Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 09:09 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
If Gay Marriage becomes the law, then we will also see the definition redefined again to allow Polygamy and even incest Marriages. Mark my words, it will happen. And people will try to justify and make those things to be '' normal '' too.

This is why I want the Government out of Marriage, just drop it entirely and have '' Civil Contracts '' instead, to gay and straight. This way Marriage is protected by religious and private means.
I'm just wondering. What's wrong with polygamy and incest if they are between consenting adults?

Old 02-20-2014, 09:10 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Cool!
So if my son is disobedient, I'm allowed to take him to the city limits and stone him to death?
How do you come up with that from my post? That would be murder, would it not? But, there are some who advocate for the legality of "honor killing" in our country. They think we should accept Sharia Law (to accommodate the Muslim religion). But, we cannot have different sets of laws for different groups of people. That would be societal chaos, and suicide for this Republic.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:14 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
I'm just wondering. What's wrong with polygamy and incest if they are between consenting adults?
Are you kidding me? See this is the attitude I'm talking about. It's wrong, it's unnatural, it's harmful to society. Eventually though as we forget our morals we will allow such things and even accept them.

As the Bible says, what is good will be called bad and what is bad will be called good.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Nah, he eats platefuls of poutine on a regular basis. I think stoning would be much more effective, and sanctioned by God himself!
You don't know what you are talking about, and you certainly don't know what God does or does not sanction. Your ignorance is astounding. Your responses, childish.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Are you kidding me? See this is the attitude I'm talking about. It's wrong, it's unnatural, it's harmful to society. Eventually though as we forget our morals we will allow such things and even accept them.

As the Bible says, what is good will be called bad and what is bad will be called good.
Aside from it being "icky", can you tell me what's wrong with consenting adults entering a social contract?

Old 02-20-2014, 09:25 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Do you really think there's any real chance it won't be legal everywhere in the country within 5-10 years? If not, why are you continuing to make such a big deal out of it?

Who's making a big deal about it? I'd say it's the people who supposedly just wanted to "love who they love" and who, instead, have divulged their true agenda-- to get everyone else to accept it and have to conduct business with them.

Believe me, no one really cares what people are doing behind closed doors.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:28 AM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Who's making a big deal about it? I'd say it's the people who supposedly just wanted to "love who they love" and who, instead, have divulged their true agenda-- to get everyone else to accept it and have to conduct business with them.

"The agenda" isn't about getting people to accept it or not. The agenda is about having the same protections under the law you and I already have.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

History and the real world disagree with you.

Sodomy laws in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
As of February 2014, 17 states have not yet either formally repealed their laws, or else revised them to accurately reflect their true scope in the aftermath of Lawrence v. Texas. Often, the sodomy law was drafted to also encompass other forms of sexual conduct such as bestiality, and no attempt has subsequently succeeded in separating them. Ten states' statutes purport to ban all forms of sodomy (which may also include oral intercourse), regardless of the participants' genders: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Utah, and Virginia. Three states specifically target their statutes at same-sex relations: Oklahoma, Kansas[SIZE=2][13][/SIZE][SIZE=2][14][/SIZE] and Texas.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:45 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
So many posts in this thread from people saying it's wrong, goes against their beliefs, etc. And? Don't enter into a gay marriage then. Let other adults who do wish to do so, do so. What's the problem? Live your life and let others live theirs. Easy isn't it?

Old 02-20-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
All religion is man made.
That's your problem.

Quote:
I have jst as much right to my beliefs as you have to yours. It's even in the constitution. Do you honestly think the golden rule is only the christian bible?
What's in the Constitution is, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise there of."

You have a right to believe whatever you want. You also have a right to remain ignorant. Some people exercise this right by believing in Gaia or other false gods.

Yes, I'm aware that the so-called "Golden Rule" was a common ethical teaching, and was also taught by Jesus. (Matthew 7:12)

Quote:
YOUR god is not my god. Get over it.
This is obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies