Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 12:37 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
What if I was swimming as saw a black shark and a white shark...and I swam away from the black shark in fear and the white shark eats me...

What did I learn before I became bait?

What did you learn? Nothing from a confused analogy.

Statistically, blacks commit far more crimes (particularly violent crimes) per capita than whites. Because of this FACT, when one sees a black person, it is far more statistically probable that the person is a criminal.

Your poor "analogy" would be valid if we assume that blacks and whites commit an equal per capita number of crimes. Your presumption that the "fear" or "suspicions" that one harbors toward the black population is irrational and not based on fact. In fact, the opposite is true.

Again, if you want people not to assume that blacks are criminals, tell the black community to stop committing so many crimes.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:41 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You have not refuted the fact that the White guy trying to break into the car is just as destructive to society as if a Black person did the exact same thing. The statistics does not change that. If you cannot refute that, then this is merely about bias.

And by the way, there have been Black people who have said "stop committing crimes". Guess what? The very Black persons who keep committing crimes do not listen, because like criminals of any other ethnicity, they don't care about anyone, not even themselves.

And the "fish" argument does not hold any water. If both a Black person and a White person commit a crime, wouldn't both of their actions cause a problem for society?

You entirely missed the point of the video.

When the white guy was "breaking into the car", the perception of the crowd was that he owned the car and was locked out.

When the black guy was "breaking into the car", the perception was that he did not own the car and was stealing it.

Statistically, that would be a very good bet. One does not fish for trout in the middle of an interstate highway- one fishes for trout in a cool stream. Similarly, when one is looking for criminals, the statistical probability that they will be black is much higher.

Again, if you do not like the fact that blacks commit more crimes (and people accurately know and understand this)- tell the black community to stop committing so many crimes!

Old 02-20-2014, 12:46 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Are you saying the video isn't true?
Of course it's not true. Good God Almighty!

Clue:

ed·it

/ˈɛdɪt/ Show Spelled [ed-it]
verb (used with object) 1. to supervise or direct the preparation of (a newspaper, magazine, book, etc.); serve as editor of; direct the editorial policies of.

2. to collect, prepare, and arrange (materials) for publication.

3. to revise or correct.

4. to expunge; eliminate (often followed by out ): The author has edited out all references to his own family.

5. to add (usually followed by in ).

Old 02-20-2014, 12:52 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Right, and Africans aren't violent?
We're talking about African Americans. Africans were not violent when they came here. Our heritage was stripped from us. We weren't exactly practicing tribal sacrifices while enslaved.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
What did you learn? Nothing from a confused analogy.

Statistically, blacks commit far more crimes (particularly violent crimes) per capita than whites. Because of this FACT, when one sees a black person, it is far more statistically probable that the person is a criminal.

Your poor "analogy" would be valid if we assume that blacks and whites commit an equal per capita number of crimes. Your presumption that the "fear" or "suspicions" that one harbors toward the black population is irrational and not based on fact. In fact, the opposite is true.

Again, if you want people not to assume that blacks are criminals, tell the black community to stop committing so many crimes.
Do blacks commit more crimes or are they arrested more for their crimes? There is a BIG difference and this video explains it pretty simply. Even still, I'm not surprised so many of you don't get it.

I can no more prevent a black criminal from committing a crime than you can a white criminal, so stop with that tired line.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:

When the white guy was "breaking into the car", the perception of the crowd was that he owned the car and was locked out.

When the black guy was "breaking into the car", the perception was that he did not own the car and was stealing it.

Statistically, that would be a very good bet. One does not fish for trout in the middle of an interstate highway- one fishes for trout in a cool stream. Similarly, when one is looking for criminals, the statistical probability that they will be black is much higher.

Again, if you do not like the fact that blacks commit more crimes (and people accurately know and understand this)- tell the black community to stop committing so many crimes!
Yes, but the POINT is that they were BOTH criminals. Which leaves you to wonder how many other in plain sight crimes are committed by white criminals presumed to be innocents?

You're missing the point completely which is quite puzzling.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:59 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
Quote:

Where you go wrong is that you don't admit that crime is rare. Crime is not common. There are 40 million black people in the US. 2 percent of the population committed some crime in 2013.

The problem is stupid white people who believe everything they see on TV.

Richard Sherman's rant on TV and how white people responded on twitter was the perfect example of that.

Didn't matter that he was a Stanford grad with a 3.9 GPA with no criminal history. He was the stereotypical thug that white america is used to being presented to in the media.

When you see that day in and day out, you will begin to expect every black person to act that way.

Even you in this thread have admitted that you profile all black people, so you bought what they sold as well.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:01 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Yes, but the POINT is that they were BOTH criminals. Which leaves you to wonder how many other in plain sight crimes are committed by white criminals presumed to be innocents?

You're missing the point completely which is quite puzzling.

Bingo. And the black guy was wearing pants and a hoodie, which was down, yet the white conservatives till say that is thug clothing?

Old 02-20-2014, 01:11 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
A more controlled study......same results

LiveLeak.com - What Would You Do? Bike Theft (White Guy, Black Guy, Pretty Girl)

yet another example here

ABC 20/20 What Would You Do Vandals Racism In America Pt. 2 - YouTube

Old 02-20-2014, 01:15 PM

72,978 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
This tendency to bury your head in the sand, rather than solve the real problem, is why you have a problem.

As I said, there's nothing I can do to help you with it, besides give the advice I already gave.
Picking out one part of my statement and omitting the rest, that shows that what I have said cannot be refuted.

When I said I did not care, it should have been clear about what I said. I was not talking about crime statistics per se. I said do not care why some people perceive Blacks the way they do. My point was that if anyone is committing a crime, you don't give them a pass because "their demographic is less prone to crime". It does not make sense because what it does is send a message of "I can get away with anything". It is also destructive.

I never once said there weren't problems. I said I don't care why some people perceive Blacks the way they do. I am going to call people on it. Alot of people don't care why many Blacks commit crimes. If Blacks are going to be held to scrutiny for crime, then why not hold all people to scrutiny for their attitudes towards others of any race?

Again, can you refute that a White person committing a crime is just as destructive as a Black person committing that very same crime? Again, please refute it. Don't bring up statistics. Concentrate on the over all result of a crime being committed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies