Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think marijuana should be legal in all 50 states?
Yes 89 81.65%
No 20 18.35%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 10:57 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I have to laugh everytime I see people associate pot smoking with success.

You are NOT grinding like some of is. Get the hell of your high horse. I doubt there's many on here that work harder than I do so its an insult to have lazy people try to talk about work ethic.

Mind your own business and carry your own load. I'm tired of carrying it WHILE being criticiced. Get the hell off.
Um, what?

I can't figure out what you're trying to say here, or even to whom it is directed... but there are tons of hard working and/or successful pot smokers, just as there are plenty you could call lazy. Same can be said for non-smokers, right? So I fail to see your point, and might even be reading this backwards. LOL

Last edited by gizmo980; 03-16-2014 at 11:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 11:25 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why no? Because it might hit too hard the high profit levels of the drug cartels? And surely the legal drug companies don't want to put up with the competition of people being allowed to grow their own medication.
I've explained why many times. Why post it yet again; it would be boring. Do some research on other threads on the same subject.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Yes.

All currently controlled drugs should be legalized.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:37 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times
From the perspective of morality, Yes, certainly.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:38 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times
Once again:

Victimless crime -> Yes.
Your body -> Yes.

Conclusion -> Legalize it.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:56 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Legalize it

Old 03-17-2014, 06:55 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Um, what?

I can't figure out what you're trying to say here, or even to whom it is directed... but there are tons of hard working and/or successful pot smokers, just as there are plenty you could call lazy. Same can be said for non-smokers, right? So I fail to see your point, and might even be reading this backwards. LOL
It is directed at those who make assumptions that those who use marijuana are lazy.

I know. It's an absurd mindset to have, but some have it. I just don't play nice with stupid. It's destroying this country.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i vote no, i think weed ought to be highly illegal. i found out last week if you caught with weed in bham al. its a mandatory one year in jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It doesn't matter what I think because I don't vote in all 50 states. It should be up to each state. It should NOT be a federal issue.
I'm inclined to agree. Though it would be stupid for any individual state to keep it illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Again, no.
Too bad Fleet. You're becoming a minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
The stoners don't believe these things because they are stoned and they are impaired.

I have seen the results of pot smoking and I can tell you, it does have an effect on your brain. I have seen kids so stoned out in school, they were like zombies. Really stupid. I saw members of my own family and close friends who lived to smoke pot, just like alcoholics lived for a drink.

Lets see how long this country lasts with most of the population is stoned. Just think, you can usually smell alcohol on someone or they slur their speech or stagger a little. A stoner is a little harder to spot but not much. The eyes, the blank, drugged out stare and the idiotic speech. Now we will have alcoholics and stoners out on the road, driving under the influence....
Oh my. Soooo much hyperbole and stereotypes in these 2 paragraphs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I've explained why many times. Why post it yet again; it would be boring. Do some research on other threads on the same subject.
And what research would that be? The same old BS propaganda that you prohibitionists cling to? No thanks! Some of us can actually think for ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
From the perspective of morality, Yes, certainly.
Yes, I too find the war on weed to be quite immoral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Once again:

Victimless crime -> Yes.
Your body -> Yes.

Conclusion -> Legalize it.

Correct again.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:01 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
...snipped...
Oh my. Soooo much hyperbole and stereotypes in these 2 paragraphs.....snipped...
I guess ones own personal experiences and observations and scientific readings do not count for as much as yours does.....typical.....

Old 03-17-2014, 08:11 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I guess ones own personal experiences and observations and scientific readings do not count for as much as yours does.....typical.....

Yes of course we can find folks that live up to the "stoner stereotypes" but we are painting with an awfully broad brush here! Of course we can also find that people in all proffessions, doctors, lawyers, cops, judges, computer programmers smoke weed, and don't subscribe to the stereotypes. Not to mention some of the world's most influential people. I guess following your logic here folks like George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson were just a couple of burned out zombies, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies