Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 10:13 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
As usual, none of our esteemed lefty posters can bring themselves to respond to the excellent point made by the OP. Instead it is the usual stutter-stepping, bobbing, and weaving, in any direction available other than that of reality.
Actually as I pointed out above there is a picture ID system that would be perfectly acceptable...but the right is not interested as it could not be used to suppress voting groups.

Picture ID in no way guarantees citizenship. Merely that they have a picture ID. Where voting irregularities have been found the illegal voters had picture ID. So if you really want to purge the voter rolls you would need a national ID card.

There are any number of steps that would vastly improve the voting protocol. Careful pruning of the voter roles is one. But you would need to spend some money to assure that the rolls were correct not simply pruned of "undesirable" voters. These systemic improvements seem to have no charm to the right. I wonder why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 10:15 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Required id to join the protest but not needed to vote .
Liberals are getting sillier more racist and forever hypocritocal
The right to participate in a public election is much different than being allowed to participate in an activity run by a non-government entity. I could vote with my non-picture voter ID in Arlington County but getting into a bar later that night a business owner could require me to show picture ID to be let in.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:27 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The right to participate in a public election is much different than being allowed to participate in an activity run by a non-government entity. I could vote with my non-picture voter ID in Arlington County but getting into a bar later that night a business owner could require me to show picture ID to be let in.
SO the lefties are having a rally against voter id but demand an id to protest. Hypocrisy at its greatest

Old 02-09-2014, 10:30 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
SO the lefties are having a rally against voter id but demand an id to protest. Hypocrisy at its greatest
Only to someone who does not understand the difference in public rights vs the rights of private non-govt entities.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:26 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
NV Secretary of State proposed a photo ID system that everyone can agree to. Have DMV photo equipment at each polling place and take a picture of anyone who shows up to vote without a DMV ID.

After an election or two virtually everyone is in the system. And no one is ever turned down.

NV legislature voted it down as it costs money and they did not believe there was a problem that needed fixing. But you from states who want a fix...here is a way that nobody would object to...

I won't hold my breath though. This version lets everyone vote...
I don't see what this would accomplish, other than to make a pile of money for whatever contractor supplies the DMV photo machines. Is the idea to run the photos through facial recognition software to make sure nobody votes twice, or what? What is taking the picture of a voter exactly supposed to accomplish? And since there is already DMV photo equipment at the DMV office, why can't people who want to vote utilized said DMV office to get their photo taken?

Old 02-09-2014, 12:49 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Election Fraud is a much bigger issue. Voter ID will not fix election fraud. Which is why you hear so much about it and next to nothing about election fraud.

Goldman Sachs US election investment

Old 02-09-2014, 01:16 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I don't see what this would accomplish, other than to make a pile of money for whatever contractor supplies the DMV photo machines. Is the idea to run the photos through facial recognition software to make sure nobody votes twice, or what? What is taking the picture of a voter exactly supposed to accomplish? And since there is already DMV photo equipment at the DMV office, why can't people who want to vote utilized said DMV office to get their photo taken?
It says every voter record has a signature and a photograph. It is well known that the DMVs have been working on face mapping for a long time so yes it would be possible to check for the same face appearing multiple places...but that is an added advantage over mere photo ID, which is only checked for an ID card with a photo that resembles the voter.

The cost of the equipment is close to negligible. The costs would more be in the software to get the voter rolls and the DMV systems congruent. That is a thing that needs to happen with any form of voter ID.

The objections all appear to be that it would have no need for anyone to go to the DMV and stand in line for an ID.

And if you are skeptical about a given voter you have a picture as well as the signature and voter data to use in a back check.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:56 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
There are various ways to commit voter fraud. One easy way is to use a fake name -- e.g. someone you know has moved but still is on the voter rolls, or of a deceased person whose name hasn't been removed yet. Picture ID would prevent that. Google "dead voters" then note how often Democrats are the culprits.

It is tragic that Attorney General Holder and the Obama Administration's Justice Department apparently continue to place party politics ahead of the integrity of the country's elections by turning a blind eye to voter fraud in states such as Illinois, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, while persistently obstructing state and local efforts to combat corruption in places such as Georgia, South Carolina, and Texas.

Election fraud is another name for disenfranchisement – and it's a felony, not a punch line. Regrettably, the Justice Department seems to be in on the joke.

Voter Fraud is Real: Why the Voting Rights Act Should Be Used to Fight Election Fraud

Old 02-09-2014, 06:22 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Liberals don't want voter ID because it limits their base to one vote.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:33 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,869 times
Quote:
Quote:
Only to someone who does not understand the difference in public rights vs the rights of private non-govt entities.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies