Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 07:30 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
(and to the OP: OH yes I am liberal and I am gay so does it perplex you that I support gun carrying?)
Not OP, but I am conservative, Southern and heterosexual. Does it perplex you I support gay marriage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 07:32 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Since when do cons believe in "hate crimes"?
since they were made the law of the land

i don't like them either, but if they exist i want to be protected by them, too.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:48 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I fail to understand how you can say the liberal media is suppressing this story and then link to CBS news for a report on the story.
I'll explain to you.

Local media cover just about anything. The issue is whether the national media picks it up. Since I don't watch TV news, I don't know whether the national networks, including CBS, picked up the story.

What I found interesting is how the Cambridge police quickly denied this was part of a knockout game, blamed it on drugs or mental illness, even though they don't have anyone in custody.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:22 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'll explain to you.

Local media cover just about anything. The issue is whether the national media picks it up. Since I don't watch TV news, I don't know whether the national networks, including CBS, picked up the story.

What I found interesting is how the Cambridge police quickly denied this was part of a knockout game, blamed it on drugs or mental illness, even though they don't have anyone in custody.
curious indeed. they seem to be flailing wildly for a PC explanation

Old 02-19-2014, 08:25 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Cambridge Police: Mass. Ave. Sucker Puncher Not Part Of ‘Knockout Game’---Oh no...no knockout game.

Where's the outrage from black civil leaders........zzzzzzzzzzz

Cambridge Sucker Punch Victims Speak Out « CBS Boston

Well, the knockout game was already proven to be nothing more than an urban legend regarding consistent unprovoked attacks (they happen everywhere for years). . .and spinning into something news worthy

The media backed off of the nockout game after they looked like complete idiots for taking random violence and attributing it to some manifest escalating event

Old 02-19-2014, 09:55 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'll explain to you.

Witnesses said he was walking around talking loudly to himself.

I would be the first to be angry about this but it sounds like he was mentally unstable.

At least he didn't push someone off a subway platform.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:16 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
The so-called knock out thing is not limited to black kids and just because a person hits a person doesn't make it a hate crime. All these attempts at making white people out to be victims just lets us know who the racists are. We all know that Whites are more likely to be victimized by Whites than Blacks and Blacks are more likely to be victimized by Blacks. Your message is clear, You want White people to feel like victims and arm themselves because the "Liberal media" is attempting to cover up real danger that White people are up against. This simply isn't true.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:20 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
since they were made the law of the land

i don't like them either, but if they exist i want to be protected by them, too.
And you absolutely are

Old 02-19-2014, 11:51 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
All these attempts at making white people out to be victims just lets us know who the racists are.

so according to you, the three white people who were sucker-punched by this black guy are not victims?

yeah, you're doing a pretty fine job of letting us know who the 'real racists are.'

Old 02-19-2014, 01:20 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
And you absolutely are
this is doubtful .. i'm a white male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies