Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 06:57 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,032,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nobody is going to hold Obama accountable and you know it.
I was talking about this website and Oregon, not everything has to be all about Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 07:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,935,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I was talking about this website and Oregon, not everything has to be all about Obama.
$160 million doesn't get wasted without the mess that is Obamacare. You know, maybe of someone had actually read it before voting on it.

Do you think anyone could have defended $160 Million dollar websites?

Old 02-13-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
$160 million doesn't get wasted without the mess that is Obamacare. You know, maybe of someone had actually read it before voting on it.

Obama isn't making this website, it is something Oregon has taken on for their own people. Not everything is about Obama, even if you really, really want it to be.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:20 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
We need to find out who failed and hold them responsible. If it was the contractor (Oracle IIRC), they need to give the money back. If it was incompetence in state government, those people need to lose their jobs.
Quote:

Say what? The Pentagon alone wastes and outright loses billions of dollars every year, much of which they can't even account for.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
We need to find out who failed and hold them responsible. If it was the contractor (Oracle IIRC), they need to give the money back. If it was incompetence in state government, those people need to lose their jobs.
Nothing is going to happen because it never does.

Quote:
Say what? The Pentagon alone wastes and outright loses billions of dollars every year, much of which they can't even account for.
And heads should roll but never does.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:32 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,334,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I'm sure you'll be writing a thank you note to the medical devices community, young people and the well off for providing you with the slippers to dance all over their bodies with.
Again, no. I was relatively well off (but I couldn't afford to lose my house over medical bills), the young folks didn't have or weren't buying or have access to affordable insurance and if I didn't have the $709+ insurance per month that I was paying for (plus the $5000 deductible), I might have well have been one of the dead bodies you are referring to. You are talking out of your a** and have no idea what may befall you in the future. All you want to do is p*** all over Obama for trying to fix one of the most embarrassing, ridiculous health policies in the civilized world. A pox on all those who want to sacrifice the good for the perfect. I don't say it is perfect but it's a damn sight better than what we had before with actual death panels and insurance companies who could reject anybody in less than perfect health.

Go ahead. Don't buy into it. But don't come back complaining when you or a loved one gets a medical condition that breaks your financial back. I've been there and I paid over $44,000 over 5 years (which are nearly 40% lower now) in premiums to make sure it didn't happen to me. Come back here and tell us all how you are happy to declare bankruptcy and give up your home and retirement to pay for it.

Last edited by sayulita; 02-13-2014 at 08:50 PM..

Old 02-13-2014, 09:03 PM

39,808 posts, read 26,332,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
New Cover Oregon allegations: 'If it's true, someone's going to prison' - KATU

Oregon's ObamaCare is called Cover Oregon - a local TV station has been doing an investigation of all their "problems". Things are NOT going well for Cover Oregon or the people involved in it.

I think somebody is going to be forced to show where all those Millions of dollars went, with nothing to show for it.

In unrelated news - the head of Colorado's ObamaCare was indicted this week on charges of Fraud and Theft by the State of Montana for the 'work' she did for Montana in Housing. They sure can pick 'em.
Why would hopelessly incompetent and perhaps corrupt people be held accountable over Obamacare failures in Oregon? They sure aren't in DC.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:32 PM

30,167 posts, read 23,565,287 times
Quote:
Are you actually implying that the website in Oregon would have been created without Odeathcare?

C'mon now, for once in your life, be at least a little honest in your statements.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Are you actually implying that the website in Oregon would have been created without Odeathcare?

C'mon now, for once in your life, be at least a little honest in your statements.
Well Oregon could have done what right wing states did, which is sit on their hands and let the federal government handle it.

The actual ACA is fine and has nothing to do with Oregon and them hiring people who clearly had no business building a website for them.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Well Oregon could have done what right wing states did, which is sit on their hands and let the federal government handle it.

The actual ACA is fine and has nothing to do with Oregon and them hiring people who clearly had no business building a website for them.
Would politicians have been able to defend $160 million dollar websites?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies