Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 07:54 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Even if you saw it, you still won't change your mind. Information on human sexuality is all over the Internet, you will believe things that conform your beliefs.
I don't ask for "information". I was referring to proof. You do know the difference, yes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 12:42 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I don't ask for "information". I was referring to proof. You do know the difference, yes?
You know what cognitive dissonance is, right? The Internet is filled with information, all you have to do is not be lazy and look things up. Or I will post things for you, if you don't want to do it.
What the Gay Brain Looks Like

http://content.time.com/time/health/...815538,00.html

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun...sci-gaybrain17
http://communities.washingtontimes.c...ience-says-no/

I bet you are the type to think people choose to be gay because its the cool thing to do!

Old 02-21-2014, 05:33 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Unfortunately there is also a lot of ridiculous nonsense on the internet like floridapirate posts. However it is always from some anti gay religious based source. Rational people would go to a legitimate health\science source for information. Or .... gosh .. just ask some gay or lesbian people.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:11 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
On one hand, I suppose that gay conversion therapy is largely a flim flam proposition. On the other hand, it seems that there are varying degrees of gayness, and if a bisexual, barely-gay person could be 'converted' it would probably be to his benefit, if only for the STD factor.

Should gay conversion therapy be illegal? Isn't this idea very similar to the pro-life advocates who want to intervene in a decision between a woman and her doctor? Don't come between me and my doctor, legislators--butt out.
The question is whether this can be considered medical. I would argue that if someone wants to bring some moonbat preacher in to pray over their kid, that may be within their rights, but the medical profession should not be defiled with that sort of quackery. Licensing medical professionals is certainly the state's business, and I would say we should simply pull the medical credentials from any therapist who practices this nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies