Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 08:44 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
he reminds me of that kid I grew up with...knew every baseball stat ever, but never played Little League.
ALL Rush ever does is Parrot what others said, he has NO original thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 08:54 PM

947 posts, read 1,463,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I learned a lot from listening to RL. Too bad we have so many folks in this country that only parrot the garbage that comes from the MSM, and have never learned to think for themselves. That's clear from the posts on this thread. All his enemies can do is spew hate, but cannot engage on the issues.
As is usual the right just projects. As a former Republican black athlete said he didn't realize the title of a book about Rush Limbaugh being a big fat idiot was a literal truth until many years later of fact checking what Rush Limbaugh said.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:59 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times
I am nearly sure that I am late to the party, but I avoid Mr. Limbaugh.

As idiotic as he seems to many (I have never once listened to him), I find him brilliant. Brilliant in the sense that he can make an absolute fortune reinforcing people's beliefs. I hear he talks complete nonsense, but that nonsense nets him millions.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:03 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Actually, liberals know he is just an entertainer and don't take him seriously. The problem is that many conservatives believe his every word and take him very seriously. Why don't they realize he's just there to entertain them.
You'd never know that based on the hundreds of times liberals come here and post anything he says while foaming at the mouth about conservatives. If liberals stopped listening to Limbaugh his ratings would drop so far he'd be off the air.

Liberals should, but won't, read the list - they do almost all of them.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:06 PM

42 posts, read 65,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier doubts this story, unless you were homeschooled.

Rush Limbaugh's show is broadcast across the fruited plain during normal public school hours.
They replay his show during the weekend and his dad could have taught how to drive during the summer.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:23 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You'd never know that based on the hundreds of times liberals come here and post anything he says while foaming at the mouth about conservatives. If liberals stopped listening to Limbaugh his ratings would drop so far he'd be off the air.

Liberals should, but won't, read the list - they do almost all of them.
I listen to Rush when I can because he entertains me. Although, I really don't like how he tries to degrade people he doesn't agree with. And he has a huge following with conservatives. What upsets me is that conservatives hang on his every word thinking it's gospel. I can see his talking points by people here.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
I listen to Rush when I can because he entertains me. Although, I really don't like how he tries to degrade people he doesn't agree with. And he has a huge following with conservatives. What upsets me is that conservatives hang on his every word thinking it's gospel. I can see his talking points by people here.
Out of curiosity, in what way does he entertain you?

Old 02-16-2014, 09:43 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Out of curiosity, in what way does he entertain you?
I just find myself laughing at some of the things he says. Sometimes he completely leaves out the other half of the story to make his point. But he wouldn't have a point if he told the whole story because the whole story wouldn't support his rant of the day.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I just find myself laughing at some of the things he says. Sometimes he completely leaves out the other half of the story to make his point. But he wouldn't have a point if he told the whole story because the whole story wouldn't support his rant of the day.
So, in a literal sense, he makes you laugh. I completely agree.

I was afraid that you agreed with what he said.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:02 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
He's just reading a Forbes article, he didn't write any of this:

Mentally Strong People: The 13 Things They Avoid - Forbes

Except for the fact that Rush Limbaugh read this on his show, this has nothing to do with politics. This is just basic self-help how to be a better executive type article.

It's also very obvious stuff--there's nothing groundbreaking about "not dwelling on the past" or don't "give up after failure".
That's exactly what it is, yet a majority of the replies will be from posters that didn't even click on link so that they could have something intelligent to say. Instead they'd rather just insult him and call him a drug addict and a pedophile....over and over and over and over.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies