Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2014, 08:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Who is "you folks"?

And what on Earth are you talking about?

This is a discussion on an event so why would what I do personally have any relevance unless your just making ad hominem attacks... If you are, can you make them understandable? Thanks!
Not attacking at all..........just pointing out you will bow down to your master.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 08:50 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post

Please. Give it a rest.

This is a public university operated by the government.
Discrimination is wrong no matter who the majority is. Christianity is always being attacked today, and people give it a free pass. Just because Christians make up the majority of this country doesn't mean that they don't deserve the same protections as other groups.

If the coach was a Muslim who prayed to Allah before the game I bet that the University and everyone else wouldn't care. But oh no, Pray to Jesus and it's over for you! LMAO Christian Phobia at it's finest! It's real and deserves to be recognized as hate.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Why do you end all your posts with "lol"? You're not very funny.
I hate the idea of living one's life by Bronze Age magic and superstition.
Why? There is nothing else to do. You folks make no sense at all......support insanity and think you are some type of academic elite. I'ts a friggen joke.........that is why I say.......LOL. There is nothing else to say.

Now go cry to the moderators like you always do.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,319,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why? There is nothing else to do. You folks make no sense at all......support insanity and think you are some type of academic elite. I'ts a friggen joke.........that is why I say.......LOL. There is nothing else to say.

Now go cry to the moderators like you always do.
There is nothing else to do besides living one's life by Bronze Age magic and superstition? You said a mouthful, right there.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:56 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Discrimination is wrong no matter who the majority is. Christianity is always being attacked today, and people give it a free pass. Just because Christians make up the majority of this country doesn't mean that they don't deserve the same protections as other groups.

If the coach was a Muslim who prayed to Allah before the game I bet that the University and everyone else wouldn't care. But oh no, Pray to Jesus and it's over for you! LMAO Christian Phobia at it's finest! It's real and deserves to be recognized as hate.
He's not being discriminated against. His personal views are not at issue. It's that he wanted to proselytize to the football team.

A coach at a public school does not have the right to proselytize to his football team.

A teacher at a public school does not have the right to proselytize to his/her classroom.

You don't have the right to barge into my house and proselytize to me.

The fact you can't do those things is not "discrimination" nor does it in any way curtail your right of religious freedom.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:56 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,132,512 times
Quote:
Not attacking at all..........just pointing out you will bow down to your master.
I guess, being culturally Jewish, that's better than being made to bow my head to Jesus by as assistant football coach at UCONN.

Who do you think is my master, BTW? If I had a master, I'd want it to be Major Tony Nelson from I Dream of Jeannie.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:57 PM

Has nothing to do with "magic" has to do with life. You don't get it. You do what your masters tell you.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
He's not being discriminated against. His personal views are not at issue. It's that he wanted to proselytize to the football team.

A coach at a public school does not have the right to proselytize to his football team.

A teacher at a public school does not have the right to proselytize to his/her classroom.

You don't have the right to barge into my house and proselytize to me.

The fact you can't do those things is not "discrimination" nor does it in any way curtail your right of religious freedom.
Then stop playing football.............I mean nobody is making you play ball..........right? Who are you and your buddies to say this guy can't say what he wants to say..........this is why you are tyrants. Guys has coached for years and gets run out for this BS............it is too.........I know you won't ever admit it but it is. Just pure BS.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:04 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,746 times
Quote:
Then stop playing football.............I mean nobody is making you play ball..........right? Who are you and your buddies to say this guy can't say what he wants to say..........this is why you are tyrants. Guys has coached for years and gets run out for this BS............it is too.........I know you won't ever admit it but it is. Just pure BS.
I have a better idea. Let's protect football players on PUBLIC TEAMS from having to put up with Bible thumpers, by not allowing them to proselytize to the players while being paid by the taxpayers. That sounds like a much better, simpler, and more Constitutionally-friendly solution.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:07 PM

Just insanity. Yes the evil "thumpers" are destroying the country. LOL

Hey lets let the football players say a friggen prayer that nobody gets hurt. Why do you folks have a problem with that? That is my question. Apparently you don't care. Wouldn't want some non conformer to have to say a prayer right? Just crazy..........absolute crazy. You don't get it though........you have been taught to do what your told........like most liberals. Thankfully there are some left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies