Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 08:41 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Again, these words have different meaning to everyone. I have yet to meet a single person who thought their ideas werent for more freedom.
LOL!!!!

You don't.

You're not for freedom.

You can't even dream of it. You don't tolerate it. You demand slavery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Nationally, Authoritarian Control owes its existence to no political party and has been practiced by both sides when they want to push their agenda forward.

The loss of freedoms and rights in this country have occurred under both parties with many on the right and on the left completely fine with it.

For example, killing American's abroad without trial + spying on their own citizens is authoritarian.

Your "four sides" are pure fiction.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:53 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Your "four sides" are pure fiction.
Pick any "Right Leaning President" of your choice and I will show you authoritarian control they exhibited during their term.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Pick any "Right Leaning President" of your choice and I will show you authoritarian control they exhibited during their term.
What's that got to do with anything? Seriously.

This whole premise is preposterous.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
There is no right to marriage.
There is, it is called a Fundamental Right, you might want to study up on that because it is clear that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
There is, it is called a Fundamental Right, you might want to study up on that because it is clear that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Just typing "fundamental" in front of something doesn't make it a right.

YOu haven't a clue what you're babbling about.

You haven't explained how marriage is a right.

"Rights" are individual choices which obligate no one else. I have a right to free speech. But nobody has to give me a podium, broadcast what I say, or publish my words.

I have a right to live. But that doesn't obligate anyone to provide my food, water, shelter, medicine, or any other need.

I have a right to worship as I please. But it doesn't make anyone provide a church for me.

In no case does a 'right' involve obligation from someone else.

Marriage, on the other hand, is governmental approval (or perhaps more accurately "accommodation") of a cultural institution, which is a man and woman.

There are myriad rules about who the government grants this to and who it does not. It's even criminal to misrepresent yourself about it - think polygamy.

So, if the government can choose who does and who doesn't, then it cannot POSSIBLY be a right. Besides, what 'right' exists that requires a government to provide you 'benefits'? No such thing exists and it cannot, since a right cannot obligate anyone else.

So, again. I ask you to acknowledge that you have absolutely NO backing for your irrational statement that it's a right of any kind. Or, at least you could try to cobble some kind of stupid verbiage together.

But you're wrong and will always be so.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Just typing "fundamental" in front of something doesn't make it a right.

YOu haven't a clue what you're babbling about.

You haven't explained how marriage is a right.

"Rights" are individual choices which obligate no one else. I have a right to free speech. But nobody has to give me a podium, broadcast what I say, or publish my words.

I have a right to live. But that doesn't obligate anyone to provide my food, water, shelter, medicine, or any other need.

I have a right to worship as I please. But it doesn't make anyone provide a church for me.

In no case does a 'right' involve obligation from someone else.

Marriage, on the other hand, is governmental approval (or perhaps more accurately "accommodation") of a cultural institution, which is a man and woman.

There are myriad rules about who the government grants this to and who it does not. It's even criminal to misrepresent yourself about it - think polygamy.

So, if the government can choose who does and who doesn't, then it cannot POSSIBLY be a right. Besides, what 'right' exists that requires a government to provide you 'benefits'? No such thing exists and it cannot, since a right cannot obligate anyone else.

So, again. I ask you to acknowledge that you have absolutely NO backing for your irrational statement that it's a right of any kind. Or, at least you could try to cobble some kind of stupid verbiage together.

But you're wrong and will always be so.
Fundamental Rights are in the Constitution....maybe you should take a class at your local community college to teach you about the Constitution because it seems like you are lacking the basic knowledge of what is in the Constitution.

And as of right now, your idea of what marriage is continues to erode as you stand on the wrong side of history.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Fundamental Rights are in the Constitution....maybe you should take a class at your local community college to teach you about the Constitution because it seems like you are lacking the basic knowledge of what is in the Constitution.
Gawd you're silly.

Quote:
And as of right now, your idea of what marriage is continues to erode as you stand on the wrong side of history.
More stupid rhetoric from you.

If you think you know the Constitution, please, argue away. MAke the case (you cannot, on that you could bet your life).

My understanding of it (Constitution) exceeds yours by many times.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:39 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Marriage is essentially a set of privileges given by the government and businesses

Old 02-15-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Gawd you're silly.

More stupid rhetoric from you.

If you think you know the Constitution, please, argue away. MAke the case (you cannot, on that you could bet your life).

My understanding of it (Constitution) exceeds yours by many times.
All you have to do is pay attention to any court case that has ruled a same sex marriage ban as unconstitutional to see my case. And if you think your knowledge of the Constitution exceeds mine, yet you don't know what it says about Fundamental Rights, then clearly you don't know the US Constitution at all...maybe you are reading the wrong Constitution.

But then again, I don't expect you to ever understand what it actually going on in reality, that is why you stand on the wrong side of history and we have no problem leaving you there as the country moves forward without you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies