Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 04:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
I thought if you got a credit from the govenment against taxes that you would have paid you were simply saving your money that you earned? So Republicans who sign up for the ACA and get subsidies are now leeches?
Proof positive that some people dont have a god dam clue what they are talking about..

A DEDUCTION is saving money that you earned..

A CREDIT = welfare.. It has absolutely NO BEARING on what you make.

Once again, stop embarassing yourself and learn the difference
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 04:16 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Proof positive that some people dont have a god dam clue what they are talking about..

It isn't clear that you have a clue.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:23 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,543 times
Quote:

Ok let me understand. If a businessman in the 39.5% tax bracket buys an suv he can writes it off per section 179 and save a lot of money that would have gone to the government he is a Tea Party hero. But if a family of four making $90,000 a year in the 15% bracket signs up for the ACA and takes a tax credit and lowers their bill and keeps their money they are now welfare recipients. Thank you for the clarification.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:26 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,191 times
Quote:
So the millions who had insurance prior to ACA but dont now, never existed because they were too poor to afford coverage?
When was that EVER STATED!!!!????? Individual coverage was expensive to begin with, so much so that poor could not obtain coverage due to the expenses and high deductibles.

Quote:
Your opinion is meaningless. Now collecting medicaid is now a "right".. Give it up..
Must be nice to be on a government program not worrying about having to getting treatment because you are uninsured. For millions of Americans, this was the case before and since the republicans blocked medicaid, this will be the case for many of their poor constituents. In essence, many poor will die with out medicaid expansion, because no hospital will treat their cancer or other deadly chronic condition if they are uninsured. Medicaid may not be the best coverage, but its better than no coverage. I am glad you can sleep well at night knowing thousand will die due to politics and not letting people receive coverage.

Quote:
Why are you picking a 19 year old?
Because many on this board sating that the you are being stiffed to pony up more. But in my area, premiums for individual insurance is WAY DOWN for the private markets. A 40 year old with out subsidies can get a silver plan for about 220 a month. With pretty good coverage.

Im sorry, but I just cant agree with you on anything and that's just the way it is.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
It isn't clear that you have a clue.
Considering I make my living by understanding the difference between a credit, and a deduction, I'd suggest YOU are the one who doesnt have a clue..

Old 02-19-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Ok let me understand. If a businessman in the 39.5% tax bracket buys an suv he can writes it off per section 179 and save a lot of money that would have gone to the government he is a Tea Party hero. But if a family of four making $90,000 a year in the 15% bracket signs up for the ACA and takes a tax credit and lowers their bill and keeps their money they are now welfare recipients. Thank you for the clarification.
You dont have a clue about the tax code, do you?

p.s. where have I supposed writing off a SUV? Writing off the cost from ones profits, and thus reducing ones taxes, isnt the same as getting a free SUV...

Old 02-19-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr89 View Post
When was that EVER STATED!!!!????? Individual coverage was expensive to begin with, so much so that poor could not obtain coverage due to the expenses and high deductibles.
And its still expensive..
Quote:
Must be nice to be on a government program not worrying about having to getting treatment because you are uninsured. For millions of Americans, this was the case before and since the republicans blocked medicaid, this will be the case for many of their poor constituents. In essence, many poor will die with out medicaid expansion, because no hospital will treat their cancer or other deadly chronic condition if they are uninsured. Medicaid may not be the best coverage, but its better than no coverage. I am glad you can sleep well at night knowing thousand will die due to politics and not letting people receive coverage.
MILLIONS lost insurance due to ACA.. How do YOU sleep at night? Give the babble a rest.. Its why you left wing kooks cant be taken seriously
Quote:
Because many on this board sating that the you are being stiffed to pony up more. But in my area, premiums for individual insurance is WAY DOWN for the private markets. A 40 year old with out subsidies can get a silver plan for about 220 a month. With pretty good coverage.

Im sorry, but I just cant agree with you on anything and that's just the way it is.
Please tell me what part of ACA reduced cost of insurance..

Old 02-19-2014, 04:36 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,543 times
Quote:
You dont have a clue about the tax code, do you?

p.s. where have I supposed writing off a SUV? Writing off the cost from ones profits, and thus reducing ones taxes, isnt the same as getting a free SUV...
And neither is paying $6,000 out of $8000 for an an ACA is the same as free health care. But in your book its welfare since they are saving $2,000 that they would have spent.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
And neither is paying $6,000 out of $8000 for an an ACA is the same as free health care. But in your book its welfare since they are saving $2,000 that they would have spent.
Where does the $2K savings come from?

And tell me how I can write off a SUV and make you pay for it.. I'd love to know...

Old 02-19-2014, 04:50 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,085 times
Quote:
Considering I make my living by understanding the difference between a credit, and a deduction, I'd suggest YOU are the one who doesnt have a clue..
With your knowledge (shown so far), your understanding certainly isn't apparent.

That statement about Medicaid at 4xpoverty level was very revealing. And hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies