Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 05:40 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
But there's no way you could do it as efficiently and, uh, authoritatively as the government can!
Well, it was ONLY $160 million dollars. After working its way through the state bureaucracy there was probably enough funds to hire an intern working at minimum wage for a summer to write some emails about it and do some graphics.

You seem to forget this a blue state, and until you start spending billions, they consider such minor amounts of money as to not actually be an effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 05:55 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Actually there was some good QA going on, they just ignored the QA folks, and kept repeating "all is well". Meanwhile the QA guys were saying "uhmmmm no, you better have a fallback plan"

Their response "We have one, wont need it though" when in fact they had a rough draft of one-but needed a good one.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:00 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,356,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Right. They use the power of government to make it mandatory, and threaten penalties for anyone who doesn't obey.
Um, no. Not true for me. I needed the insurance and it's costing me about $300 LESS than the plan I had before for better coverage. Sorry to disappoint you but I was thrilled to be able to get signed up.

I had some emergency surgeries a few years ago, which had I not had the (very expensive) coverage I had would have probably cost me my home. All told it added up to over $90,000. So from then on I was more than happy to pay the premium. Now, under the ACA, I have better coverage at a lower rate. I do recognize it's not the same for everyone, but at least I am covered (WITH pre-existing conditions) and don't have to fear losing my home and savings if something catastrophic like that comes up again.

Don't knock it until you've walked down a hospital corridor in my slippers.

Last edited by sayulita; 02-13-2014 at 06:17 PM..

Old 02-13-2014, 06:18 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Um, no. Not true for me. I needed the insurance and it's costing me about $300 LESS than the plan I had before for better coverage. Sorry to disappoint you but I was thrilled to be able to get signed up.

I had some emergency surgeries a few years ago, which had I not had the (very expensive) coverage I had would have probably cost me my home. All told it added up to over $90,000. So from then on I was more than happy to pay the premium. Now, under the ACA, I have better coverage at a lower rate. I do recognize it's not the same for everyone, but at least I am covered (WITH pre-existing conditions) and don't have to fear losing my home and savings if something catastrophic like that comes up again.

Don't knock it until you've walked down a hospital corridor in my slippers.
I'm sure you'll be writing a thank you note to the medical devices community, young people and the well off for providing you with the slippers to dance all over their bodies with.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oregon is still signing up people, just doing it the old fashion way. I do hope they figure out what went wrong and go after those at fault for wasting the money that went into the website.
Nobody is going to hold Obama accountable and you know it.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nobody is going to hold Obama accountable and you know it.

Obama and accountable in the same line, now that is funny! This President does not know accountable if his own life depended on it

Our lovely government is so freaking caring aren't they?.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:37 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,069 times
Quote:
Right. They use the power of government to make it mandatory, and threaten penalties for anyone who doesn't obey.
Are you telling me I dont have to pay taxes anymore that Medicare, SS, and everything else is just a nightmare.? Oh you forgot the Tea Party depends on Medicare and SS.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:49 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Are you telling me I dont have to pay taxes anymore that Medicare, SS, and everything else is just a nightmare.? Oh you forgot the Tea Party depends on Medicare and SS.
1.) It takes an unusually sick, fanatical breed of liberal to point to a group of people who have had their savings and resources taken from them by force for year after year, and who are determined to get it back....

....and try to pretend that their desire to get at least some of it back, constitutes "approval" of the thefts in the first place!

(little borregokid has had this pointed out to him many times, but seems impervious to learning. He just abandons the thread, waits a few days for people to forget that his fibs have already been debunked, and then starts a new thread and presents the same thing again as "fact". He's been doing it for months now. See examples below)

2.) $25,455 handouts for the Tea Party..$3,822 for their grand children.

3.) http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2045617-why-do-rural-counties-america-vote-6.html#post33362255

4.) http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2040654-really-bad-government-control-healthcare-3.html#post33259327

5.) http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2035911-chuck-schumer-shows-ugly-face-liberalism-2.html#post33160455

6.) http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/1994502-would-obamacare-offficials-prosecuted-fed-govt-3.html#post32287125

Old 02-13-2014, 06:55 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Huh? You comment has nothing to do with what I said.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:55 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:

(little borregokid has had this pointed out to him many times, but seems impervious to learning. He just abandons the thread, waits a few days for people to forget that his fibs have already been debunked, and then starts a new thread and presents the same thing again as "fact". He's been doing it for months now. See examples below)

Another one of those for whom the ignore button was created. It took me about 3, maybe 4 of those and I moved to implement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies