Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 02:55 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Who says the creation of a child has to be between the married couple? There is no law that says that is the only way to conceive a child. You wanna try again?
Point to me where I said that. It may not be law, but it is how society interprets it.
Quote:
Procreation has no legal tie to marriage, so you still have no reason to deny same sex marriage.
It doesn't have be a legal tie.
Quote:
No, that is a fact, marriage has zero to do with procreation. One doesn't have to have the ability to procreate to get married.
Not how most of society interprets it.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:56 PM

5,354 posts, read 5,129,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
This, of course why God created the Kracken... To punish them God hating recalcitrant miscegenationists who insist on boating or swimming in order to breed with people they shouldn't.
Are you a Latin major? Nice words

Old 02-12-2014, 02:57 PM

5,354 posts, read 5,129,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Point to me where I said that. It may not be law, but it is how society interprets it.

Not all societies do though. Just western ones. Look to my previous post if you want to see what laws all societies agree on.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:

You keep implying that the reason for marriage is child birth between the couple and I said that is legally false. What you think society interprets marriage to be doesn't matter when looking at what marriage legally is.

So again, what is the legal reason to deny same sex marriage?

Old 02-12-2014, 03:13 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Are you a Latin major? Nice words
No, a french lieutenant!

Old 02-12-2014, 03:18 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
I like you.
Really. Maybe we can get together... But first I need to know your sex, race, and shoe size.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
You keep implying that the reason for marriage is child birth between the couple and I said that is legally false. What you think society interprets marriage to be doesn't matter when looking at what marriage legally is.

So again, what is the legal reason to deny same sex marriage?
Well most do, I didn't say all if that means anything.

To answer your last question, look at my previous posts as to why people don't agree with SS marriage.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:23 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:

I'm not sure where you are getting, "most of society interprets it."

You do not have to be married in order to have children.

You do not have to have children if you are married.

It's not tied together. And given the falling marriage rates, the increasing single-parent homes, most of society clearly understands that marriage and procreation are not tied together.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm not sure where you are getting, "most of society interprets it."
Most married couples are heterosexual, yes?

Quote:
You do not have to be married in order to have children.

You do not have to have children if you are married.
Missing my point.

Quote:
It's not tied together. And given the falling marriage rates, the increasing single-parent homes, most of society clearly understands that marriage and procreation are not tied together.
Never said that either, however, it doesn't feel like the marriage rate is falling.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:31 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Most married couples are heterosexual, yes?

Missing my point.

Never said that either, however, it doesn't feel like the marriage rate is falling.
Your equating heterosexuality with a desire or need to procreate????

Because all heterosexuality is is a preference to have sex with members of the opposite sex. That's it.

Your point is nonsense.

And EVERY statistic shows that the marriage rate is falling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies