Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 02:34 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,473,761 times

Advertisements

Mothers are part of what MAKES psychotic killers. In her world, that may be what "good" means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 02:36 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Your anecdotal examples don't refute reality.

Your mutterings about the media and slaves etc. is just bizarre.

These stats have been around since wayyyy before the Obama admin.
Just because you say it doesn't make it true. This makes two times you've chimed in on the apparent availability of stats to prove your case.....yet neither time have you provided those stats.

Show us the numbers that validate that black people are charged with hate crimes more than any other race.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:36 PM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Seems they are a little off as usual.

FBI — Offenders

[/list]
If you go to the US census data....

Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And then do math....

The rate per 1million whites is 15.
The rate per 1million blacks is 30.

The hate crime rate for blacks is double that of whites.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:41 PM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Just because you say it doesn't make it true. This makes two times you've chimed in on the apparent availability of stats to prove your case.....yet neither time have you provided those stats.

Show us the numbers that validate that black people are charged with hate crimes more than any other race.
Well, Bulldog dad already posted the hate crime #'s from 2011.

I figured any chimp with a computer could go to wiki and pull up the 2010 census information and then perform division.

223.6mil whites
38.9mil blacks

3381 vs 1198 hate crimes.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:43 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If you go to the US census data....

And then do math....

The rate per 1million whites is 15.
The rate per 1million blacks is 30.

The hate crime rate for blacks is double that of whites.
If the point is purely the mathematics, then ok. But if the point is to somehow theorize that black people are subjected to harsher penalties, such as hate crime charges, than white people, you've got a long way to go to prove that.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:44 PM

Interesting. I read one article that said the absolute number of anti-white hate crimes were the largest. I was wondering why this isn't a major media story. So I poked around more. Then I stumbled on something I hadn't thought about.Anti-gay hate crimes. There surely are far more white gays than African-American gays. Their skin color is not why they are hated, but if you just lump them in the white numbers for hate-crimes, now it becomes more apparent why the absolute numbers for whites could be higher. The right wing isn't going to EMPHASIZE this fact since I don't think they are particularly pro-gay-rights. They might even find a reason to CHEER when some gay gets attacked. But it does help provide them with numbers that support the idea that whites have become the leading victims.
Hate crimes down in 2011, but anti-gay violence is up, FBI says - Los Angeles Times

Old 02-14-2014, 02:48 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If the point is purely the mathematics, then ok. But if the point is to somehow theorize that black people are subjected to harsher penalties, such as hate crime charges, than white people, you've got a long way to go to prove that.
That was the point. A poster commented how shocking this story was since black people NEVER get charged with hate crimes (something numerous conservative posters have stated countless times on this board).

Mathdude and I simply pointed out the statistics show otherwise - rather than never, black people are very often charged with hate crimes. In fact, relative to population, for every 1 white person charged with a hate crime, 2 black people are charged with hate crimes.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
That was the point. A poster commented how shocking this story was since black people NEVER get charged with hate crimes (something numerous conservative posters have stated countless times on this board).

Mathdude and I simply pointed out the statistics show otherwise - rather than never, black people are very often charged with hate crimes. In fact, relative to population, for every 1 white person charged with a hate crime, 2 black people are charged with hate crimes.
Educate me. How do the prosecutors hand "hate" on the crime charge?

Old 02-14-2014, 02:55 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Hate crime laws are insane. A school yard taunt is now the basis for enhanced punishment? Liberal insanity continues unabated.
I agree with this.

Even though I do feel the boy who caused the injury should be punished, I don't think it is necessary to call it a "hate crime."

This is just as silly as the little boy who kissed a girl's hand being labeled as a "sexual harasser."

And FWIW, all moms say that their kid is a good kid until something like this happens. And he is only 13 so he probably is a good kid and has never been in trouble before. Most 13 year olds are good kids.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this.

Even though I do feel the boy who caused the injury should be punished, I don't think it is necessary to call it a "hate crime."

This is just as silly as the little boy who kissed a girl's hand being labeled as a "sexual harasser."

And FWIW, all moms say that their kid is a good kid until something like this happens. And he is only 13 so he probably is a good kid and has never been in trouble before. Most 13 year olds are good kids.
Surely these things can be addressed in social services. Law enforcement invokes the whole array of constitutional protections. Actual injury should be verified before we start handing out these protections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies