Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 08:49 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christelyn324 View Post
I don't understand why anyone would let their sexuality define them. I'm sorry, but being homosexual or heterosexual is not who someone is. Your character is what defines you. Unfortunately, many people have lost the ability to utilize critical thinking skills. Homosexuality adds no value, so at the end of the day, why celebrate a man who declares he enjoys sleeping with men?
Are you married? Do you ever mention to anyone that you are married? If so, you have come out as straight, defined yourself as heterosexual and identified that you enjoy sleeping with men.

BTW, What value do you add to society?

Old 02-10-2014, 08:53 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
Here is what I found funny: I've been listening to conservative radio all day today. Most every commentator made a statement like "why is he making his sexuality public? Why is the liberal media making such a big deal about this? Why is this receiving so much coverage? Etc...." Then each radio pundit when on to devote at least 1 to 2 hours discussing and rallying against his statement. So I did a little experiment, I watched MSNBC, the most liberal network in America, when I got home. They barely spent a few minutes on the story, and spent more time on the poll that puts Rand Paul as the new front runner, and of course, the Chris Christie scandal.

THEY'RE THE ONES giving it the most coverage, the conservative media are the ones obsessed by it. If it's so anathema to you, then ignore it. Hypocrites.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:53 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Well, it's evident that homosexuals and their backers want homosexuality to be viewed as normal and natural. A thinking person however has to ask, what value does it add, and why should it be encouraged, praised and celebrated?

It's one thing to simply ignore certain behaviors, but it's another thing all together to actively encourage and praise it, especially when it's known that homosexuals have the highest HIV/STD rates in the nation, and the highest suicide and mental health rates/problems as well. Why promote activities that do not lead to positive outcomes?
What is your problem with homosexuality? World wide more than 73% of new HIV victims are heterosexual. The reason that gays have had a higher suicide rate is because of the mental abuse from people like you all of their lives, including their supposedly loving and supportive parents and what do you suggest, discouraging gay people from existing? YOU CANNOT MAKE US GO AWAY, we come from you straight people most of the time, we are not a different species or from another planet, we are the same as you, just attracted to the same sex and sex is not a behavior, but being biased and hateful is.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:55 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
THEN BAN DIVORCE.
I think they are trying to just that in Kansas, per another thread here on City-data.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:58 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Actually he is being celebrated, since people are using the word "hero." But when I think of a hero, I think of someone (irrespective of who they choose to sleep with) who runs into a burning building to save another person, not an athlete who declares that he enjoys having sexual relationships with other men.

They are using words like "courageous" etc..........Ridiculous crap!! How about shrewd??

Because he want even in the top 100 ....but now his stock rose today! And if someone doesn't draft him, then he can scream discrimination..........

I am sick of this stuff.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:01 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Well, it's evident that homosexuals and their backers want homosexuality to be viewed as normal and natural. A thinking person however has to ask, what value does it add, and why should it be encouraged, praised and celebrated?

It's one thing to simply ignore certain behaviors, but it's another thing all together to actively encourage and praise it, especially when it's known that homosexuals have the highest HIV/STD rates in the nation, and the highest suicide and mental health rates/problems as well. Why promote activities that do not lead to positive outcomes?
No, a 'thinking person' wouldn't ask that, only a bigoted one.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Since when is out color and personal sex preferences?

This guy should have shut up and play and show what he can do....now he will come out....sorry for the wording...lol...and say it is discrimination if he isn't drafted!

Which in the end makes him the so called "winner" when it comes to publicity.

What will be next...him being in rehab since he was bullied or couldn't handle the coming out!

I'm so sick of it being about gay and race.

Btw how many gays who were so in favor of marriage have been divorced? Which made the lawyers be the biggest winners!
How many heteros who were so in favour of marriage have been divorced? What's your point?

Old 02-10-2014, 09:02 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Yes, this is true, but the point is, when most men and women (of reproductive age) have vaginal intercourse they can produce life. Homosexuals can never reproduce life with the same sex.
So what. Sterile people have sex without having children, and get this OLD people have sex, enjoy it and do not have kids from the sex, sex is not soley about procreation, sex is more for recreation for gay and straight people, they enjoy it. Sex is no longer the Victorian in the dark, once a month sex, just to procreate. It is you that is obsessed with the sex lives of people. If you hear that a straight man has a wife or girlfriend, do you automatically think about what kind of sex they have? If so, YOU NEED HELP

Old 02-10-2014, 09:08 PM

588 posts, read 1,014,905 times
Troll thread.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:10 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:

CNN) -- On Monday, NBA player Jason Collins disclosed that he is gay, making him
the first active openly homosexual athlete in the four major American pro team
sports.

His coming out has been the big
sports story of the week and has lots of people talking -- CNN contributor Will
Cain and Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe are no exception. Here's their
discussion:

Will Cain:
Chris, you, Brendon Ayanbadejo and Scott Fujita have done a noble job offering
support to closeted gay NFL players. If I played in the NFL -- preferably for
the Dallas Cowboys -- I would join you. A few months ago, you wrote a column on
CNN.com laying out your position. I could not have joined you on that. I think
you went too far when you said:

Players -- Those of you worried about a gay teammate checking out your ass in the shower, or hitting on you in the steam room, or bringing too much attention to the team -- I have four
simple words for you. Grow the f*** up.

I am a pro-gay marriage conservative. And I'm pretty damn confident in my sexuality. If we all get naked and go to brunch, I'm not going to be uncomfortable. But that's not a standard I
expect of everyone. Yet, all of sudden, this seems to be the standard.

Anyone uncomfortable sharing a locker room -- being naked -- with someone else who is potentially attracted to them is labeled "afraid of gay people," insecure or a homophobe. This is what happened to former NBA player Larry Johnson this week when he tweeted:

I don't Jason Collins personally but he seems like a great guy. Me personally gay men in the locked room would make me uncomfortable .

I think we're asking too much. Johnson's discomfort isn't illogical. And I bet he's hardly the only one who feels this way.

Chris Kluwe: I would counter that with this -- there was a time when white men were
uncomfortable showering with black men, or having them in the locker room. But
as long as someone respects your personal space and doesn't harass you
(verbally, physically or sexually), I fail to see what their sexuality, religion, race or personal beliefs have to do with any comfort or discomfort you might feel.

Will Cain

Will: I don't think the black people-white people analogy is a good parallel. That was
discomfort driven by racism. This is discomfort driven by potential sexual attraction. The better analogy is gender. Why do we have separate bathrooms for
men and women?
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/02/opinio...ay-player-nfl/

Everybody they put a mic in front of keep saying they support him. "All my teammates" are cool with it" , he says. Really?? ALL OF THEM??

Is anyone even free to say they don't want to share a locker room with a man who is attracted to other men??

And why is that man made to feel like it's wrong for him to be uncomfortable?? Women are attracted to men also. Why do men and women have separate locker rooms in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies