Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 11:32 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,954,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Wait... I thought they were trying to say that no abuse happened, but yet one of their shills admitted it happened?

Color me amused at the entrapment of using expedient rhetoric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,346 posts, read 7,030,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Only in America Democrats can pass for a left party, in the rest of the world it would be a right of the center party. USA has no left to speak of. 10 corporations owning all the medial has a lot to do with the fact that American left is marginalized and Obama is declared a "radical Marxist". Pure idiocy.
This. Although the democrat party has been getting slowly more left than it was before, in the scheme of global politics, the democratic party isn't nearly as "left' or "liberal" as the GOP whines that it is.

29,452 posts, read 16,443,329 times
Quote:
from your link

Quote:

Michael Macleod-Ball
Gabe Rottman
Gabe Rottman
Lerner said that career IRS staff who were reviewing applicants for tax-exempt status took a harder look at applications with "tea party" or "patriot" in their names. She stressed that the added scrutiny was done as a "shortcut," not out of "political bias."

Old 02-15-2014, 11:33 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Wait... I thought they were trying to say that no abuse happened, but yet one of their shills admitted it happened?

Color me amused at the entrapment of using expedient rhetoric.
My link wasn't about "them".

Old 02-15-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
from your link
Yeah, the guilty rarely admit their guilt.

Quote:
I prefer the scenic route.

You know what they argument was. I was arguing in defense of the ACLU in their defense of our rights. I argued that I had no problem with who people wanted to marry. What you perceived as my party was nothing more than an attempt to not address my points.
You do Remember that I am a Democrat right ? A very Liberal Democrat at that.

9,470 posts, read 6,954,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Only in America Democrats can pass for a left party, in the rest of the world it would be a right of the center party. USA has no left to speak of. 10 corporations owning all the medial has a lot to do with the fact that American left is marginalized and Obama is declared a "radical Marxist". Pure idiocy.
so?

Why on earth would we want to follow the rest of the world?

I'm not a lemming and have no wish to be one.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Yeah, the guilty rarely admit their guilt.
His argument was that the IRS had admitted to targeting groups for political bias, they did not.

regardless of if you believe they are guilty or not, that has nothing to do with the premise of the debate.

he claimed they had admitted to guilt, they have not.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You do Remember that I am a Democrat right ? A very Liberal Democrat at that.
And?

Old 02-15-2014, 11:38 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,566,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Whatever that "little more" is, contains a gap the size of the universe.

Government has NEVER done anything well.

the exceptions in the private sector are either amazing examples of failure or government subsidy.
Private sector has done well because of big bad government taking care of the things corporations externalized. As far as a wage slave is concerned, it doesn't make any difference who owns an organization he/she relies on to survive. Paradigm do-as-told-or-get-fired-and-starve does not care who owns what as far as a wage slave is concerned. It's just that government must take care of the workers that government owned entities fire, etc. and corporations are not burdened with any responsibility of that sort. Thus, "efficiency".

Look at the revolving door between government and corporations for Pete's sake. For all practical purposes, a modern transnational corporation is run like a government entity (frequently by the same managers for hire), except that pesky externalization thing and loot distribution. Since corporation ownership is becoming more and more convoluted and less defined, managers for hire may screw a corporate entity for their private profits, just the way they screwed public enterprises in the past and present.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies