Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 11:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
And which legislation would that be?

You cons are the ones who want to cut benefits, freeze wages, and increase taxes on the poor. How does that help them exactly?
Well take a look at what liberal California actually did.
They are not better off due to liberal policies that were put in place over the course of decades.
The wage and income gap grew larger because of it.

What you DID did not help them.
So now what ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 11:46 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,456,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well take a look at what liberal California actually did.
They are not better off due to liberal policies that were put in place over the course of decades.
The wage and income gap grew larger because of it.

What you DID did not help them.
So now what ?
So you're saying it's a bad thing that California has huge numbers of extremely wealthy people.

Why do you hate success?

Old 02-11-2014, 11:58 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,408,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Yep, diversity over intelligence.
"Whites Only" - right-wingers

Old 02-11-2014, 12:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
CA used to have the best education years ago.
Pretty sad how they have changed over the years.
They still do. Depends on the district.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
So you're saying it's a bad thing that California has huge numbers of extremely wealthy people.

Why do you hate success?
I'm still trying to figure out this anti California hatred by these flyover country conservatives in craphole states.

Guess I'd be angry too if I was stuck in Oklahoma or Mississippi. Lol

Old 02-11-2014, 12:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:

Why do you hate success?
LOL..I guess the tables turn when they want to be turned.

Don't cry about an increasing income gap if you want to celebrate success.

That's all I'm saying.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:18 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,003,408 times
These attacks on CA are so stupid. Yes the state is pretty unequal but that's not because of the states progressive policies. The state would be in WORSE shape without them. The financial crash of 07-08 made the situation worse for CA.

Los Angeles is very unequal with I believe 12% unemployment! Its rich or poor but since living here I've noticed that for those stats I'm surprised the city hasn't turned into a hellfire mad max type of place with violence and extremely high crime like Detroit or Camden.

It's because LA provides a lot of assistance to people and there many agencies to help alleviate unemployment, health issues and housing.

Without those things this place would be a complete disaster.

What really grinds my gears is that conservatives have created this fake showdown match between TX and CA. It's as though Texas has beaten the state as far as sound economic policy when there's more to it than that. Texas is a unique state with ample flat land ripe for development, it experienced a massive population boom and has a very diverse economy with several sectors from ports, oil, energy, real estate, construction, medical, etc. These are things that can't really be replicated. Also Texas has no social safety net quite the size of CA so it spends less on health, education, social services and infrastructure than CA which means it takes in less in taxes. But Texas is one if the worst states for a multitude of things concerning quality of life; health, educational spending, social services.

I just don't get why CA is the whipping boy against progressive policies? The state is still miles apart better than states that are in an upswing like Texas. It's just that conservatives who attack are just looking for their slice of the economic pie and could care less about pitching in to provide for their states and fellow residents quality of life.

Desertdetroiter is right on point. The people attacking CA proly live in crap states like Mississippi or Louisiana where the quality of life is pi$ $ poor. California is still a jewel of a state and is bar far the most innovative creative eclectic and beautiful state. By a mile!

Old 02-11-2014, 12:30 PM

1,855 posts, read 3,608,033 times
Texas has little room to brag, honestly speaking. With the exception of Austin, and maybe San Antonio and a very few other places, it is mostly a backwards, myopic, and parochial sinkhole. It has a crappy educational system, poor paying jobs and an abysmal environmental record. I spent over half my life there and couldn't wait to leave. Some parts of Texas are bearable, but these are few and far between.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:37 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,456,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Los Angeles is very unequal with I believe 12% unemployment!
The whole income inequality issue is playing out in microcosm here in San Francisco too, though our unemployment rate is somewhere around 5.5% these days. Much of the middle class has already fled to more affordable suburbs; among the policies enabling the few remaining middle-income earners to stay here is rent control, which of course is anathema to conservatives. Getting rid of it might help to tame the wildly overinflated housing market in the long term, but in the short term it would force what's left of SF's middle class to leave The City -- thus creating more income inequality.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:46 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm still trying to figure out this anti California hatred by these flyover country conservatives in craphole states.

Guess I'd be angry too if I was stuck in Oklahoma or Mississippi. Lol
I'm the OP and I'm from the metro NY area.

So nice try.

Btw, why all the bigotry towards other states?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies