Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Blacks have to be blind as bats. Voting for liberal elected officials has not helped blacks at all. It keeps blacks dependent.

Blacks need to accept and practice conservative values that promote independence and no government involvement.

Blacks cannot see the light. It's like dealing with very stubborn mules. No matter how much evidence is presented( the conditions of urban blacks communities) blacks will keep voting liberal. Blacks will vote themselves back into slavery.

I'm proud to be a black CONSERVATIVE. Blacks would do much better in this country be practicing conservative values. Blacks are too liberal and it hurts more than helps.
The Majority of African Americans in this nation live in states governed by Conservatives.

Florida(2) 2,999,862
Texas(3) 2,979,598
Georgia(4) 2,950,435
North Carolina (6) 2,048,628
Louisiana (10) 1,452,396
Ohio (11)1,407,681
Michigan (12) 1,400,362
Pennsylvania (13) 1,377,689
South Carolina (14) 1,290,684
Alabama (15)1,251,311
Mississippi(17)1,074,200
Tennessee (18) 1,055,689
Missouri (19) 704,043
Indiana(20) 591,397

in total the 24 states with republican of the Governorship and both Houses of Legislature(or one in the Case of Nebraska) equals about 25 million.

In comparison, there are only about 42 million African Americans in this nation. In other words, Conservatives and Republicans govern 59% of African Americans.

Your argument is flawed based on your own original premise.

It doesnt matter who African Americans vote for, their states electoral college still goes to the Republican candidate in Presidential elections with the exception of Florida, Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania. And on a State Level, republicans still control it as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Beyonce and Jay z are the role models for many wayward black children/young adults, is there any wonder why so many are messed up and confused?
Your comment makes no sense, Jay Z and Beyonce are married and have no outside children, they are both financially successful as individuals and as a couple, they both have founded charities and maintain scholarship programs that allow children from bad childhood or just financial instability to be able to go to college, both have life time achievement awards outside of their music, for god's sake, Jay Z has a United Nations Humanitarian award for his work in Africa. He and the Artist under him held a concert in Madison square where all proceeds went to the Widows of 9/11.

You chose to make an argument, now back it up.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
What do JayZ or Beyonce have to do with anything? They are business man and woman who work their way up to the top. JayZ didn't waste all his money on women and fancy cars. He ventured out into the clothing industry, he was a CEO of his own record label and then of Def Jams, and now he runs several other businesses including investments in sports teams. He's married and they're raising a child together. Neither of them have been in the head lines for behaving badly during their long careers...
That monster Jay Z

Jay-Z - 2014 GRAMMY Winner Best Rap / Sung Collaboration - YouTube

Old 02-12-2014, 09:09 AM

72,977 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The Majority of African Americans in this nation live in states governed by Conservatives.

Florida(2) 2,999,862
Texas(3) 2,979,598
Georgia(4) 2,950,435
North Carolina (6) 2,048,628
Louisiana (10) 1,452,396
Ohio (11)1,407,681
Michigan (12) 1,400,362
Pennsylvania (13) 1,377,689
South Carolina (14) 1,290,684
Alabama (15)1,251,311
Mississippi(17)1,074,200
Tennessee (18) 1,055,689
Missouri (19) 704,043
Indiana(20) 591,397

in total the 24 states with republican of the Governorship and both Houses of Legislature(or one in the Case of Nebraska) equals about 25 million.

In comparison, there are only about 42 million African Americans in this nation. In other words, Conservatives and Republicans govern 59% of African Americans.

Your argument is flawed based on your own original premise.

It doesnt matter who African Americans vote for, their states electoral college still goes to the Republican candidate in Presidential elections with the exception of Florida, Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania. And on a State Level, republicans still control it as well.
That is what I have been trying to say this whole time. Who Blacks vote for has nothing to do with this. It doesn't matter. Jews tend to be very liberal and do very well in this nation. The states where Jews are the most numerous tend to be in Democrat states, such as New York, California, Illinois, Maryland, Florida, and Pennsylvania.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:11 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Obama was initially resisted by black leaders they were correct to do so
U were promised Cadillacs u were given skate boards and called his sons
Your chances of dating his daughters are slim

Old 02-12-2014, 09:13 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Does that include the liberals who fought and died for this country?

Exactly what fundamentals of the Constitution are we talking about, here? List and explain, showing examples.

And as for morals, that's taught by the parents. If you think your kids are in danger of immorality, then your parental skills are lacking.

No, liberals haven't destroyed anything, except in the minds of ultra partisan hacks who want to blame someone else for their own problems. Ultra partisanship has done more damage to the US than any one side of this stupid political battle.

So, please take your anti-liberal meme and fertilize your garden with it. It has more value there.
So very true.

Everything is a battle. Generational, political, economical;.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
70-75% of black babies are now born out of wedlock. That's the problem in a nutshell. I'm not speaking from a religious or moral standpoint, just speaking pragmatically. The 'achievement gap' is directly related to single parent homes & poverty. With 70-75% of black babies being born out of wedlock/single parent homes, it bodes ominously for these children academically. Correlated to that statistic is the fact that with great frequency these households are also living in poverty (conversely only 8% of married black families live in poverty & that's been steady for over 20 years.).

Being born out of wedlock and being from a single family house hold is not one in the same.

Just as you do not have to be married to conceive a child, also means you dont have to be married to take care of it.

It would be nice if some group actually found the number of single parent black homes.

further more, That obviously isnt the problem, as there are actually more white children born out of wedlock each year than there are black .

Old 02-12-2014, 09:28 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
We'll when you have nothing constructive to add, why on Earth would anyone want to hear what you have to say? I'm Black, I'm liberal and I have earned and worked for everything I have. I pay taxes. Yet you assume that I am liberal because you think I'm dependent on the government or want a handout With all of the insults in the OP, why would you wonder why Blacks aren't interested in even listening to people like you? You can be a proud Black Conservative, and I can be a proud Black Liberal, without you insulting me or implying that I'm ignorant because I don't share your beliefs. That's a major problem with Conservatives. Do you assume every Asian, Jew, Latino and Arab that bit Democrat do so because they have a victim mentality as well? You don't gain votes by telling people they're ignorant and lazy.

With regards to "fixing" Blacks, it won't happen as long as institutional racism exists. It isn't about people not being held accountable for their actions, but if you want INDIVIDUAL responsibility, understand that people are individuals and stop making deconstructive generalizations about Black people. The majority of Black people are not criminals and welfare recipients, but if you feel the need to point out that there are more Blacks in prison than Whites, or more convicted of certain crimes, be sure to point out that we are more likely to receive harsher sentences for the same crime, and more likely to be arrested because we are more likely to be stopped and searched. Don't forget to point out that we are still more likely to be discriminated against for housing and employment. This hasn't changed yet. It has always been this way in this country, before so much Black on Black crime was a factor and before so many Back children were born out of wedlock. You want the effect to go away but you're okay with the cause.

Lets not pretend that the Black experience in this country has been exactly the same as the European experience. Let's not pretend that the playing field has ever been leveled. Of course we are still feeling the effects of this. It isn't about excuses, but it is what it is. You say Black people have a victim mentality, yet we are constantly hearing that it is okay to discriminate against Blacks because so many Blacks commit crime. This is a double edged sword. Being racist and making idiotic blanket statements about Black people while calling Democrats racists isn't going to do anything for Republicans. If you get called an Uncle Tom, it isn't because if your party affiliation, it's because you sit Back like a lap dog allowing racists to spew nothing but negativity about your own race, while they pat you on the head and tell you you're a good boy and you allow it because you think you're different than all the other *******. They'll still pull their purses closer when they see you coming.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:31 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That has nothing to do with political parties. That has to do with making bad choices and/or continuing a cycle. And consider this. How many of those couples who give birth to babies out of wedlock get married? Being born out of wedlock is not the same as growing up in a household where the parents aren't married.

Let me leave you with this. I'm in no condition to raise a child. I make it a personal choice not to have sex at all. I've made it to age 27 without having sex. I don't want to bring any child into this world unless I can take care of that child. That is my personal choice. My father encourages it too.
I disagree on the political party thing. When the majority of Black people are tied to a party that simply doesn't help them at all, it is about political allegiance. Again, I'm not a Republican & don't advocate that Blacks change allegiance to the GOP, I just don't think the Democrats give a damn about them either.

I do agree this is about bad choices & continuing a cycle. I applaud you for breaking this cycle. This is how it must happen. One person at a time taking responsibility for their own lives & being part of the solution.

I absolutely understand that being born out of wedlock is not the same as being raised in a single parent household. Sadly, I couldn't find any hard data on this & I'd love to see some data if you have some? What we do know factually is that almost 75% of Black babies are now born out of wedlock & that children raised in a single family household are at a huge disadvantage academically. I think a person would have to have their head in the sand to believe this is not a major correlation. Also, children living in poverty are at a great disadvantage academically & 48% of single, Black, female mothers live below the poverty line, while only 8% of married, Black households are in poverty. Again, it's not an all encompassing "smoking gun", but it certainly is a strong indicator of why there's such a gap in academic achievement & it's not as simple or convenient as "teachers are racist".

Old 02-12-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I disagree on the political party thing. When the majority of Black people are tied to a party that simply doesn't help them at all, it is about political allegiance. Again, I'm not a Republican & don't advocate that Blacks change allegiance to the GOP, I just don't think the Democrats give a damn about them either.

I do agree this is about bad choices & continuing a cycle. I applaud you for breaking this cycle. This is how it must happen. One person at a time taking responsibility for their own lives & being part of the solution.

I absolutely understand that being born out of wedlock is not the same as being raised in a single parent household. Sadly, I couldn't find any hard data on this & I'd love to see some data if you have some? What we do know factually is that almost 75% of Black babies are now born out of wedlock & that children raised in a single family household are at a huge disadvantage academically. I think a person would have to have their head in the sand to believe this is not a major correlation. Also, children living in poverty are at a great disadvantage academically & 48% of single, Black, female mothers live below the poverty line, while only 8% of married, Black households are in poverty. Again, it's not an all encompassing "smoking gun", but it certainly is a strong indicator of why there's such a gap in academic achievement & it's not as simple or convenient as "teachers are racist".
That is your belief, and no one can change that but you, but the problem with this thread and others like it is that the majority of African Americans, regardless of how they vote, will be governed by Republicans in their state, and there electoral vote will go to a Republican.

My point is, WHO African Americans vote for does not matter, we are still governed by those we vote against. My State Rep is a Republican, the last state senate election i voted in a Republican won( i phrased it that way because after reapportionment, my state senator is now a Democrat, but i never got the chance to vote for him), My county commissioner is a Republican, My local board of Education member is a republican, the mayor of the town i live near is a Republican, my US senator is a Republican, my US Rep is a Republican, my Governor is a Republican. I do not represent all black people, but a large chunk do share my experience, My vote means nothing because regarless of me voted Democratic in all those elections, Republicans won in a land slide in all but one( and that was still a 55-44 Republican win).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies