Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 03:32 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,965,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Not really. That's not how science works and is a tactic used by the ignorant. Hansen is not the final arbiter, just like Newton, Einstein, and Darwin are not the final arbiters in their respective fields. Again, why do I care about Hansen?
This all started with Hansens testimony before Congress.

Quote:
Link or it did not happen.
Follow the lead of Seabass.

Quote:
That's been beaten to death and is simply not true. Hansen maybe an alarmist who opened his mouth too much but there's been evidence of dishonesty.
How else do you describe a scientist that claims that the facts are the facts but then refuses to release his work to come to those facts and other scientists have to work backwards to uncover his work?

Again, all of these people that the believers are now dismissing were once those we were told we must listen to as it's all been peer reviewed and 97% of the scientists agree with it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 03:50 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,337,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I really believe these Global Warming moonbats have found their calling. They should become used car salesman.
Get back to us when you can tell us your excuse for believing the earth is less than 10,000 years old.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:36 AM

33,502 posts, read 37,021,963 times
Climate change news for the deniers and flat earthers on this thread.

Feb 9, 2014.....Climate change is likely to be a factor in the extreme weather that has hit much of the UK in recent months, the Met Office's chief scientist has said.

There is no evidence to counter the basic premise that a warmer world will lead to more intense daily and hourly rain events." More than 130 severe flood warnings - indicating a threat to life - have been issued since December. In contrast, there were only nine in the whole of 2012. BBC News - Met Office: Evidence 'suggests climate change link to storms'

Feb. 10 2014....California plans to extend its suite of ambitious and controversial carbon reduction programs beyond 2020, saying the results to date show the state can grow its economy while fighting climate change. California vows to press ahead with climate change programs | Reuters

Feb. 10 2014......The presidents of the United States and France have called for a global pact to fight climate change in a joint op-ed published on Monday, the first day of a visit to Washington by French leader Francois Hollande. Obama, Hollande call for ambitious global climate change deal | Reuters

Feb. 10 2014....In his recent letter, Jim Maas cited a single climate scientist far outside the mainstream on this issue. If that individual is right and all the data we are currently receiving on human-caused climate change is wrong, then we have nothing to worry about.
If, however, up to 99 percent of the world’s climate scientists are right and still we do nothing to respond to the climate crisis that has already begun, then our children and succeeding generations will face a catastrophe of enormous proportions. http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/art...nclick_check=1

Fe9, 2014...The Arctic is melting: by 2100, under a business-as-usual scenario, Arctic average temperatures are predicted to rise by up to 11C. Glaciers in the northern hemisphere are, in most cases, in retreat. Since ice – which reflects sunlight back into space – is part of the planet's insulation system, that too will feed back into rising temperatures. Climate change: Weather of Olympian extremes | Editorial | Comment is free | The Guardian

Feb. 11 2014...More than 50 communities on the Welsh coast face being abandoned within decades as climate change takes its toll, a TV programme has discovered. More than 50 Welsh communities 'face being abandoned' due to climate change - Wales Online

Old 02-11-2014, 04:39 AM

A decade ago the same thing was said about now. Actually over a decade ago it was said that if drastic actions weren't taken right then that we would be at the point of no return by now.

Meh, if you are at that point, party on.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
A decade ago the same thing was said about now. Actually over a decade ago it was said that if drastic actions weren't taken right then that we would be at the point of no return by now.

Meh, if you are at that point, party on.
You are just making stuff up...Nobody said ten years ago that these effects would be felt now....They were saying somewhere around 2050....Prove me wrong...

Old 02-11-2014, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are just making stuff up...Nobody said ten years ago that these effects would be felt now....They were saying somewhere around 2050....Prove me wrong...
On my phone right now so I'll have to get it later but it shouldn't be difficult to be found. The argument has never changed.

Not too difficult to find all the predictions for more and more massive storms every year that never came true also. When one bad one would hit as they always have the doom and gloomers would warn us that it was punishment for not repenting our evil ways and pay more taxes to the supreme being.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:26 AM

46,186 posts, read 26,914,971 times
Quote:
5 years ago, al gore said the polar ice caps would be gone by now.....

My link is in this thread....

Old 02-11-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
5 years ago, al gore said the polar ice caps would be gone by now.....

My link is in this thread....
Yeah right, and Gore is a climate scientist? I have no idea why you flat earth people always bring up Al Gore...You guys are just like the young earth creationists who keep bringing up Darwin...Tell me which scientists claimed that the poles would be ice free by now....

Old 02-11-2014, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
On my phone right now so I'll have to get it later but it shouldn't be difficult to be found. The argument has never changed.

Not too difficult to find all the predictions for more and more massive storms every year that never came true also. When one bad one would hit as they always have the doom and gloomers would warn us that it was punishment for not repenting our evil ways and pay more taxes to the supreme being.
Are you telling me that there have been no massive storms in the last decade...

Old 02-11-2014, 06:42 AM

46,186 posts, read 26,914,971 times
Quote:
Yeah right, and Gore is a climate scientist? I have no idea why you flat earth people always bring up Al Gore...You guys are just like the young earth creationists who keep bringing up Darwin...Tell me which scientists claimed that the poles would be ice free by now....
Are you saying al gore is not a leading figure head in global warming?

Whether or not a scientist stated this, people such as you believe him.

However, saying al is NOT a major figure head in global warming, would be a lie.

Again, are you saying that al did not say that? If he is not a scientist, what gave him the right to tell this to his followers at that convention?

What gave him the right to make the movie....

Or, are you saying people just don't beleive him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies