Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 11:21 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
He cares and is ready to fund the expansion of medicaid 100% for states that accept it. It's the republicans in the state that don't care about their own citizens.
Oh of course not. Those evil Repugs don't care about anybody except big oil, big business, and big guns. Keep telling yourself that.

Dummycrat$ never que$tion why Democrat$ are $o keen to expand Big pharma and big government. An$wer: it'$ not for U$ citizen$' true benefit.

Moving Deadlines Is 'Wrong Way' To Fix Health Law; Expand Medicaid To Close 'Racial' Health Gap - Kaiser Health News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why is it shutting down now? It was fine before.....
According to Mohawk, because they arent getting enough governmental patients. I wonder when Democrats switched and now believe its ok for government to subsidize big businesses..

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Show me where Obamacare has cut reimbursement rates. Just show me. I live on planet earth not under a rock.

Actually reimbursement rates under obamacare for Medicaid have increased. Here's a valid link. Save your BS for the peons.

https://www.advisory.com/Research/Ph...rease-for-PCPs
From your article:

Quote:
However, the rates could drop to their previous levels in 2015, after this initiative expires, so practices should take future payments into account when deciding how many Medicaid patients to add to their panels.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:23 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So i'm not clear.. Is depending on medicaid good or bad? And if one receives ACA subsidies, how is that any different than medicaid?
If you're poor and at or below the poverty level, Medicaid is a lifesaver for you and your children. If you are working poor, have a job and make above the poverty level but below 133% of the poverty level, you are SOL because you don't qualify for a health insurance subsidy but don't qualify for medicaid if you live in a republican state. That's the donut hole the republicans created by rejecting the medicaid expansion.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:24 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
What a warped article. The whole reason the hospital is closing is because Georgia is one of the states that refused the Medicaid expansion and 23% of the patients that the critical care facility handles have no insurance and are not elegiable for Medicaid. The hospital has only 25 beds to begin with so it isn't actually a hospital. just a rural care facility in a poor area. Bottom line, the republicans are responsible for the shutdown by not expanding their Medicaid program. There have been no "Cuts" in hospital payments under Obamacare.

Here's some actual info from your own link.

Many hospitals in the 25 states that rejected the Medicaid expansion are facing similar financial problems. Liberal administration ally Think Progress has already faulted Georgia for not expanding Medicaid as Obamacare envisioned.

As usual, misinformation and downright lies from the Obamacare haters. In fact, almost all the horror stories that the Obamacare haters post on the internet are cases from the Republican states that refused to expand their system in accordance with the ACA. So basically, you trash the system then complain that it isn't working.
It is government demanding that private hospital must treat uninsured people walking into their emergency rooms, but it will be okay, because government will reimburse them.

Then government writes the ACA law which lowers reimbursement payments for the forced emergency room treatments, in order to coerce states into expanding Medicare.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
If you're poor and at or below the poverty level, Medicaid is a lifesaver for you and your children. If you are working poor, have a job and make above the poverty level but below 133% of the poverty level, you are SOL because you don't qualify for a health insurance subsidy but don't qualify for medicaid if you live in a republican state. That's the donut hole the republicans created by rejecting the medicaid expansion.
But we arent discussing the individual, we are discussing the hospital, that the individuals no longer can go to anymore because of changes ACA is making..(or so thats the claim)

A governmental handout is a handout, rebardless of it being called medicaid, or a subsidy. All of that money must be taken from another individual who cant spend it, thus decreasing the economy, and their own ability to pay for services.

The government increasing poverty continues while Democrats applaud...

Old 02-19-2014, 11:29 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
No, that is the donut hole the tyrannical ACA created.

Obama using a big stick to force people to do things against their will, because they don't see it as economically viable, and then you blaming the the people for getting beaten by the stick for not doing something against their will. That is your logic.

Do what I say or else I'll punish you, is tyranny, not freedom.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:29 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It is government demanding that private hospital must treat uninsured people walking into their emergency rooms, but it will be okay, because government will reimburse them.

Then government writes the ACA law which lowers reimbursement payments for the forced emergency room treatments, in order to coerce states into expanding Medicare.
Show me with a link that the ACA has reduced payments to emergency room services.

In fact, never mind. I'm done with this thread. Just another soap box thread full of distorted, misinformation from the usual Obamacare haters. I'll not feed the right wing cretin trolls anymore.

You guys can continue your ass slapping right wing circle and eat the jerky by yourselves.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Show me with a link that the ACA has reduced payments to emergency room services.

In fact, never mind. I'm done with this thread. Just another soap box thread full of distorted, misinformation from the usual Obamacare haters. I'll not feed the right wing cretin trolls anymore.
The whole point of ACA was to reduce costs by getting people to stop going to the ER, correct?

While I dont buy ACA is the reason the hospital is closing, (considering it says 20+% of the residents are uninsured), but to stand here and pretend ACA isnt causing waves of damages as it gets implimented is beyond ridiculous.
Quote:
You guys can continue your ass slapping right wing circle and eat the jerky by yourselves.
Little childish if you ask me.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:32 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
So, please tell us why this is just a republican thing...

Really, go ahead...

Where the states stand on Medicaid expansion | The Advisory Board Daily Briefing

But, I used your link and found the states that also have not expaned medicaid...are they all republican...

DAMN, I did not know Ohio went repub.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies