree with the 97% of climate researchers for reasons that are not science based, but based on something only you and your fellow tribesmen understand.

But I'm sure of one thing: You don't understand science.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:45 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
STANFORD, CA– Water is in increasingly short supply in many parts of the United States. Here in California, where most of the state is experiencing “extreme” drought, 2013 was the driest year on record, and we have had no relief during what should be the height of the rainy season. Moreover, there’s no end in sight: The Climate Prediction Center of the National Weather Service forecasts that the drought will “persist or intensify” at least through April.
Reservoir levels are dropping, the snow pack is almost nonexistent, and many communities have already imposed restrictions on water usage. In the city of Santa Cruz, for example, restaurants can no longer serve drinking water unless diners specifically request it; Marin County residents have been asked not to clean their cars or to do so only at “eco-friendly” car washes; and there are limitations on watering lawns in towns in Mendocino County.
There's No End In Sight For California's Extreme Water Drought - Forbes

But...But...Redraven has 2 inches of snow in her driveway! In Montana! Therefore, the drought isn't happening.
Well, actually, Redraven is very well aware that a drought is happening-IN CALIFORNIA!
Redraven is also aware that we had a drought last year in Montana.
BUT, Redraven is even more aware that a drought in CA or MT does NOT constitute a "warm dry winter" in all Western States!
THAT I must disagree with!
Oh, and FYI, Redraven is NOT a "her".
For the other poster who wondered why my wife and I bothered to shovel 2 inches of snow off of my driveway, it was so we wouldn't have twice as much to shovel today, and so it wouldn't pack down and have to be scraped off the concrete. This isn't my first winter in "snow country"! I learned to cope way back in the 1950s!

Old 02-09-2014, 11:04 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'm in agreement with 97% of climate researchers who agree that mankind is causing a warming planet. The data proves that the earth is getting warmer. Every November for the past 33 years has been warmer than the previous November, to use only one example.

You don't agree with the 97% of climate researchers for reasons that are not science based, but based on something only you and your fellow tribesmen understand.

But I'm sure of one thing: You don't understand science.

Unfortunately for the 97%'ers, their climate models and reality are on divergent paths:

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong

Old 02-09-2014, 11:34 AM

25,845 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Why, yes! Everybody knows that the Great lakes are the Entire Global Planet!
Never mind the polar vortex shifting much colder air further south because of decreasing arctic ice. Ignore all that.
If it's cold outside my front door, there's no global warming.

Unbelievable. I give up.
I highly doubt you'll give up this argument. If you did you would have to take up knitting.

Global Warming is a complete farce. We are much more likely to be much cooler in the future than warmer, especially with the real scientific data coming in from the sun. Less energy output = cooler surrounding planets.

And they have no idea how low the energy output will go or how long it will last. It may be a year, it may a million years. Either way it will mean almost nothing to the age of the solar system.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:37 AM

25,845 posts, read 16,522,667 times
The really sad thing about this is the mountains of coal America has buried that would make untold amounts of electrical power keep the economy going that will go unused. Elec utilities are retiring coal fired power plants right and left so you can expect your elec bills to be at least double within 5 years. Thank these liberal morons for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies