Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 11:10 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,693,762 times

Advertisements

I always think of this image when I read stuff like this on forums:

Old 02-25-2014, 11:22 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
I always think of this image when I read stuff like this on forums:
Where do you get your news from? Just curious.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:46 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Global warming: Increase in global temperature, ocean included

Climate Change: Change in average, long term weather conditions over time

Weather: Atmospheric conditions

Old 02-25-2014, 05:14 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Let me see, since it stopped warming over 17 years ago, the ice pack recovered, its a safe bet the sea level rise will be minimal, if any.

No big deal.
It's stopped warming atmospherically..... check on those oceans son. They cover 75% of the planet. You do realize global warming includes both the atmosphere and the oceans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Repent, the end is near.
Quote:
Hmmmmm aliens then? Seems your prophets are quickly falling by the wayside.
I have no prophets.... Oh wait I get it. You are ignorantly tying AGW to religion, much like creationists tie evolution to a religion. Cute.

Well I have no prophets and science has no prophets.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I have no prophets.... Oh wait I get it. You are ignorantly tying AGW to religion, much like creationists tie evolution to a religion. Cute.

Well I have no prophets and science has no prophets.
Heretic.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:54 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You say that like it would be a bad thing. Shorter shipping routes means less transportation costs, which means lower prices for the consumer. I do not know in what reality you live in, but where I come from lower prices for the consumer is a good thing.
An awesome argument. I suppose you support slave labour for similar reasons, yes? No? Good. We're agreed that some things are more important than filling your SUV with cheap gas and plastic Chinese crap. Now it's just a matter of priorities. Your convenience isn't one of mine.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:00 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Here are a few facts.

Core samples, tide gauge readings, and, most recently, satellite measurements tell us that over the past century, the Global Mean Sea Level (GMSL) has risen by 4 to 8 inches (10 to 20 centimeters). However, the annual rate of rise over the past 20 years has been 0.13 inches (3.2 millimeters) a year, roughly twice the average speed of the preceding 80 years.Sea Level Rise -- National Geographic

The heat content of the oceans is growing and growing. That means that the greenhouse effect has not taken a pause and the cold sun is not noticeably slowing global warming. RealClimate: What ocean heating reveals about global warming

The Arctic sea ice continues to shrink. https://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

Global temperatures keep on rising.. http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/

Glaciers continue to melt. Global Climate Change, Melting Glaciers - National Geographic

Greenland ice sheet melting.. Greenland Ice Sheet Today | Surface Melt Data presented by NSIDC

What more evidence do you need?

Old 02-25-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Esa's Cryosat sees Arctic sea-ice volume bounce back

I'm not bothering with everything as it would make no difference anyway.

BBC News - Esa's Cryosat sees Arctic sea-ice volume bounce back

Old 02-25-2014, 06:21 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Esa's Cryosat sees Arctic sea-ice volume bounce back

I'm not bothering with everything as it would make no difference anyway.

BBC News - Esa's Cryosat sees Arctic sea-ice volume bounce back
Out of date info.. https://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

Sorry dude, the facts speak for themselves.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:23 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Here are a few facts.

Core samples, tide gauge readings, and, most recently, satellite measurements tell us that over the past century, the Global Mean Sea Level (GMSL) has risen by 4 to 8 inches (10 to 20 centimeters). However, the annual rate of rise over the past 20 years has been 0.13 inches (3.2 millimeters) a year, roughly twice the average speed of the preceding 80 years.Sea Level Rise -- National Geographic
Cherry picking data again I see.

Why the last 20 years? You realize that we have global mean sea level changes every year for the last 130 years, right? So why did you pick just the last two decades? The global mean sea level has increased by 195 mm (7.7 inches) in the last 130 years, or an average increase of 1.5 mm per year. Everything else you spew is obviously a deliberate lie to support an AGW agenda.

Quote:
The heat content of the oceans is growing and growing. That means that the greenhouse effect has not taken a pause and the cold sun is not noticeably slowing global warming. RealClimate: What ocean heating reveals about global warming

Arctic Ice Makes Comeback From Record Low, but Long-Term Decline May Continue
Quote:
Global temperatures keep on rising.. http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/
Global surface temperatures have both increased and declined over the last 130 years, according to NASA. There has been a grand total of an 0.80°C increase and a grand total of a 0.29°C decrease in surface temperatures, resulting in a net average increase of 0.51°C (0.918°F) over the last 130 years.

NASA Data: Global Warming Still on "Pause," Sea Ice Hit Record

Quote:
Growing Glaciers | Ice Age Now

Quote:
Greenland ice sheet melting.. Greenland Ice Sheet Today | Surface Melt Data presented by NSIDC

What more evidence do you need?
How about something based on actual science and not deliberate lies for a change? Do you think that might be possible? I did not think so.

Study shows increased summer melting not increasing annual movement of Greenland ice sheet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies