Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2014, 06:40 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
No, Native Americans (or whatever the name of this place was before Amerigo Vespucci plastered his name all over the place) When Cortes landed, there wasn't a "Mexican" anywhere. There had been inhabitants at least back to a time when no civilization existed on the other side of the ocean. In time, Spaniards formed an upper class with the original inhabitants living as subject peoples. Fast forward, and they pick our crops, shingle our roofs, and butcher our meat. And makes babies like no one else. I see a long term process where by European immigrants could be slowly displaced.
Uh; can you post up a link saying that?

Mexico's population: When the niños run out | The Economist

FENCES, soldiers, infra-red cameras: the United States goes to great lengths to hold back the teeming masses across its southern border (see article). But the masses are teeming less. Mexico's birth rate, once among the world's highest, is in free-fall. In the 1960s Mexican mothers had nearly seven children each (whereas women in India then had fewer than six). The average now is just over two—almost the same as in the United States. The UN reckons that from 2040 the birth rate in Mexico will be the lower of the two.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:44 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Ever been to Coral Gables, FL? Affluent and majority Hispanic.
I'm 100 percent sure that ILLEGAL aliens ain't welcome to LIVE in Coral Gables, even Hispanic ones.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:02 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,488,691 times
Can someone remind me of the time when Italian immigrants were projected to become ~30% of the population, when German immigrants had help through political correctness, multiculturalism, and affirmative action. What about the Irish? Did they receive welfare at a higher rate like hispanics?

Old 02-13-2014, 07:07 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post

A Latino is simply a spanish speaking American. Sure, technically the USA stole the title of "American" but these Latinos are from "North American", "Central America" and "South America".
Come again? or... que demonios?

You go on a diatribe about how all Americans are Americans, and then say ^^^ that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
Can someone remind me of the time when Italian immigrants were projected to become ~30% of the population, when German immigrants had help through political correctness, multiculturalism, and affirmative action. What about the Irish? Did they receive welfare at a higher rate like hispanics?
Never! NO matter how progressives spin their truths, the fact is most illegals come here for the perks. It's not because they're beholding to the US. They want to become citizens to keep the perks, not because they love the country. These people are nothing like the legal immigrants of the 19th-20th centuries.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:11 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Florida? They are more than likely Cubans not Mexicans.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:17 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
Latino children to make up bigger share of population by 2050, study says

The USA is the land of immigrants and they have always been embraced to come to this country, if you have a problem with that, then don't read what is written at the base of the statue of liberty.

Why do so many Americans fear the fact that in 2050, the Latinos will dominate the demographics? What would be so bad if the star spangled banner would one day be sung in Spanish?

A Latino is simply a spanish speaking American. Sure, technically the USA stole the title of "American" but these Latinos are from "North American", "Central America" and "South America".

They are ALL Americans and the only difference is that they MOSTLY speak Spanish (of course except Brazil and Guyanas etc..).

One cannot say that all brown people are Latinos because in fact a Latino is a hybrid race and can be black, white, brown, asian.. you wont know the difference unless you ask.

I am an Iraq veteran and I strongly believe what is the big deal? Let them take over and make the USA better!
Its only a problem if they become republicans.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Fast forward, and they pick our crops, shingle our roofs, and butcher our meat. And makes babies like no one else. I see a long term process where by European immigrants could be slowly displaced.
See, that's the problem! Immigrants are supposed to assimilate, not displace.

I have African, Spanish Indian (that's Mexican), Italian, French and Slav ancestry - Now that's how assimilation works.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by silverkris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You beat me to it. And many Cubans don't like being called Hispanics, and being associated with Mexicans is an insult to them.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Originally Posted by silverkris

You beat me to it. And many Cubans don't like being called Hispanics, and being associated with Mexicans is an insult to them.
They're both Latinos, and that associates them with Mexicans whether they like it or not.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Does that make them better somehow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies