Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 09:39 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
If you light your cigarette next to me indoors....
If I light a cigarette next to you indoors that means you have willingly entered a place that allows smoking, you have already made your choice. Are you incapable of making your own decisions?

Old 02-12-2014, 09:50 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Which you completely avoided answering. You should be a politician.

In that case the bar owner needs to consider whether or not he wants to cater to the smoking or non smoking crowd. The market will dictate the ratio.
They can whine all they want, it's when they try and make a law requiring that all bars allow smoking you should have a complaint.
Well I disagree with you.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If I light a cigarette next to you indoors that means you have willingly entered a place that allows smoking, you have already made your choice. Are you incapable of making your own decisions?
So I should not go to any place that might allow smoking? Sounds like you have taken away my choice of places to go to satisfy your addiction that you can easily do outside.

I still remember when the smoking ban when into effect in Oregon, there was this bar I use to go to with friends and I would have to leave after my first beer because the smoke was so bad that it irritated my sinuses. Once the ban went into effect, I was more than happy to stay and close the bar drinking pitchers with my friends who didn't have any problem walking outside for a couple minutes from time to time to suck down a cigarette and chat with a few other smokers that were also outside.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:56 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,707 times
Quote:
Well I disagree with you.
So you're saying you're incapable of making your own decisions? You;re saying that if you have choice between going to a smoking or non smoking bar, you'd walk into a the smoking bar and would demand that everyone should stop smoking because of you?

The fact that you can not articulate a reasonable supporting argument and the fact that we have no problem at all when it comes to responding to any and all of your comments and questions, yet you have to dodge ours proves that you already lost this argument lol. You got nothing...

Old 02-12-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
It's a dumb question because you do not want to answer it lol. Yet you turn around and ask me a simular question. How about I answer your question if you answer mine? Deal?

Here's me answering your question. You said

Then tough for them. Who cares if they complain. All I care about is that everyone has choices. In your case, the smoker should either carry their behinds to a bar that allows smoking or S.T.F.U. about it and not smoke. The same should go for people like you in bars that allow smoking. Now you answer my question:

If there are several bars in town, only one bar wants to allows smoking, and the customers who go to that bar want to smoke or have no problem with second hand smoke, please explain why you believe that you and others have the right to "make this your problem?"
Who says the smoker can't smoke? They are more than welcome to step outside when they need to fix their addiction, I also have no problem when bars offer patios for smokers to smoke and drink. Many smokers seemed to enjoy doing that.

People shouldn't be smoking inside businesses, period. There is a place for cigarette smoke and it isn't inside businesses. Also, who has no problem with second hand smoke? Unless they themselves are smokers.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Who says the smoker can't smoke? They are more than welcome to step outside when they need to fix their addiction, I also have no problem when bars offer patios for smokers to smoke and drink. Many smokers seemed to enjoy doing that.

People shouldn't be smoking inside businesses, period. There is a place for cigarette smoke and it isn't inside businesses. Also, who has no problem with second hand smoke? Unless they themselves are smokers.
Stop being a coward and answer my question. I answered yours did I not?

Quote:
If there are several bars in town, only one bar wants to allows smoking, and the customers who go to that bar want to smoke or have no problem with second hand smoke, please explain why you believe that you and others have the right to "make this your problem?"

Old 02-12-2014, 10:00 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
There's always someone who wants to live in a nanny state. The government should not have the ability to restrict freedom.

I'm a former smoker who never smoked in a restaurant or around anyone who didn't smoke. I thought it was respectful to consider those who didn't smoke. If I wanted to smoke, I would go outside even in the freezing cold. Unfortunately, I was in the minority because most smokers didn't seem to care. Even being a smoker, I hated eating while others smoked around me. How is their freedom being restricted. You can smoke, just go outside. How is this a problem. Why do those that don't smoke have to put up with this inside.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
So you're saying you're incapable of making your own decisions? You;re saying that if you have choice between going to a smoking or non smoking bar, you'd walk into a the smoking bar and would demand that everyone should stop smoking because of you?

The fact that you can not articulate a reasonable supporting argument and the fact that we have no problem at all when it comes to responding to any and all of your comments and questions, yet you have to dodge ours proves that you already lost this argument lol. You got nothing...
When I said I disagree with him, I was making my own decision, how was that too hard for you to comprehend?

I don't need to demand everyone to stop smoking, a smoking ban does that for me, and I am happy for those smoking bans.

Actually I don't care if you don't like the reason why I don't like cigarette smoke and don't want it indoors. How can I lose an argument that I am not even having. You seem to think that you should have the freedom to smoke wherever you want and I said no you don't, you aren't going to change my opinion, nor are you going to change any laws, so enjoy smoking outside when you go drinking just like you have to wait until you get out of the airport to smoke again. No longer can you fire up a cancer stick while enjoying a long flight.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
That should be up to the business owner and their customers. Funny how you're being two faced. On one hand you say it's not your problem, and then on the other you make something that by your very own words shouldn't be your problem, your problem. Second, I and my wife have no problem being around second hand smoke, and I do not smoke. I know many others who are the same way. That's an irreverent issue anyway because if you do not want to be aroung second hand smoke, then go to a smoke free bar.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Stop being a coward and answer my question. I answered yours did I not?
Answer: People shouldn't be smoking inside businesses, period. There is a place for cigarette smoke and it isn't inside businesses. Also, who has no problem with second hand smoke? Unless they themselves are smokers.

I thought you would be able to understand that was my answer without needing to put "answer" in front of it, my mistake on that assumption, it will never happen again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies