Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 09:40 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Alabama has a history of racist beliefs on both sides.

I know this will cause heads to explode around here, but racism is not a political orientation no matter how much the Left, the Right, and 3/4 of P&C posters try to politicize it.
I agree with you.

As someone who disagrees with this President and his administration, I am a bit tired of the constant accusations of racism from people like the obvious racist Democrat politician featured in this thread. I have no doubt that this buffoon constantly accuses others of racism merely because they disagree with Obama.

And, as another poster stated well: the point here isn't that people of all political stripes make stupid statement, it's the obvious double standard in both reporting on those statements and holding the person who makes them accountable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 09:42 AM

Imagine the media uproar if a white state Republican assemblyman said he didn't like Michelle Obama because she's black. There would be nonstop national media coverage of the story.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:50 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Alabama has a history of racist beliefs on both sides.

I know this will cause heads to explode around here, but racism is not a political orientation no matter how much the Left, the Right, and 3/4 of P&C posters try to politicize it.
Alabama has a history of racism on BOTH sides?

Which two sides would that be? I don't remember a bomb ripping through a white church and killing 4 white girls.

I don't remember bombs going off in white Alabama neighborhoods.

I don't remember any dogs or fire hoses being turned on white Alabamans.

Haven't seen any photos of whites being lynched in Alabama with a black mob standing beneath them.

Did some white pastor write a Letter From a Birmingham Jail or have a black nemesis named Bull Connor?

Haven't seen a photo of thousands of whites crossing the Pettus Bridge marching for their civil rights and hoping like hell that they'll finish the march alive and in one piece.

Both sides? Nah...I don't think so.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Imagine the media uproar if a white state Republican assemblyman said he didn't like Michelle Obama because she's black. There would be nonstop national media coverage of the story.
Yeah...I can only imagine what furor you'd have in the media if Republican legislators actually said what they really think.

Frankly, I wish they would. I'm tired of reading between the lines. But I can understand why they don't. I wouldn't either with views like those.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:55 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Similar stuff? Half of the GOP thinks Obama was born in Kenya. They think finding a racist democrat absolves their entire party of racism? I think not.
Yup, more liberal garbage spewed, in an effort to make conservatives more racist than they are, and distract from the liberals who show their true colors.

Please show me ANY proof that supports your claim about half of the GOP thinking Obama was born in Kenya.

As for your painting the party with the broad brush of racism, I'll just chalk that up to being a sheep.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:06 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah...I can only imagine what furor you'd have in the media if Republican legislators actually said what they really think.
This is nothing more than a sad attempt at lashing out and demonizing other because you don't know what else to say.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:10 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Agreed, if a Republican would have made a statement like this, it would make headlines across the mainstream media and would have further warped the impression of conservatism.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:18 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Yup, more liberal garbage spewed, in an effort to make conservatives more racist than they are, and distract from the liberals who show their true colors.

Please show me ANY proof that supports your claim about half of the GOP thinking Obama was born in Kenya.

As for your painting the party with the broad brush of racism, I'll just chalk that up to being a sheep.
As per your request.
Poll: 51 percent of GOP primary voters think Obama born abroad - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Old 02-13-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is nothing more than a sad attempt at lashing out and demonizing other because you don't know what else to say.
Am I wrong though?

Old 02-13-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Am I wrong though?
Usually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies