Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 07:16 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
I would have had no problem with a drone taking out McVeigh - though some of my right wing friends might disagree. The others are pretty much just successful criminals. A different class.

And you know we might even have saved a lot of money if we just whacked ole McVeigh with a 250K drone rather than the millions it took to take him out.
Sad. Without the benefit of due process Richard Jewell would have been taken out also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 07:22 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
But that is what you are asking for here.

An investigation is not enough.....a conviction is required.

OBL was not an American citizen. They could have finished the trial by now and not have had to have bothered with the debate over what to do.

I do not know why I have to repeat myself over and over. He can be tried in a military court just like we did with the Lincoln conspirators. I am the one looking at the big picture, not you.

The media and the government found Manning guilty of treason which is punishable by death but a court found otherwise.

So far you are the only one arguing that. You are agreeing with me though that the government does get it wrong. Despite expensive trials and investigations they convict the wrong person.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. We are not discussing you.
No, a conviction IS NOT required. There is no law, no nothing which says so. You just want it that way, to satisfy some self assured issue.

The issue about OBL was a statement. This person has been investigated; probably more so then your average everyday criminal. Yes, I trust the government to bomb this waste of oxygen, if they believe he has aided terrorists. I don't care if he is a US Citizen or any other citizen.

I don't care about a military court. I could care less. Just because you want your little feelings kept in line; I DON'T CARE. Neither do the majority of Americans. The waste of oxygen deserves to die. ENDEX.

Nope, nothing to do with "me." Just illustrating how you tin foil hat wearer's always say "well, one day it will be you." When? NEVER is the reply. NEVER. I've been an outspoken, VOCAL anti supporter of Obama. Guess what? My voice mail isn't hacked, the FBI doesn't follow me, and I've not been audited by the IRS.

So, how about you try again? This time without your tin foil on? Bottom line, IT left the country and is with terrorists. IT needs to die. IT has NO socially redeeming value. NONE, whatsoever, except to die.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
No, a conviction IS NOT required. There is no law, no nothing which says so. You just want it that way, to satisfy some self assured issue.
The Constitution does indeed say it's so. Christ what do you think this entire country has been about?

Quote:
The issue about OBL was a statement. This person has been investigated; probably more so then your average everyday criminal. Yes, I trust the government to bomb this waste of oxygen, if they believe he has aided terrorists. I don't care if he is a US Citizen or any other citizen.

I don't care about a military court. I could care less. Just because you want your little feelings kept in line; I DON'T CARE. Neither do the majority of Americans. The waste of oxygen deserves to die. ENDEX.

Nope, nothing to do with "me." Just illustrating how you tin foil hat wearer's always say "well, one day it will be you." When? NEVER is the reply. NEVER. I've been an outspoken, VOCAL anti supporter of Obama. Guess what? My voice mail isn't hacked, the FBI doesn't follow me, and I've not been audited by the IRS.

So, how about you try again? This time without your tin foil on? Bottom line, IT left the country and is with terrorists. IT needs to die. IT has NO socially redeeming value. NONE, whatsoever, except to die.
Well I tried, your strawmen and ad hominems show you have no argument.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:46 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I don't know enough of his case to claim guilt or innocence, but I will comment on due process.

Under the Constitution, he is allowed to confront his accusers and to defend against the charges. That means comming back to America if a warrant is issued.

If he fails to obey the warrant and defend against the charges leveled, he can be tried and convicted in absentia.
You forget he can do whatever he wants..

Old 02-11-2014, 07:52 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Sad. Without the benefit of due process Richard Jewell would have been taken out also.
Sorry? Are you suggesting that Jewell took up arms against the US? You really that bad at understanding how this works? You think they had problems laying hands on Jewell who was in US law enforcement?

There are hundreds of people who go through what Jewell did with far worse results. He was not minority hence got the benefit of a doubt. But check the Innocence Project. There are lots of Jewells.

That however is irrelevant to this discussion.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Sorry? Are you suggesting that Jewell took up arms against the US? You really that bad at understanding how this works? You think they had problems laying hands on Jewell who was in US law enforcement?

There are hundreds of people who go through what Jewell did with far worse results. He was not minority hence got the benefit of a doubt. But check the Innocence Project. There are lots of Jewells.

Please do not interject common sense into this discussion. Jewell's case and this are totally different. I agree, you agree, and the powers that be agree.

However, because some "radicals" who do not agree with government and/or Obama don't agree, they speak out and are totally wrong.

He made his bed, let him lie and for that matter, DIE in it. I won't shed a tear and moreover, I'll celebrate the treasonous cowards death.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Sorry? Are you suggesting that Jewell took up arms against the US?
Nowhere does it state in the Constitution what crimes you are afforded due process and which ones you aren't but yes, Jewell was accused of being a terrorist.

Quote:
You really that bad at understanding how this works? You think they had problems laying hands on Jewell who was in US law enforcement?
It's irrelevant. They do not have to lay hands on anyone to try them.

Quote:

No it is not. You have no idea whether the person in question is guilty of anything or not. Once again, the government claimed Manning was guilty of treason.

Our rights are not afforded to only people you like.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Please do not interject common sense into this discussion. Jewell's case and this are totally different. I agree, you agree, and the powers that be agree.

However, because some "radicals" who do not agree with government and/or Obama don't agree, they speak out and are totally wrong.

He made his bed, let him lie and for that matter, DIE in it. I won't shed a tear and moreover, I'll celebrate the treasonous cowards death.
You have no clue whether or not this person has done anything wrong or not. None.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
You have no clue whether or not this person has done anything wrong or not. None.
And neither do you. You are defending an "unknown." Without reason. As of now, unless some other information comes out, I'll believe the government. NOT you.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:03 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Nowhere does it state in the Constitution what crimes you are afforded due process and which ones you aren't but yes, Jewell was accused of being a terrorist.

It's irrelevant. They do not have to lay hands on anyone to try them.

No it is not. You have no idea whether the person in question is guilty of anything or not. Once again, the government claimed Manning was guilty of treason.

Our rights are not afforded to only people you like.
And you continue to miss it. "Guilt" is not an issue. That is a criminality term.

And possession of the body is in fact important. One who is easily in US custody is in a very different status than one who is not.

The issue is participating in a military action against the US. And we don't try those guys. We kill them.

The other choice is discontinue the US military. See how that flies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies